Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blocking people online/apps

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

I blocked a few spammers on Facebook over the years, mostly the ones who hijack groups I'm in with feckin ads. Forever Aloe, Scentsy, Juice Plus all get the block treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Never blocked anyone, have deleted a few numbers cos reckon some I will never speak to again.

Some, it's a pity it came to it tbh, others I'm not bothered about!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

I unfriend people who clutter up my feed with stuff that isn’t interesting to me, but I’ve only ever blocked a family member and her husband after a terrible row.
    All sorted out now.

Don't use Facebook much, Snapchat is s pox, Twitter is silly, Instagram is just like Facebook only with just photos, and I can't be added with others. So, no.

It's funny; I used to use them a lot until I started using it in a professional environment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Once an eager Google+ promoter, I now regard the place as an utter hole. It has become the pits, so I left it. My point is that I was blocking other G+ users left, right and centre before I left. Musicians, artists and other notable Irish people have left g+ too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

Life’s to short to pander to bull.

Hateful people are eliminated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Don Kiddick

What?! You mean the while 7 of ye left?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭TheDavester

Blocked a few annoying girls on fb for keep putting up silly ‘motivation’ posts or annoying vague posts clearly looking for attention and one or two who became jackasses to me and my friends

And one who I went to college with, went the 3rd wave feminist route by constantly whinging about ‘injustices’ she supposedly faced and she jumped on th ‘me too ‘ bandwagon (don’t want to get too specific but it was a stretch to fall under it) but knowing her she always cane off as a bit of a trend hopper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭TheDavester

And blocked on fb a few ones who were gym heads who had 30 posts a day of their gym routine - what they are eating and linking dubious stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Facebook posts and status updates and likes and “please shares”.
    I was lucky in thatcfrom the start I didn’t join in because I’m not a “joiner inner” by nature.
    But I know of countless little spats, all among women, over Aoifes failure to like Chloe’s 78 pictures of the little angles taken today in MacDonalds at 5.30pm
    Apparently Aoife is jealous of Chloes life cos she doesn’t have any angles.
    Considering Aoife only just finished liking the 93 pictures taken the day before ofvthe angles eating big bag of sweeties while watching the LL Toy Show, that seems a bit unfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Never a blocker nor a blockie be.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

Endaaaagh wrote: »
    I block any "like this page and share to win something" page on Facebook that pops up on my feed because someone shared it. I've a feeling most of these are bogus and are just the companies looking for free advertisement. It was especially noticeable around the all Ireland hurling final where every second page for a grocery store/farm supplies/plumber..etc.. seemed to have 2 tickets to give away.

A load of frends still like +share everything off that Liberal pox. How can people be so thick?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Best thing you can do is put down the phone or laptop and have a look around.

Real life is happening, whatever bullshít that's online ends when you pull the plug on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭JackTaylorFan

I've blocked my brother on all social media for sending me links to American far right Christian based "Science" journals

Advertisement