Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Years Eve

Options
  • 29-12-2017 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭

What are your plans? (If any?) :)

I'm going for dinner and a few drinks with my boyfriend and then back to our apartment early enough. We will probably watch a movie or something.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Just off the phone to a couple of friends who are coming over to us for the night. A good old chat, a few drinks, nibbles, sandwiches, cake etc and pass the night in pleasant company.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I am going to sit here on boards and watch whatever **** is on the telly. If you can imagine such a scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

Drinking pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

What are your plans? (If any?) :)

I'm going for dinner and a few drinks with my boyfriend and then back to our apartment early enough. We will probably watch a movie or something.

Tenner says he proposes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Just off the phone to a couple of friends who are coming over to us for the night. A good old chat, a few drinks, nibbles, sandwiches, cake etc and pass the night in pleasant company.

Is it David Attenborough?
    I'd just sip a drink and watch him doing commentary on my dog and birds all night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

NYE is boring, I've tried enjoying but never 'got' it. I much prefer Christmas Eve, that's a magic day and evening.

Is it David Attenborough?
    I'd just sip a drink and watch him doing commentary on my dog and birds all night.

:D No, he's at home.

He's doing well though and sent a very appropriate Christmas card.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Jools Holland

/thread

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Staying in, hate new years eve out, will watch a film then head outside around 11.55 to hear the church bells beside us followed by the neighbour, whose usually p*ssed, shout happy new year to nobody

• Registered Users Posts: 17,260 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Between fighting for a place at the bar (and having to plan it at least 15 minutes before everyone else needs a drink or keeping an eye on the obstacle course to get to the bar and thinking I can get in there) in the hopes the barman may notice me, beside the drooling woman who has had too many WKD's and thinks knocking everyone else out with her flailing arms will get her served quicker, and then to be charged a fortune for the privilege of being served by his graciousness

or

staying at home with a few friends round, good music we enjoy, drink we can afford (may even put a few pizzas on!) - served as and when you want

Tough decision...or maybe I'm getting too old

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

10.....9.......8......F*ck off.

BoroMan32 wrote: »
    10.....9.......8......F*ck off.

Hence, you're not invited.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,508 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Detest New Years and will be in bed early watching Netflix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Depressing.

Signals Christmas is over and its back to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭AppleBottle

Tenner says he proposes

You will owe me a tenner :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Usually spend New Year's Eve at home with my husband feeling bored as we have been let down by friends too many times now. However, this year, we are spending it with my friend and her husband at their house and I'm so excited!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭AppleBottle

I am going to sit here on boards and watch whatever **** is on the telly. If you can imagine such a scenario.

I did it last year, didn't go out for the first time in years and it was actually nice for a change! :)
    Depressing.

Signals Christmas is over and its back to work.

Unfortunately true for me too. I'll be counting down to the next break I have off work come Tuesday. :pac:

erica74 wrote: »
    However, this year, we are spending it with my friend and her husband at their house and I'm so excited!!

Unless you let them down and then...

I haven't been out on New Years Eve in years. It would be too manic for me. Himself and me will cook something lovely, open a bottle of champagne, eat chocolate and that's it :)

I haven't been out on New Years Eve in years. It would be too manic for me. Himself and me will cook something lovely, open a bottle of champagne, eat chocolate and that's it :)

Champagne and chocolate - are you sure "that's it"

• Advertisement

fritzelly wrote: »
    Champagne and chocolate - are you sure "that's it"

Well sure there might be a bit of jiggery pokery

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

When you're in your late teens/early 20s you feel that you have to go out to a busy bar. That it's some how a sin to stay in. But after a few, you realise that come 12:01am it turns in to just another night out but the pubs are mental and getting home is a nightmare.

Been there done that. I would rather just stay in.

You will owe me a tenner :P

You seem happy about that, Personal Issues that way ->

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

We always have my best friend and her boyfriend over. We watch the big fat quiz of the year, play games and eat Chinese food.

Really looking forward to it :)

PandaPoo wrote: »
    We always have my best friend and her boyfriend over. We watch the big fat quiz of the year, play games and eat Chinese food.

Really looking forward to it :)

He’s gonna propose during dressed as Noel Fielding

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Haven't went out for years on NYE because it's a disaster (IMO) when you live in a city. We alternate between having friends over for dinner and drinks (or vice versa) and just sitting on the couch with phones and drinks (that's what happening this year because we'll be away). Suits us.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

In my sealed bunker waiting for the collapse of society. Tins of beans and pasta everywhere, it's fantastic and you're not invited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Can't go it at all. Will sit in and watch the television with a few drinks. Will probably log on here to mock RTE's offering for a while, before ringing in the new year with the Beeb.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I've had actual flu this Christmas. Bed-ridden and all. Now I'm better we shall be sipping pints but just in the local pub, a mere five min walk away so no need for cabs. Normally I'm happy staying in but I'm looking forward to a pint now I'm better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭bear1

First new years in 3 years that we go out.
    Parents in law babysitting and we are off with 2 other couples to an nye event in a hotel.
    3 course meal with a free bottle of vodka per couple and music till 5am.
    Misses can't drink cause she's pregnant so no taxi worries for us :)

Advertisement