Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

181 reg cars...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

The metal plates were so much nicer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭ofcork

Even pressed plates would be nicer my spot today was a skoda rapid saloon.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,575 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Not sure if been posted but nice M4 in a bit of a marmite colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Saw my first 181 today. Some being Mercedes saloon. Don't think it was S class, one below it.
    copacetic wrote: »
    Not sure if been posted but nice M4 in a bit of a marmite colour.

Is that the Competition Pack? Wheels look like it.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,575 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Saw my first 181 today. Some being Mercedes saloon. Don't think it was S class, one below it.

Is that the Competition Pack? Wheels look like it.

Not sure how you tell if it has the actual pack, but seemed to have extra bits of carbon stuck on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭carsfan2

Those are the competition pack alloys and has the black grille that is part of the pack too so I’d say it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

The splitter and side skirts are not part of the competition pack. That gets the wheels (which I dont like, too empty), black badge, black front grills and black exhaust tips. You get 20 more horsepower too and different DSC calibration and dampers.

I would say the carbon bits are m performance parts fitted in the dealer. That blue is a polarizing colour, I dont know that all the black on blue is a good combo, chrome would almost be better. Still very nice motor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭carsfan2

That yas marina blue is my least favorite colour on the m3/4.
    Great to see nice cars being registered though.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

AMKC wrote: »
    Hardly the most practical car this time of year. But I suppose at least they will be ready when it does get warmer be able to have the hood down and enjoy some open air driving.

I've driven Dublin to wexford a couple of times with the top down in the evening time when the temperature was about 10 degrees . It was lightly raining on one occasion too. With the heater on its quite a nice experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

I've driven Dublin to wexford a couple of times with the top down in the evening time when the temperature was about 10 degrees . It was lightly raining on one occasion too. With the heater on its quite a nice experience.

Lucky you didn't get stopped for indecent exporsure.

Whhaa ehhh badum tss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Airport Driving School have at least two new Fiestas, 181-D-3002 and 181-D-3004

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

AMKC wrote: »
    Hardly the most practical car this time of year. But I suppose at least they will be ready when it does get warmer be able to have the hood down and enjoy some open air driving.

My next car, the one car I miss the most out of all my cars was my convertible

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

Seen my first damaged 181 this morning. A Toyota with a badly dented front passenger wing. I'd be sick having damage so soon after buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,728 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Seen 181-OY-187 today. A silver Renault Captur.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭GavMan

Trebor176 wrote: »
    Airport Driving School have at least two new Fiestas, 181-D-3002 and 181-D-3004

Seen a Megane Grande Coupe on Renault Belgard's FB page. D reg over 3300 now

• Registered Users Posts: 15,728 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Seen a white Renault Kadjar D reg. Was 181-D-xxxx and a Black Ford kuga 181-OY-164.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Definitely; no point in having a convertible unless the top is down as often as you can. Long journeys (300miles plus), late at night whizzing around the city in winter etc. What’s the point otherwise all you end up with is a noisier colder version of the coupe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I haven't seen too many 181's around. If motorcheck is to be trusted it looks like Dublin reg's are just shy of 4100.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,300 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    And to hear engine that lovely diesel engine noise :pac: Lovely car though!

Convertible diesels are nuts.
    I drove the new e class and I thought that engine was a serious letdown in terms of performance and how itself and the autobox behaved. Lots of noise and not enough torque imo. The engine / box seemed nicer in last model.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Saw a 181 toyota Aygo this evening. Cute little car

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭ofcork

Nice 181 E class a lot seem to have AMG spec now improves the looks no end.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,170 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Seen my first 181 today, a black Nissan Qashqai.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

181 D 614x spotted earlier. A red Focus. I was driving it. Lots of toys :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35 sky18

Any chance of more info on the extras

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭JimmyMcGill

Saw a 181 c 2450 Octavia in the dark this evening. Highest I've seen yet, nothing unusual or different either so far. Neighbour got a 97 e36 convertible, sat into it today. What a car.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

sky18 wrote: »
    Any chance of more info on the extras

8" colour touchscreen and Android Auto are brilliant for maps/nav. You can listen to text, viber, messenger, and whatsapp messenges and even reply to them all by voice without leaving the map screen.

Reversing sensors, reversing camera, and adaptive cruise control are all good too.

All are new to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Bren_C

The numbers are creeping up, dealer just sent told me my car was registered today 181D59XX

• Registered Users Posts: 23,886 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

President Higgins will be rolling soon in twin sapphire blue BMW 740Ld's, about to be deployed on 181-D tags. First to spot one gets a sweetie.

The bimmers are long term replacements for the decrepit '06 S-Class which soldiered through the recession and which eventually died last year, replaced by a leased 141 S350L for a time pending the arrival of the new fleet. Leo will be envious.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,170 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Seen a 181 L Audi A5 Sportback this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,739 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I'm dying to see one of the 100 rumoured Lexus LS that are ordered for this year.

Advertisement