Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuesday 26th

Options
  • 25-12-2017 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭

Let the fun begin!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

I know it’s been said many times, many ways but there is a lot of racing on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

BumperD wrote: »
    I know it’s been said many times, many ways but there is a lot of racing on :D
    Beavau 1/6
    Might bite in or around evens
    The French hurdler in leopardstown 1/3
    Footpad 5/6

Very little value there. But.... Thistlecrack @ 15/2.....that's the value. Have it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Is death duty an excellent bet? Winter horse, might need further tho?

Two for me tomorrow. Itsafreebe cost me quite a few quid in March at the festival. Runs in lowly fontwell tomorrow 10/1. At wolves double up is another who has cost me in the past but I’m willing to give him a go on the sand 7/2.

My last 5 selections have ended up as follows, dead, ur, beaten fav, beaten fav , , ur ......
    GL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Urindanger

A Thistlecrack win would be great. God I love that horse. I've an awful feeling though. Good support for BDM and Whisper.

Footpad vs Death Duty is going to be class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I heard Debuchet did an unreal piece of work not too long ago. Should be an odds on shot on bumper form and would be about 1/3 if trained by Willie Mullins. My only bet of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Is death duty an excellent bet? Winter horse, might need further tho?

Definitely wants further, Footpad should have too many gears for him tomorrow. Death Duty for the JLT I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Johner wrote: »
    Definitely wants further, Footpad should have too many gears for him tomorrow. Death Duty for the JLT I'd imagine.

I'd agree But Ain't a half bad field. Footpad hasn't done a whole lot to justify the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Bobbys diamond in chase hcap at leop for me.
    Also Joseph's in the juve hurdle e/w

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Avenir dun vie could be very important in the Novice chase. Think he could set it up to suit Death duty.
    2 nice e/w beta for me tomorrow are Touch kick in the handicap chase,progressive over fences and plenty more to come as long as he straightens up his jumping after jumping left at a few last time and Doesyour dog bite in the handicap hurdle, down to a workable mark(below winning mark in this race last year) been out of form but every chance Johnjo has had 1 eye on this for a while.

• Advertisement

Johner wrote: »
    I heard Debuchet did an unreal piece of work not too long ago. Should be an odds on shot on bumper form and would be about 1/3 if trained by Willie Mullins. My only bet of the day.

Im not too sure...Mags didnt strike me as being overly confident in the Irish Field and https://www.irishracing.com/news?headline=Exciting-Debuchet-One-To-Watch-On-Hurdles-Debut&prid=188114

With the Mullins newcomer in it and Manamite who should have improved for his first run...its a watching brief for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭piplip87

Leaning towards whisper in King George. Will also do my annual accumulator. Pick 10 or 11 short priced favourites and bang a 5er ew on it. Rain forecast at Kempton so the ante post lump on BDM may pay off

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Some money for McKiernans horse in the Leopardstown bumper, Gallant John Joe.. 4th in the Goffs Land Rover

14's into 5's with Powers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Might bite is most likely winner, don’t think thistlecrack will be sighted.
    Interested in fox norton as I taught his most impressive win was eased down when upped to 2 mile 4 and if he gets the trip he should be involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Some money for McKiernans horse in the Leopardstown bumper, Gallant John Joe.. 4th in the Goffs Land Rover

14's into 5's with Powers

Looks a hot bumper. The o Brien horse is meant to be a fair animal and Kate Harrington was talking up her mount on the Final furlong podcast a week or 2 back so id say one to sit back and take notes from rather than punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Death duty a possible non runner

Footpad is still available at 5/6 at the minute

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Death duty a possible non runner

Footpad is still available at 5/6 at the minute

Massive rule 4 if non runner

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

BumperD wrote: »
    Massive rule 4 if non runner

Still a rule 4 if the night before?

Never mind the there would be. Backed footpad earlier today though but think it after the 24hr devs so looks like a big rule 4

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Matt Chapman tweeted that Death Duty was a NR now and could Davy Russell get to Kempton and ride Whisper???

He's since deleted the tweet

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭antietam

Based on last years King George it was a terrible race based on time figures and subsequent performances by beaten horses it would be a total shock to me if the seriously overrated Thistlecrack could be mapped.The ratings after that race by Smith have proved to be complete and utter rubbish.Imo the best performance by any horse ive seen this year is We Have A Dream a monster and 16/1 was a serious play.This horse has absolutely everything,big time.Im definitely mellowing maybe its listning to Pattie Page "Changing of the Guards" on surround or a present "the very long street" rather than "James Longstreet".Hope everyone wins a fortune going forward and serious good luck to you and your loved ones for years to come,Stephen

• Advertisement

Matt Chapman tweeted that Death Duty was a NR now and could Davy Russell get to Kempton and ride Whisper???

He's since deleted the tweet

Zero chance that Russell rides Whisper

Henderson 1-2 King George?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,295 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Just a suggestion with so much racing on today

It would be a great help if the horse's name, meeting and time could be posted as it would be so much easier to follow

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

Got stong word 4 golden jewel in the 1 50 leop. 6/1 have had a cut

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

One I’m giving a chance today is Dysios at around 11 in Leop 2.55. Could turn out that Landofhopeandglory is very well handicapped but remains to be seen whether fences are his game yet.

Dysios is a bit of an old stager now but best of his form is decent and chase form around Leop reads 12122 so seems to like it well enough here. Been running over sticks of late, so looks as if this has been in mind for a while.

Otherwise just a small treble for interest:
    Gilgamboa in hunter chase 1.10 D Royal
    Might Bite King George
    Mullins in bumper Leop

• Registered Users Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Got word for hearts are trump’s 2.15 down royal last night. Into 6s from 14s this morning

Got word for hearts are trump’s 2.15 down royal last night. Into 6s from 14s this morning

Gary O Brien atr also put it up

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

really like bristol de mai esp the 11/8 two places although it's hard to
    ignore a horse as consistent as whisper.
    I'm convinced thistlecrack won't be competitive here at all

jj walsh horses ladyinlavendar & showers cross 12.35/13.40 limerick have been smashed up - double figures into 4 & 3/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Money back as free bet if Might bite wins. Paddys 20 max bet

Advertisement