Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smug S*****

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭Motivator

vicwatson wrote: »
    Anyone said that gob****e Alan Shearer yet, the head on him, grrrr

Shearer isn’t smug, he’s just miserable. I’ve met him a couple of times and he’s so boring and robot like. Completely void of any personality whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭Motivator

jopax wrote: »
    Saw shefflin on the late late, & he came across as very genuine, don't think he's arrogant at all.

Seeing him on the Late Late with his plastic bag of a wife drove me mad.

He’s as smug as they come.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

Matthew Mcconaughey.

He even thanked himself during his Oscar speech.

Still can't bring myself to watch Interstellar simply because of him.

Transcript of his speech:

And to my hero. That’s who I chase. Now when I was 15 years old, I had a very important person in my life come to me and say “who’s your hero?” And I said, “I don’t know, I gotta think about that. Give me a couple of weeks.” I come back two weeks later, this person comes up and says “who’s your hero?” I said, “I thought about it. You know who it is? It’s me in 10 years.” So I turned 25. Ten years later, that same person comes to me and says, “So, are you a hero?” And I was like, “not even close. No, no, no.” She said, “Why?” I said, “Because my hero’s me at 35.” So you see every day, every week, every month and every year of my life, my hero’s always 10 years away. I’m never gonna be my hero. I’m not gonna attain that. I know I’m not, and that’s just fine with me because that keeps me with somebody to keep on chasing.

So, to any of us, whatever those things are, whatever it is we look up to, whatever it is we look forward to, and whoever it is we’re chasing, to that I say, “Amen.” To that I say, “Alright, alright, alright.” To that I say “just keep living.” Thank you.

*farts then bends over to sniff it with smug self satisfaction*

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭jopax

Motivator wrote: »
    Seeing him on the Late Late with his plastic bag of a wife drove me mad.

He’s as smug as they come.

I thought when he was speaking about his child and the accident he came across as modest, maybe because he was speaking of his child. I didn't take any notice of the plastic bag.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 492 ✭✭Gerrup Outta Dat!

Gay Byrne

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,112 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Ricky Gervais
    Miley Cyrus

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

Robert Downey Junior. It's like he has yet to break from his Tony Stark character persona in real life.
    Constantly speaking in a sarcastic, condescending tone of voice. Can't stand him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Trekker09

Liam Brady

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Roy Keane

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭vinegarhill98

Martin Freeman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭TheDavester

So sue me blog wan - pretty pathetic she got laywers on a satire site after taking the piss out of her cropping. and her followers are like the psychopaths who follow beyonce/kardashians religiously

oh and after a period of "popularity from the "u ok hun" brigade, any fashion/beauty/lifestyle blogger....all rapidly get up their own arse after a modicum of popularity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

quintana76 wrote: »
    You are allowing sympathy with his views and agenda to cloud your vision of his most obvious personality traits. This is not about politics but personality. Step away for a moment.

No. I've met him three times. Many friends have too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

denismc wrote: »
    Everyone in RTE.

Bit harsh. The ladies in the canteen are lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭gadgiemagoo

Nigella Lawson

• Registered Users Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

How has no-one mentioned the Happy Pear twins yet?

Oh look at us. Up bright and early every morning for a swim in the sea. Being a vegetarian rocks. We have a restaurant in one of the most affluent parts of the country. Nah na na na na. We are better than you and you know it.

Something kind of off-putting by their closeness too, the blind-looking dicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

That absolute príck in the McDonnell's Curry ads - "Chips Curry" me arse

• Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

Eoin Ó Broin, the SF TD who wears those Harry Potter style glasses. Guy is in danger of exploding from self-importance.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Louise O Neill and her string of sycophantic circle jerking Twitter followers.

Advertisement