Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After Hours is over 18 years going

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

I remember when I joined boards I was just 15. I made my very first thread (on a different account) about some fairly innocent topic, I think it was about if irish should be dropped from the LC. Anyway, I wasn't used to the tone of online discussions. I was absolutely shocked by how 'aggressive' replies were, and tbh hurt. They were not aggressive by todays online standards at all I simply not used to strangers speaking like that to me at all and so was very shocked! As people are just so much nicer offline. People will just never reply to a simple question or topic in real life in the curt or sarcastic ways that are just the norm online. I replied with such nastiness , personally attacking the posters as I believed they were personally insulting me in their replies (they weren't lol), and I got a warning from a mod.

Think that sums up just how different people are online to real life !

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Vex Willems

I remember this place was just fields back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Hey After Hours is 18.

quagmire_fox.jpg

Advertisement