Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thursday 28 December

Options
  • 27-12-2017 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭

Day 3 if the Christmas festivals. Post the fancies here!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭antietam

Young Wolf 10/1 in the bumper is a well bred son of Vinnie Roe and if Mags Mullins has him ready he will take a lot of beating.Road To Respect 14/1 is a brilliant jumper and with headgear now fitted he will play a big part.Oscar Sam 25/1 certainly has the ability to win but stable woefully out of form.A very nice 4,290/1 treble.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Mr321

Road To Respect in the 3pm Leop

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭handsfree2

I backed supasundae on the back of the Katie Harrington interview on FFP. Hopefully he can do the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

handsfree2 wrote: »
    I backed supasundae on the back of the Katie Harrington interview on FFP. Hopefully he can do the business.

What did she say

Gringo180 wrote: »
    What did she say

I can't remember the exact quote but it was something along the lines that Robbie hopped off him after a recent piece of work and said he wouldn't want to be on anything else in the race.

She had told a story beforehand about Robbie hopping of sizing John after a piece of work before the GC last year and saying that he was definitely going to win it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Zarkandar

Leopardstown holding precautionary inspection at 7.30am tomorrow morning. Gonna be cold tonight.

That 1.50 at Leopardstown tomorrow is an appalling race. Hard to fathom why these type of races are thrown in on such a good card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

I fear the worst for Leopardstown tomorrow, will be frozen solid at 7.30 am.

Imagine Sizing John was trained by Mullins he would be at least 1/2. Best 3 mile chaser in training.

I fear the worst for Leopardstown tomorrow, will be frozen solid at 7.30 am.

Hopefully the frost covers do their job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

She had told a story beforehand about Robbie hopping of sizing John after a piece of work before the GC last year and saying that he was definitely going to win it.

Think she said that Robbie said it was a cert when stepping up over 3 miles rather than cert to win gold cup :)

BumperD wrote: »
    Think she said that Robbie said it was a cert when stepping up over 3 miles rather than cert to win gold cup :)

Ah yes, your right. Hopefully the result will be the same 😋.

Ah yes, your right. Hopefully the result will be the same ��.

I wouldn’t bet against him that’s for sure :)

I hope to god Leopardstown goes ahead

I only see -1 tonight Dublin hardly cancellation territory?

What did she say

Better ground is the serious key to him, I really really think he's going to throw the gauntlet down up there at leopardstown at Christmas...... Robert worked him yesterday and he said he'd never felt him so good EVER. So we're really really looking forward to him.

Big time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

That 1.50 at Leopardstown tomorrow is an appalling race. Hard to fathom why these type of races are thrown in on such a good card.

Just another example of "padding" a racecard out / festival out for the extra day

Same as Cheltenham going from 3 days to 4 days for me

At least Leopardstown & Punchestown have decent bumpers to pad it out and the racegoers can enjoy it rather than be made to look like cash cows

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭piplip87

Supasundae
    Yorkhill, Apples Jade, Milsean, Dolciano Dici lucky 15.

Sizing John Nicholas Canyon doubled too

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭dk6dk6

Zarkandar wrote: »
    Leopardstown holding precautionary inspection at 7.30am tomorrow morning. Gonna be cold tonight.

It is cold tonight. Fingers crossed.

piplip87 wrote: »
    Supasundae
    Yorkhill, Apples Jade, Milsean, Dolciano Dici lucky 15.

Sizing John Nicholas Canyon doubled too

Horses in same races???? Can't be much profit to be made there.

• Advertisement

I only see -1 tonight Dublin hardly cancellation territory?

Feels a lot colder than minus 1 and everything frozen solid where I am in Dublin currently.

Read about freezing fog maybe that making it feel colder than it is I hope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Urindanger

Flawless Escape, Supasundae, Djakadam. E/W treble for lols.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

3cm of snow expected too - also bear in mind the racecourses are fairly exposed so it may be -1 reading but in exposes areas it's a lot colder (I was out at Sandymount Strand at 8.30pm and it was much colder than where I am now in the City Centre).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Racing is on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭munster87

Racing is on

Yesss!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Mount Hanover in the 12.50 for me today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭WickIow Brave

Leop 3:00 Outlander e/w 16/1

Obviously be having the lot on Yorkhill at Cheltenham but I feel he might just be out for a spin today teaching him to behave. Don't like this drift. If he goes out to a stupid price I'll have to back him today though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

how far will jade win by?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Daybreak Boy, Apples Jade, Sizing John, Sutton Place

Dunno why but I am getting a feeling about Edwulf in the big one so having a small ew, on all known form he should be battered but I thought that of Synchronised

Money about for Sweet Company sow ill have a few quid and Mags Mullins has Katie booked for Young Wolf so going to have a few quid

Advertisement