Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting threads locked if they aren't left wing

Options
  • 20-12-2017 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭

Why? Happened tonight for my homelessness thread
    So much for tolerance and acceptance. But I forgot tolerance is only ok once you agree with a certain agenda.

All I tried to raise was why do we only see Irish homeless and why are so many foreigners on hosuing list?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

That thread was deleted to save you from embarrassment due to your lack of knowledge on world affairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭BowSideChamp

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=97062482&postcount=251

Just be glad they drained some of the swamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Stephen Hawkins football boots

Ah so I'm right because a thread doesn't fit your views I'm wrong.Pathetic

I never mentioned liberal or conservative

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Threadlocking wingnuts is an absurd idea. I've never even heard of left threading wingnuts. Just get a mechanic to sort it and save yourself the trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

Stephen Hawkins is a legend.
    I hope all your threads are locked.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭Maggie Marie

Where is the cranky lad to say hi?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Virtue signalling, libtard, cuck, regressive leftist, cultural Marxist, SJW's. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Il Fascista

Trump is a great man!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

Debate in Ireland is over because certain people dont like to hear outside their eco chambers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Boards leans ever so slightly left. Welcome to the real world!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭DontThankMe

Trump is a great man!!

Trump 2020

Are Am Eye wrote: »
    Stephen Hawkins is a legend.
    I hope all your threads are locked.

Thanks will do my best

You were making factually incorrect statements about the Syrian Civil War and claiming it was over. That's not "my views", that's fact.

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    You were making factually incorrect statements about the Syrian Civil War and claiming it was over. That's not "my views", that's fact.

It's the view of military who actually fought there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Noveight wrote: »

That should in no way effect how the site is run or moderated, which is a fairly basic tenet of how internet forums are supposed to operate and always has been. Boards has been hit and miss with this for a number of years.

It's the view of military who actually fought there.

What the hell are you on about?

Do you know what the civil war is about and who the opposing sides are?

I get the impression you think the civil war is Syria vs ISIS. Which is hilarious.

That should in no way effect how the site is run or moderated, which is a fairly basic tenet of how internet forums are supposed to operate and always has been. Boards has been hit and miss with this for a number of years.

Mainly miss. There are the usual people who enter a thread about immigration/migrants etc call everyone a racist untill someone responds then they report the post to the Mods & get the person banned & the thread closed.
    Its usually the same mods as well involved

I raised some genuine questions which boards felt shouldn't be answered and my thread was locked.I feel this happened as the obvious answers to my legit simple questions didn't suit boards.Proves that the tolerant left arent so open to ideas that don't fit their narrative .Anyway happy Christmas to you all.I hope that me wishing happy Christmas didn't offend.��

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Noveight wrote: »

Does it really though? Boards has a rep for being left wing but I'd love to see how many threads are created by 'left wing' versus 'right wing' people. So many threads are just 'look at this article about travellers/sjws/immigrants doing something bad' and there's rarely the opposite

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The problem isn't left wing/right wing per se rather it's the nutter element, who tend to be people who propagate views that one associates with the right since Trumpton came to prominence. The nuts have been descending onto boards like falling leaves in Autumn and obviously they are overwhelmingly of the right/nationalist persuasion as they think their time has come.

Whether it has is another matter, a couple of years this could all be chip wrapper.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭smokingman

Help!!!! wrote: »
    Debate in Ireland is over because certain people dont like to hear outside their eco chambers

Certain people (most) don't like to listen or give heed to nazis ranting on while masterbating to pictures of dead bodies but hey....you just keep calling it an echo chamber there pet.

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    What the hell are you on about?

Do you know what the civil war is about and who the opposing sides are?

I get the impression you think the civil war is Syria vs ISIS. Which is hilarious.

Of course I know what the war was about FSA v Syrian army (originally) but it morphed into Isis v Syrian Army. The FSA were bit players

The problem isn't left wing/right wing per se rather it's the nutter element who tend to be people who propagate views that one associates with the right. Since Trumpton came to prominence the nuts have been descending onto boards like falling leaves in Autumn and obviously they are overwhelmingly of the right/nationalist persuasion as they think their time has come.

And there are the usual suspects who come on to those threads calling racist/nazi etc to wind people up so they can report them

smokingman wrote: »
    Certain people (most) don't like to listen or give heed to nazis ranting on while masterbating to pictures of dead bodies but hey....you just keep calling it an echo chamber there pet.

And there u go the nazi word

Consistent....well done

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Does it really though? Boards has a rep for being left wing but I'd love to see how many threads are created by 'left wing' versus 'right wing' people. So many threads are just 'look at this article about travellers/sjws/immigrants doing something bad' and there's rarely the opposite

Boards' staff leans left wing - as evidenced by the fact that the threads you mention routinely get locked, whereas left-sympathetic ones far less so.

Boards in general is ridiculously over-moderated, but the political bias is particularly irritating. It seems that Boards operates on a repeating cycle of "moderation gets progressively worse, eventually there's a user uproar over it and mods agree to cool the jets a bit, this happens, then moderation slowly begins to get progressively worse again after a brief hiatus. Repeat."

The lockdown of the Feedback forum is evidence enough of this. The Feedback forum was decimated because so many users were pissed off at the level of micromanagement involved in discussions here, so rather than actually address it, the powers that be decided to simply make it harder for people to object publicly. The Politics Cafe forum was made invite-only and essentially neutered as a "compromise" instead of just letting people have their discussions and only moderating posts which actually broke the rules, as opposed to the vague and unquantifiable "this is getting out of hand" metric mods tend to use here, even when no specific rules are actually being broken.

Boards isn't going to change, but it remains the only Irish forum for general discussion, hence we just grumble periodically and collectively decide that overly censored forum-based discussion of Irish life is better than none at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

This sort of comment is exactly why threads get locked. The issue is that people on the extremes tend to drown out more moderate posters with wild accusations and "colourful" language, like the quote above.
    The moderate posters just get sick of this and leave, resulting in a sh*tstorm that inevitably gets locked. If people could behave like adults and hold a rational conversation things would be fine.
    You also get the Daily Mail numpties who haven't a clue, but think their opinion is just as valid as everyone else. The dimmest lightbulbs pop the loudest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

It might have to do with the fact that your other post was ignorant?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭smokingman

And there u go the nazi word

....there is a less discrptive word to describe trump-loving, foreigner hating, supremecist views?.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement