Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday 16/12/17

Options
  • 16-12-2017 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

4.05 bertiewhittle @ 12-1 e/w

I’ve followed this horse for a few seasons and he runs his best races on straight tracks over 7 f and today he gets that for the first time on the AW, he’s 0 from 16 on the AW but has run well numerous times, his running style wouldn’t suit most AW tracks anyway but at Newcastle its ideal.
    He ran well over 6 f here last time behind and impressive winner after starting slowly.
    Hopefully he breaks better today and he should be finishing faster than anything else.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Todays Double
    Both in Cheltenham

Movewiththetimes and Melon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

If melon can't win today they may as well not bother running him in the champion hurdle

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

The Brits all backing TNO, dont be surprised if he goes off Fav
    Danny on board is a little discouraging if i am honest but I trust Melon to do the job simply because he is the best horse in the race in 2017 (by some distance)
    I reckon if Melon stays up, it wins

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Danny on board is a little discouraging if i am honest but I trust Melon to do the job simply because he is the best horse in the race in 2017 (by some distance)

The New One should be about 4/6 on known form. Still i hope melon wins though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

aidankkk wrote: »
    The New One should be about 4/6 on known form. Still i hope melon wins though.

Shouldnt 5/2 on a 4/6 be a max bet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Mentallers backing Apples Shakira at that price, given the spring horse line we hear a lot about

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Mullins knows exactly what is needed to beat the new one and wouldn’t send melon over unless he knew melon was better than the new one

Davy is some jockey around Cheltenham, lovely ride in the Cross Country and setting it up for himself here

Shemale wrote: »
    Davy is some jockey around Cheltenham, lovely ride in the Cross Country and setting it up for himself here

Shut up jinx!! Horse found nothing, Kalondra was fairly hacking coming down the hill, one to keep an eye on.

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Pastime proved very disappointing at Chelmsford a few weeks ago but had a far from ideal trip from a poor draw and was ridden handier than he would care for (I want to see him held up with cover here). Coming back to Newcastle's tapeta surface over the C&D of his impressive victory in June could spark him back to life and I think we'll see a much better performance this time around. At Wolverhampton, Dolphin Village is given another chance. He moved quite well over C&D last time out when we backed him and although he failed to finish the race off properly after trading as low as 5/2, today's contest represents another drop in grade. It's the first time he tackles Class 6 company and with Ben Curtis replacing an apprentice, it's worth playing the 11/1. Swift Emperor never got involved here a couple of weeks back but faced an uphill battle after missing the kick and didn't run horribly in the circumstances. Previous to that, he had run to a decent level on turf when second at York and fifth at Redcar, and a replication of either run would see him involved here. He has won on tapeta before and, indeed, won cosily off this mark (86) when last taking in a Class 4 race in March. Whether he's currently tuned to that level, I'm not sure, but if he is then he's seriously overpriced.

Newcastle:
    4:05 - Pastime - 1.50pts @ 6/1 (General)

Wolverhampton:
    7:45 - Dolphin Village - 1pt @ 11/1 (General)
    8:15 - Swift Emperor - 1.50pts @ 12/1 (General)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Danny really proving himself a good jock these past couple of years imo, though he would do well to steer Melon home today considering he’s riding at Fairyhouse!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Mullins newcomer after winning by about a furlong. Not even priced up for the triumph

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Danny really proving himself a good jock these past couple of years imo, though he would do well to steer Melon home today considering he’s riding at Fairyhouse!

:D that did make me laugh

Not the biggest fan of Sire De Grugy but he has hardly regressed so much in last 12 months, granted he is rising 12 but 10/1 looks too tempting.

Shemale wrote: »
    Not the biggest fan of Sire De Grugy but he has hardly regressed so much in last 12 months, granted he is rising 12 but 10/1 looks too tempting.

Game by the balls :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭famagusta

Mgoraf wrote:
    Mullins newcomer after winning by about a furlong. Not even priced up for the triumph

He was still full of running at the line, very impressive

Gone with Starchitect in the feature at HQ. Highly thought of in his hurling career but maybe not scaling the heights expected he might make his mark as a chaser.
    Nov race here last month is often a good pointer to this -favouring with youth & the 1 pound pull to reverse the form with splash of ginge. 6/1 ew

Oscar Rose in the last has some very good nhf form in the book. Local trainer who does well here at the early season meetings - think the mark might look lenient in time getting lots of weight in what will likely be a slog of a race. 8/1

GL today

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭antietam

Melon is not bred to come up the hill in a true run championship race at Cheltenham.I cannot believe people fancy him for March in the champion hurdle.

Am giving Guitar Pete another chance today. If he was half as good over fences as hurdles, this would be well within his scope. Didn’t get much of a run in that Splash of Ginge race so am willing to draw a line through that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Lucky dip Saturday:

Single:
    Deauville Dancer@34, into 29, now 26. 13.55 Chelt (with Money Back as a Free Bet if 2nd or 3rd)

4-fold e/w:
    Starchitect 13.55 Chelt: - 3pl
    Old Guard 15.05 Chelt - 3pl
    Sainte Ladylime 15.40 Chelt - 4pl
    King Kevin 15.00 NC - 3pl
    A Few Good Men 17.45 Wol - 3pl
    + Rose@1.33 in the Indo' stick ball - 2pl

5fold (Accumulator) @20,000/1
    (without stick ball, and SLL swapped for Ron).

• Advertisement

Foxtail Hill here looks too good to be true at 12/1

That was awful, poor Starchitect, he was about to murder them

Poor Starchitect hopefully not as bad as it looked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

That was one of the most sickening injuries ive ever seen

TheTorment wrote: »
    Poor Starchitect hopefully not as bad as it looked.

I think it was, looked like the leg was gone.

Can they put something around that piece of ground, it looked like he slipped very heavily on it.

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Awh man, it's a tough game. :-(

Do ITV need to keep saying it? ****ing hell, there will be no racing at Christmas at this rate

That was one of the most sickening injuries ive ever seen

I was temporarily distracted at home and had my eyes off the tv I’m glad I didn’t see it . As the saying goes it’s outside the door so best not dwell on it you’d be distraught if you owned the poor fella

Got lucky backing that winner, and god knows I could do with it, but absolutely no pleasure in it. Gutted for connections, such a gutsy horse. Cruel game at times.

• Advertisement

ITV is a load of my hole, yesterday Ed Chamberlain reviewing last weekend saying he wasn't expecting Un De Sceaux to win on heavy as he runs with the choke out, the bald fella down at the first fence reading his clipboard before saying which horse is coming to have a look at the fence. Today going on about Starchitect without saying he could having slipped running in a field and now the usual The New One segment, ****ing hell imagine if he had won a Champion Hurdle.

Advertisement