Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thursday 28 December

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

Dubron wrote: »
    Surely RTE will get rid of Tony O' Hehir sooner rather than later? You'd swear he was commentating on a claimer up in Dundalk rather than a top quality Grade 1 at a big festival there!

Richard Pugh took the staying hurdle today and was excellent IMO, brings a bit of excitement to the race but informative at the same time.

Jobs for life with these lads, you know how it is in RTE. He's been pathetic for years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭handsfree2

Dubron wrote: »
    Surely RTE will get rid of Tony O' Hehir sooner rather than later? You'd swear he was commentating on a claimer up in Dundalk rather than a top quality Grade 1 at a big festival there!

Richard Pugh took the staying hurdle today and was excellent IMO, brings a bit of excitement to the race but informative at the same time.

He just lists the horses from first to last, rinse repeat. Richard Hoiles puts him to shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

The commentator of the Lexus mentioned Jack Kennedy, must be using a week old Racing Post

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭dk6dk6

antietam wrote: »
    If anyone knew what i posted recently in criptic form about Harrington you would never in a million years back Sizing John.I put up the winner at nice odds and backed him accordingly also did Outlander in a 100 s/f .If Harrington can[make peace]then Sizing John will win the Gold cup but none of the front five will win in March.We know my able friend Might Bite will not stay BDM needs a bog there are no young pretenders it currently seems.

Might Bite will not stay???? What do you base that on?

If anyone knew what i posted recently in criptic form about Harrington you would never in a million years back Sizing John.I put up the winner at nice odds and backed him accordingly also did Outlander in a 100 s/f .If Harrington can[make peace]then Sizing John will win the Gold cup but none of the front five will win in March.We know my able friend Might Bite will not stay BDM needs a bog there are no young pretenders it currently seems.

This is cryptic enough for me. What are you trying to say about Harrington?

• Advertisement

BoroMan32 wrote: »
    Gold Cup looks wide open.

Sizing John wasn't himself today but you can pick holes in his form with Djakadam/Coneygree etc looking finished.

Yorkhill isn't one to give up on. Paul Townend isn't the man for him, he couldn't handle him in Aintree and he took off again today. Drop back in trip with Ruby up looks the likely play though.

Yorkhill had a number of howlers last year before getting it together impressively at Cheltenham. So I'll keep him in mind for whatever race he goes for

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

"Sizing John has been found to be clinically abnormal post race..." according to the @3furlongsout Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Mr321

All out to beat balko de flos is never in a million years gold Cup form, that race will mean nothing come march

Well see, he's an underrated horse who's improving everytime. Ground won't be an issue for him and Cheltenham may even go better on good. My money will be on him if he shows up.

Yorkhills jumping today started out reasonable for first time out and his reputation but sure enough he started back to the jumping sideways. Be surprised if he goes to the GC.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Don't think Might Byte backers will be too worried after today.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭antietam

dk6dk6 wrote: »
    Never been wrong,ever.

• Advertisement

dk6dk6 wrote: »
    Putting up Might Bite at 50/1 to win 2017 King George when falling last year in novice 12 lgt faster than Thistlecrack.He cannot stay on a hill over 3f further.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Mr321

And the fact he likes to go on out in front and burn himself up a but will not help when he meets that hill. Would like to see him held up a bit if possible but your right the hill at Cheltenham 3m and whatever bit will be trouble

Pay attenion to my posts or listen to ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

5 of the first 6 home giggy must be delighted with their gold cup squad for 2018

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭dk6dk6

Never been wrong,ever.

Didn't you say you'd never post again if a certain horse didn't win at Cheltenham earlier this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

"Sizing John has been found to be clinically abnormal post race..." according to the @3furlongsout Twitter.

Seen that on the Racingpost. Anyone know what that means?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Seen that on the Racingpost. Anyone know what that means?

"The report said there was a clinical abnormality," said Harrington. "He's sound now and his heart was OK. Basically he got slight hyperthermia and he got too hot.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/horse-racing/jessica-harrington-to-carry-out-tests-on-distressed-sizing-john-following-belowpar-effort-36443026.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Putting up Might Bite at 50/1 to win 2017 King George when falling last year in novice 12 lgt faster than Thistlecrack.He cannot stay on a hill over 3f further.

Link please...

Did you miss the RSA this year?

Advertisement