Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone miss the recession ?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Good thread, I've a mortgage but aim to pay a bit off it every so often rather than upgrading my 10+ year car.

Going back to my teens I was lucky to get a euro to go for a few wedges during school and we had very little money. Think it has stood to me since, rather have savings over debt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Jobs OXO

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Good thread, I've a mortgage but aim to pay a bit off it every so often rather than upgrading my 10+ year car.

Going back to my teens I was lucky to get a euro to go for a few wedges during school and we had very little money. Think it has stood to me since, rather have savings over debt.

You paid for wedgies at school ??? V odd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Max Prophet

It's amazing how quickly things changed and then changed back. I recall around 2010/2011 finding a 50 euro note in a wallet I forgot about and being overjoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

It's amazing how quickly things changed and then changed back. I recall around 2010/2011 finding a 50 euro note in a wallet I forgot about and being overjoyed.

And now what? You laugh at it and use it as toilet paper?

bear1 wrote: »
    And now what? You laugh at it and use it as toilet paper?

Well a bitcoin investment I made a few years back would allow me to do that if I choose but I can't see a 50 euro note being hygienic or comforting to the anus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭vandriver

The mad cheap restaurant deals have well and truly dried up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Well a bitcoin investment I made a few years back would allow me to do that if I choose but I can't see a 50 euro note being hygienic or comforting to the anus.

Nah you really need the 100e for the anus, I'm ****ting money.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Oh, go on, do tell us all how many million you made but still have time to waste posting on Boards. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

The m50 was a dream.

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Oh, go on, do tell us all how many million you made but still have time to waste posting on Boards. :rolleyes:

Oh I didn't "make it" I just got lucky that someone transferred some bitcoin for some freelance work I did a few years back that I have been cashing in last year.

And yeah I guess I have a lot of time to waste....

• Advertisement

The m50 was a dream.
    In 2011 it was possible to drive from Palmerstown to Clonshaugh in under 30 minutes at 7AM via the city centre!
    Saved a fortune on tolls.

Ad on the radio today for facelifts and lip enhancements starting at only €200 !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Remember seeing George Lee sitting in the news studio and you knew we were in for it.

Advertisement