Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daughter to sprinkle mother's ashes on turkey and pudding dinner.

Options
  • 17-12-2017 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭

Grieving Debra Parsons will have her mum Doreen for Christmas dinner this year – by scattering her ashes on the turkey then tucking in.

And for dessert she’ll enjoy Christmas Pud...with a dusting of her mum’s last remains too.

Debra, 41, has felt the urge to EAT Doreen’s ashes since she died in May and has had a small
    spoonful most days to feel “as close as possible” to her.

But as she faces Christmas without her, the craving has become even stronger.

“It is the only thing that will get me through my first Christmas without mum,” said Debra.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/i-eat-mum-christmas-day-11706456

Goodness me thats awfully sad, she needs bereavement counselling.

Comments

That poor girl is unhinged with grief and needs attention. The first thing she needs to do is either bury or scatter those ashes so the compulsion to eat them is dispelled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

It looks like she would eat anything, the size of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

diomed wrote: »

That’s a bit mean Scrooge

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

She needs therapy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭9or10

Candie wrote: »
    That poor girl is unhinged with grief and needs attention. The first thing she needs to do is either bury or scatter those ashes so the compulsion to eat them is dispelled.

Yep tragic - the last thing she needs is an help from the much admired press corps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

And to think I used to jest my mother would cremate Christmas dinner..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

Very Carl Jung

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

The clue is in the picture .... Christmas crackers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭s15r330

Can you pass the ashes please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

The poor woman is clearly in need of some psychological help.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭cbreeze

She needs attention. She's having Christmas early to judge by the tree, identically wrapped parcels and pre-prepared food. Is she going to snort a line of Mum for afters!

Pang wrote: »
    The poor woman is clearly in need of some psychological help.

Maybe she's just eccentric and tasteless. Does everything have to be a mental illness all of a sudden.
    Also while somewhat unusual, her actions are legal, of no harm to anyone else and also nobodies business but her own.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Would she not just be better flushing the ashes down the jack's ,
    Rather than ingesting her poor mother's ashes and ****ting then out and flushing them to their final resting place

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Savage93

I'd say she's sorry she cremated the mother, there would have been a lot more atin' in her uncremated:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

It's gives the phrase "eating" your mother in law a whole new meaning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

That’s a bit mean Scrooge

The amount of vitriol that passes under the radar on AH, but you slag off one fatty and you're the worst in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

The Amazon has more reliable sources than that toilet paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Bleagh. I find turkey very dry at the best of times.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Turns out that human ashes are only about 2% salt, would have thought there'd have been more.

If people did this repeatedly then there'd be a bioaccumulation of heavy metals, which would not be a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Well she is eating dust.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

I feel sorry for her, she needs professional help, not publicity. The tabloids just threw her to the lions. Anything for clicks, zero empathy from that lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

It's a bit disturbing . I'd like to invite her to mid-night mass and join with me in eating something with flesh and blood ,ashes should only be rubbed on the forehead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

How exactly did the 'newspaper' hear about this story? She must have phoned or emailed them which means she thinks it would make a good story. Or in other words she's making the whole thing up for some extra money for Christmas.

She talks about it as if it's the most natural thing in the world. If that was really how she felt she'd just go ahead and do it without contacting The Mirror.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,010 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

She doesnt need therapy ot counselling, she needs to go on the jeremy kyle show and do a 4 page spread with the s*n as well. Milk it for all its worth. Thats the chavvy way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Looks like she ate the rest of her family too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,321 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

" Mam, you burnt the turkey"

" No dear, I burnt Granny"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

lunatic

• Advertisement

Not sure how I'd feel knowing that a loved one was literally sh1tting me out after I passed.

Advertisement