Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you experience much snobbery in Waterford?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Hodger

I grew up on a council estate for a good number of years before my folks moved to a private estate. Having lived in a council estate and different private estates there are noticable differences like with a lot of things with pros and cons. I found on the council estate I lived there is more of sense of community everyone knows each more so compared to private estates I lived in where I found most people just really keep to themselves and know the nearby neighbour to say hello to at best. One big con about the council estate anti social behaviour a lot of it yes I know from lived experience most people living In the council estate were grand and only a small percentage causing trouble the thing is then and now there is no process or Avenue to remove and evict troublesome people from council estates and the area is unfortunately stuck with them vs non exist anti social behaviour on private estates I've lived. If I was to pick an area to live for raising a family from lived experience I'd pick a private estate yes there mightnt be a great sense of community but I'd pick an area for peace and quiet over somewhere with a lot of anti social behaviour anyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Rustyman101

Grew up on council estate as well, would agree 100% with your sentiments re neighbours & spirit, I knew everybody on the street and surrounds, living in a different area now, don't know too many here a good few years, have also experienced anti social behaviour as well.

Its not exclusive to council estates far from it and neither is the attitude my boy wouldn't do that !

Come across some right W*****s parents and offspring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

In the WIT music department they'd call you a musician.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Rustyman101

Well kid , I know what they would call you around here ! As regards WIT, considering your level of trolling and general commentary here l doubt you ever set foot in a 3rd level institute. Won't be engaging with you again on the basis of a tried and tested fact.

" Don't argue with an idiot they will bring you to their level and beat you with experience" goodbye....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭StevenToast

How could you be a snob coming from Waterford?

You live in Waterford?😂

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

Up around Hillview/Freshways must be the clique-iest part of the county.

Unless you're a native you'd be lucky to get a grunt off the locals.

Advertisement