Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

12 pubs

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Nokotan wrote: »
    Some of the rules are fun, usually harmless. 

We had one that you'd to kiss one of the other lads in the group on the cheek before having a drink.

Between pubs someone would shout "Shark" everyone would have to get their feet off of the ground (jumping on to a wall etc.).

Using someone's first name instead of their nickname. The penalty was having to do a shot but for the most part it wasn't enforced particularly strongly. 

Silly stuff but it was fun and sure what's wrong with fun?

There's fun and there's "organised fun" that's my issue with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Nokotan wrote: »

Between pubs someone would shout "Shark" everyone would have to get their feet off of the ground (jumping on to a wall etc.).

Oh God I'd sooner put my head in a deep fryer than go out drinking with ye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Majority I attended were fine, but one year a lad took it on himself to print out a rule sheet... One of the rules that stands out "1 pi$$ per pub". Get to fuk! He wasn't long being told where to stick it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

c_man wrote: »
    Majority I attended were fine, but one year a lad took it on himself to print out a rule sheet... One of the rules that stands out "1 pi$$ per pub". Get to fuk! He wasn't long being told where to stick it!

F*ckin' rules on a sheet for an evening in the pub. What a shower of bellends. Honest to God when did people turn into such eejits.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Used to wreck my head when they walked into a pub I was working in. The group is there for one round, but that doesn't stop a few of them coming up looking for free shots cos there's x amount of them and because they've brought x amount of people to the pub they should all be given a free shot. They tend to forget that they are only there for one drink usually before fecking off to the next pub.

Guys if you're doing the 12 pubs this year just please don't bring fecking whistles and demand free drinks. Enjoy yourself tho. Most groups are fine and the groups that are not fine, it's usually a small minority that are loud and annoying as ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Yawns wrote: »
    Used to wreck my head when they walked into a pub I was working in. The group is there for one round, but that doesn't stop a few of them coming up looking for free shots cos there's x amount of them and because they've brought x amount of people to the pub they should all be given a free shot. They tend to forget that they are only there for one drink usually before fecking off to the next pub.

Guys if you're doing the 12 pubs this year just please don't bring fecking whistles and demand free drinks. Enjoy yourself tho. Most groups are fine and the groups that are not fine, it's usually a small minority that are loud and annoying as ****.

Yes please respect all the establishments that you visit and remember to be courteous to the local clientele as many of them don't want you there but are willing to put up with you for a brief period of time.

Do not end up like the boy I referenced in my previous post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

12 units of alcohol is a lot for people to take and this knocking it back quickly doesn't help.

12 units of alcohol is a lot for people to take and this knocking it back quickly doesn't help.

It's about 26 units if you're having a pint in each pub. I did it once when I was 22 and I was battered beyond belief. I don't know is it the fresh air or what that does it but it starts to get pretty messy two-thirds of the way in.

Did this Saturday night, Made it to 7 and went home to watch MOTD

I'm so old...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

First did a 12 pubs in Cork in 2006, but there was none of this christmas jumpers or rules etc. It was simply 1 alcoholic drink in each pub and that was it.

FTA69 wrote: »
    It's about 26 units if you're having a pint in each pub. I did it once when I was 22 and I was battered beyond belief. I don't know is it the fresh air or what that does it but it starts to get pretty messy two-thirds of the way in.

26 units!!!! That couldn't be good mentally or physically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,477 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

26 units!!!! That couldn't be good mentally or physically.

Bloody lightweights..

pintmen.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

The state of Paddy Losty.

Patww79 wrote: »
    Mentally :D

So long as you're not forcing it on anyone else and just drinking it yourself.

Well it does affect people's mood and behaviour.

Bloody lightweights..

pintmen.jpg

Ain't nothing lightweight about me.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,753 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Bloody lightweights..

pintmen.jpg

Pintbaby's Pintdaddy?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,477 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Pintbaby's Pintdaddy?

Scienticians are still working on that.

Advertisement