Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fireworks

Options
  • 01-01-2018 1:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,149 ✭✭✭

London knocked it outta the park with that display, INSANE

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

AidoEirE wrote: »

Traitor

Why weren't you watching RTE like the rest of us? You missed all the technical faults and signal losses.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,806 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Shut the **** up, I'm trying to sleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,464 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Why don't they stop the NY events in Dublin, stop the RTE New Years stuff and just have a fireworks display? Money better spent in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,638 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Musta spent all that NHS bus money on fireworks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,149 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

myshirt wrote: »
    Traitor

Why weren't you watching RTE like the rest of us? You missed all the technical faults and signal losses.

Was on it but, tech faults jumped in, which to be fair they looked like they had sorted by the time the fireworks started, lost me by then though.

15 mins london and is was mad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

It’s crazy I can get the cordite in my nose just watching it.
    Costs a fortune I’m sure but then they have it to spend!

listermint wrote: »
    Musta spent all that NHS bus money on fireworks

He’s dead right

With the **** year they had with attacks and all, they had to blow it outta the park. Fair play to them

Why don't they stop the NY events in Dublin, stop the RTE New Years stuff and just have a fireworks display? Money better spent in my opinion.

I think they don’t want to be seen to be copying them and they couldn’t compete anyway.
    15 minutes of pyrotechnics backlit against some of the most famous buildings in the world?

With the **** year they had with attacks and all, they had to blow it outta the park. Fair play to them

That’s what they’re like.
    **** you ISIS . Here have some fireworks .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

Just watched on you tube. Epic display. Say what you will about New year's but theres something special about London. The home of time and the history - it's a beautiful city. I miss it at times like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,464 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

splinter65 wrote: »
    I think they don’t want to be seen to be copying them and they couldn’t compete anyway.
    15 minutes of pyrotechnics backlit against some of the most famous buildings in the world?

They could have a massive fireworks display in the docklands area, lots of space, and for far less money than I imagine is spent on all the other New Year events and RTE programming.

It's not about competing either - I think people would enjoy it more.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,904 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

In fairness, the Brits know how to put on a show.

Meanwhile we have Kodaline singing songs about their dead cats while over on the BBC, Nile Rogers/Chic are rocking the funk out of it, absolutely killing it.

Kodaline are a good band, but not what you’d want when your trying to rock out a NYE party!!
    You need some upbeat music, not drab downbeat/downtempo slow songs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Was watching the last few games of the NFL regular season and could hear Kodaline prior to midnight. It sounded awful sad and mournful just before all the drums started going prior to midnight.

Had a look out at the fireworks and the lasers then. Thought it looked better than last year anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Can we get 4 fireworks to tie around each of him so..money well spent in that case

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

Like to watch the London fireworks every year. Fantastic visual show again this year but the music for the fireworks was utter ****, which was very unusual.
    And the "rocking" music before hand was awful too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,545 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

What did we do to deserve threats like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Shouldn't you be joylessly condemning the firework show as 'theft' of tax-payers' money?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

latest?cb=20160401153851

QED.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭indioblack

Fireworks are like sex - one bang and it's all over.
    Governments waste far more of their taxpayers money unknown and unseen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

Maybe I'm getting old but fireworks bore me now, after 30 seconds I'd be looking to get away early and beat the traffic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Don Kiddick

Sounds like the boards mods & admins annual Xmas coke & hookers party!

Permabear that €2million is a lot of money here, but it’s loose change in London.
    During the miserable years after the last war they spent a bloody fortune on the current queens wedding AND coronation and her fathers funeral because that’s what the people want.
    Because that’s what they do, that’s what they want, that’s their thing.
    They like to do things bigger and better and take a risk.
    Look at what they spent on the Olympics. Obscene money.
    Thousands of people came from all over the world to London to see that firework display and spent a fortune in London this weekend on top of all the money being spent on Christmas any way.
    If there was no fireworks or it was smaller or shorter or less spectacular then anywhere else there would be hell to pay for Sadiq Khan who’s being watched like a hawk.
    It’s terribly small minded and Irish to sit tutting about taxpayers money going up in smoke when there’s a much bigger picture in the background.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Guns 'N' Roses had a better fireworks display in Slane 7 months ago than that on rte

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,904 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Guns 'N' Roses had a better fireworks display in Slane 7 months ago than that on rte

I had a better fireworks display for Halloween 2 months ago than RTÉ had last night!!

• Advertisement

That’s interesting. Are you against all the parades then (4th July, Pride, St Patrick’s Day etc)?
    Do small business owners not profit from these things and, as a consequence, the employees and their families?

Advertisement