Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drunkenly kissed friend...what to do?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭heretothere

I know you're saying he's not into commitment, but, he's not into commitment so far..... I've seen it with loads of the lads, they always say they won't be 'tamed' or 'stuck with one woman' then comes along the right one, next thing there isn't anything they wouldn't do for the girl.
    London - Dublin is really not that far, no it won't work forever but I do think you'll have regrets if you don't even test the waters with this guy. I'm presuming you're Irish? Start texting him then conveniently be coming to visit home soon and suggest ye meet up for a night out just the two of ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

‘Not into commitment’/‘can’t be tamed’...all of that is waffle and bluster for people who want to sound like they have a reasonable excuse for not liking the people they sleep with enough to bother to make it work. But they think it sounds better that way.

If someone is saying that to you, that’s the message they’re sending so listen to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

leggo wrote: »
    ‘Not into commitment’/‘can’t be tamed’...all of that is waffle and bluster for people who want to sound like they have a reasonable excuse for not liking the people they sleep with enough to bother to make it work. But they think it sounds better that way.

If someone is saying that to you, that’s the message they’re sending so listen to that.

To be fair it's not what he's been saying to me specifically, it's what he's been saying to all his mates including me for the last couple of years. "Not into marriage and commitment" and all that stuff. His relationship history would vouch for that. A few relationships here and there but single and doing his own thing in terms of travelling and casually dating a lot for the last few years.

Statistically it's probably likely that some woman will come along and sweep him off his feet but I'm not gonna take the chance on that woman being me! I get the sense he fancies me but his reluctance will always hold him back, whether it's the friendship thing or that innate commitmentphobe thing or the distance or a combination of all of them. He's the kind of guy who says what he means and means what he says, so I probably will get in touch with him next time in Dublin, but will keep the expectations fairly low in terms of anything meaningful happening between us again.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭heretothere

Give us an update if it turns into the summer of love ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 doitlikeadude

To be honest, you've had a couple of kisses. He's attracted to you you're attracted to him. He probably goes out kissing many a girl on a night out. Face value there are a lot of people that will just have the smooch if it's offered. By all means have a smooching partner, but don't invest too much in to it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement