Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday 16/12/17

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Global Stage could be interesting here, combination do well and trainer pulled his other one.

Last chance saloon for me, Ravyin Black in the 2:40 at Hereford 13/8 looks very big given the weight he has and the class of opponents he had been running against

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Shemale wrote: »
    ...... the usual The New One segment, ****ing hell imagine if he had won a Champion Hurdle.

I never understand how they choose these people's favourites and 'one of the most popular horses in training'. A load of codswallop.

As you say, what would they be coming out with if he'd won a couple of CH's like Hardy Eustace say?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

In fairness the brits haven’t really had a Hardy Eustace or hurricane fly to salivate over past few years so they simply latch on to the next best.

TNO might be tough to pass here but expect Melon to get the job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Danny really proving himself a good jock these past couple of years imo, though he would do well to steer Melon home today considering he’s riding at Fairyhouse!

U got me. Hands up. Quick scan this am pre work, saw D J Mullins and just presumed......
    in fairness, a fairly easy mistake to make with initials in my defence :o:o

• Advertisement

Having a really **** betting day but not sure what I have missed with this, Melon has plenty of hype but hasn't delivered to date, TNO is too slow for 2 miles and then you have My Tent who is a proven 2 miler getting weight and is the third favourite.

Finally, thought Geraghty panciked and went for him too early

No excuses there. Weight made the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Gregk961

Wow, what a race. The New One is some animal thought he was getting swarmed at the last but held off all but one.

U got me. Hands up. Quick scan this am pre work, saw D J Mullins and just presumed......
    in fairness, a fairly easy mistake to make with initials in my defence :o:o

In fairness wouldn’t take much just to print Danny and David on the race cards. If they didn’t have testacles, that’s how it would be ;-)

• Advertisement

Melon ran as if it might want a trip I thought. Stayers at some point perhaps.

Honestly believe Ruby/Townend would have won today on Melon
    Still willing to stick with this horse, its still plenty young/inexperienced

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Melon ran as if it might want a trip I thought. Stayers at some point perhaps.

I think the opposite. He will be suited by a much faster run race. but then so will mtoy.

Would still be backing My Tent off level weights against the other two on better ground in March.

Sego Success for a full recovery for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Strange race from melon. Should be suited with the other course too. His jumping looked slick and yes maybe a top jock would have got him home. A bit disappointed with how he took the hill.

Lot of money for Harringtons here, having a small interest

ah you would have to be happy for Nicky tho wouldnt you when you see the celebrations

In fairness wouldn’t take much just to print Danny and David on the race cards. If they didn’t have testacles, that’s how it would be ;-)

Some hack on ATR last week saying papers will never incl a (w) to indicate wind op as they....don't have the space in the paper.....
    I kid you not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭WickIow Brave

I wouldn't give up on Melon. He will be a champion one day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭WickIow Brave

Genuinely never realised Guitar Pete was a grey until today and I loved that horse as a juvenile.

I wouldn't give up on Melon. He will be a champion one day.

ya in hindsight, this is not the time of year for him from what we are told.
    Perhaps he will come on for this run in Cheltenham, whats his race this Spring tho? He wont be beating The Machine or Beaveau Dair any time soon

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭antietam

Very safe to say none of that field will be mapped in the champion hurdle.Melon will stay 2m on soft flat tracks as he could only beat Old Guard [149]1.5L when 4Lb well in against him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Martin Dwyer is a very experienced jockey so I highly doubt the ride he gave udogo in the last at wolves was a hard luck story.
    The horse broke well and was restrained off a slow pace and was keen at the back of the field which often happens I know but when he tried to make ground he waited until they started going around the bend into the straight and must of been 7 horses wide the whole way around it, I’ve seen apprentices do it numerous times but IMO he stopped the horse as he done everything possible to give him the least chance of winning.
    The horse is already well handicapped but they obviously want a few more pounds off before going for the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,120 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

I hate the whole ITV Racing presentation.It was way better on Channel 4 and BBC.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

x PyRo wrote: »
    Pastime proved very disappointing at Chelmsford a few weeks ago but had a far from ideal trip from a poor draw and was ridden handier than he would care for (I want to see him held up with cover here). Coming back to Newcastle's tapeta surface over the C&D of his impressive victory in June could spark him back to life and I think we'll see a much better performance this time around. At Wolverhampton, Dolphin Village is given another chance. He moved quite well over C&D last time out when we backed him and although he failed to finish the race off properly after trading as low as 5/2, today's contest represents another drop in grade. It's the first time he tackles Class 6 company and with Ben Curtis replacing an apprentice, it's worth playing the 11/1. Swift Emperor never got involved here a couple of weeks back but faced an uphill battle after missing the kick and didn't run horribly in the circumstances. Previous to that, he had run to a decent level on turf when second at York and fifth at Redcar, and a replication of either run would see him involved here. He has won on tapeta before and, indeed, won cosily off this mark (86) when last taking in a Class 4 race in March. Whether he's currently tuned to that level, I'm not sure, but if he is then he's seriously overpriced.

Newcastle:
    4:05 - Pastime - 1.50pts @ 6/1 (General)

Wolverhampton:
    7:45 - Dolphin Village - 1pt @ 11/1 (General)
    8:15 - Swift Emperor - 1.50pts @ 12/1 (General)

Great shooting

Advertisement