Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW19 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

km79 wrote: »
    Aguero injury is the worry and why I’ll be wearing until Friday afternoon and Ignoring price changes in mean time
    Kane at home to a team they should beat well Stephens day
    Capataining him for all these type of games so far is part of the reason I’m in this mess !

Kane has 16, 2, 8, 12 and 2 points in his last 5 home games. I admit it’s a bit sh1t or champagne, but hardly the consistent captain fail he is sometimes portrayed as on here.

For comparison, Aguero last 5 home games has scored 7,8,2,2 and 1.

Kane is also a guaranteed 90 minutes, so no fear of a 57th minute substitution!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Benimar wrote: »
    Kane has 16, 2, 8, 12 and 2 points in his last 5 home games. I admit it’s a bit sh1t or champagne, but hardly the consistent captain fail he is sometimes portrayed as on here.

For comparison, Aguero last 5 home games has scored 7,8,2,2 and 1.

Kane is also a guaranteed 90 minutes, so no fear of a 57th minute substitution!

Kane has hit the woodwork 6 times too. Imagine all of those had snuck in? The thought of ditching him would be unthinkable.

He will inevitably get another big haul soon. I also fancy Burnley's luck to run out soon. They concede an awful lot of shots despite their defensive record, Kane shoots so much too. Feel like it could be set up for a game where regression to the mean comes into play and Kane bags a couple of goals

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Hhhmmmmmmmmmm

Another thing to keep in mind re: Kane's numbers.

Spurs haven't had a single penalty this year. Again, you've got to expect that that can't continue and the penalties (and goals for Spurs) will eventually come.

You have the player with highest shots per game (5.9), up against the team that have conceded most shots in the league (16.2).

I know Burnely defend deep and allow more shots from outside the box, but I still think Kane could score big against Burnely and I reckon I may well even captain him this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

Dilva to Sterling?

• Advertisement

carnie wrote: »
    Dilva to Sterling?

Would wait as long as possible for news, but it's sounding really unlikely for Dilva, so yeah sounds like a solid move

• Registered Users Posts: 9,650 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Hhhmmmmmmmmmm

My sentiments exactly....

I'm going to end up with flipping Scott Dann instead while Aguero scores 5 against Bournemouth :confused::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Only brought Lukaku in last week. Do I sell to get aguero in?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Hhhmmmmmmmmmm

I have both and am doing Shiite, Aguero is so head wrecking that I am thinking of transferring out my most in form player Rooney to get in Sterling to cover him.
    I have gleaned a lot of information from the wonderful, informative players on here, so to repay this I implore you all not to get Aguero in, even if he scores 6 on Saturday you will thank me for it later.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Irish Raven

would leave me up top with rooney wilson and murray,

any thoughts on taking out kane and young for de bryne and rooney.....

midfield of couts salah hazard richarilson and de bryne

so would be a 4 5 1 formation id be playing....currently have no city cover...

any thoughts peeps....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Roonbox

Roonbox wrote: »
    Jesus Out - Lukaku in
    Im keeping the faith on Morata for another week and I'm refusing to jump on the Rooney bandwagon

I don't think it's a bandwagon. He is a viable option for a forward and has been giving returns.
    True he has been scoring points the past few games.. I just dont see it lasting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭steve_r

any thoughts peeps....

Is wilson a good call? Still working his way back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

any thoughts on taking out kane and young for de bryne and rooney.....

would leave me up top with rooney wilson and murray,

midfield of couts salah hazard richarilson and de bryne

so would be a 4 5 1 formation id be playing....currently have no city cover...

I don't like the move for you. (I did Jesus and RLC to KDB and Quanar for a hit and don't have Kane.)

I'd Keep Kane at this stage assuming you are not using the Free Hit for DGW22 . He's a good captain pick in GW20 and of course DGW22. He has a confirmed blank yes but the rotation risk/chance of a blank, is there for KDB over this period too.

Transferring him out for the blank and back in for the double will suit many as hits will be considered for West Ham players too given their kind looking fixtures after the double if they show form.

Rooney is not a buy for me and the spread of funds across that new front three looks trouble.

any thoughts peeps....

Personally wouldn't bring in Rooney. His recent points haul has been heavily based on a recent glut of penalties awarded to Everton which isn't sustainable.

He is playing OOP in a bad way, and has some really tough upcoming fixtures.

If you have him already I can sure see why you wouldn't sell given recent returns, but now is not the time to bring him in imo.

I personally wouldn't take Kane out either (reasoning outlined above). Others feel differently and have valid points. If you go this way I would go for a cheaper City mid (Sane or Sterling) and go for Firmino up front which I imagine should be possible (haven't done the maths). I would take Firmino + Sane / Sterling vs KDB + Rooney over the next few matches.

Otherwise, if you keep Kane, Wilson still needs to go for sure - could you squeeze in Austin?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

After spending ages thinking my transfers this week were going to be De Bruyne & Austin for Kane/RLC but now I think I'll just do a straight swap for Aguero. Jesus played 120 mins yesterday and I think Aguero has a point to prove against Bournemouth. I'm not sure, could go either or.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,511 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Done Femenia to Kenny.

Plan is to also sort out Niasse and Tarkowski when his ban is confirmed all for a -4.

Niasse to Austin

Dann my preferred choice for Tarkowski.

Should sort the 'will I get 11 players on' for the coming weeks. Hopefully....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭scotchy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Is that Morata suspended for the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Yep. Welcome Charlie Austin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Yep. Welcome Charlie Austin

Glad I waited now. On in the 73rd minute. Gets the winning goal then suspended for over celebrating :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Think I'll go Aguero for Morata now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Morata RLC > Austin and KDB done (-4)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,252 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Kun or Rom or Austin for Morata for a -4 :( Decisions.........
    But it might sort out my armband dilemma ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

Morata suspension leads me to the warm embrace of Kun for a -4. And it feels good. 

Still have Kane too. This will be a bumper week or out of LMS disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

2 FTs this week.

Daniels > Masuaku
    Morata > Aguero

Dq0wMAC.jpg

If I go the aguero route I’ve to find .5 somwhere

Azpi out is the obvious one
    Maybe even for Christensen
    Leaves me cash in the back to upgrade zaha to Pogba or siggy midweek

Jeez evertons fixtures are not the best are they ........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Free hit played. Right now strikers are kun, firmino and austin. Think I'll stick with that, options are poor this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

Jeez evertons fixtures are not the best are they ........

Yeah West Brom and Bournemouth should be ok but other than that it's going to be tough for them til Feb.

I think I'll hold onto Rooney and Kenny till the new year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,222 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Pulled the trigger on

Surman > KDB
    Morata > Crouch

All for a -4

Needed to be done. Will captain KDB now at the weekend

Advertisement