Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returned to using bus afters years. Bus Eireann and their drivers still incompetent.

Options
13»

Comments

It was a staff member in a Bus Éireann vest who guided the five of us to the GoBe alright, he told the driver to let us off and for us to go to gate 1. I’ve calmed down now (sorry for my tone above) but I’m definitely making a formal complaint over this. I decided in the end to take the train from Connolly because I was imagining a situation where the 133x driver wouldn’t have been able to issue my ticket since it was from the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

i'm not backing them at all in relation to your complaint. your complaint is justified. i'm just teling you that privatizing the company won't make a difference to the issue. gobe is effectively a different company, even though bus eireann are involved. in a lot of cases companies will not wait for other company's services. i disagree with it however be aren't the only company in the world guilty of it. plenty more out there.
    i believe the NTA need to do more in terms of integration between services.

Indeed, it does happen, where one service does not wait for another service, where one bus is arriving at the same bus stop, from where the other bus is departing. An example is with two Bus Éireann services, when you have a local service between towns, and other services between towns and Dublin.

The driver operating the service going to Dublin, isn't to know that there might be someone on the local service, hoping to get the particular scheduled service to Dublin, that is operated by that driver.

There is often a situation where the 107 bus is arriving at the Navan Market Square stop, and before this service's bus has pulled in to the stop, the NX or 109 is already leaving.

I guess if the driver of the NX or 109 bus going to Dublin - who may be at the bus stop in time for that service's scheduled departure - is told to wait for the local service arriving at the same stop, from where the 109 and NX buses to Dublin are leaving, there is a risk that the bus to Dublin will be late leaving.

Then passengers waiting at Dunshaughlin for the 109, or passengers waiting at Johnstown for the NX, will then be unhappy that their bus is late, because it had been waiting for another bus to arrive, at Market Square, which might also be late, or even if not late, it might delay the NX or 109, from leaving at the time, that it is scheduled to leave.

The passengers, who would already be on the 109 or NX service, having got the bus at Navan Market Square when it arrived, would also be unhappy about having to wait for passengers, who would have taken the other local service to Navan, to connect with the 109 service, or NX service, to Dublin.

The bus company and the driver is in a no win situation, in such a scenario, where it is hard to please everybody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

Karsini wrote: »
    Well Bus Éireann have done it again. I was supposed to get the 4pm bus to Arklow from Dublin Airport, we were told to board the GoBe Cork service and get off at Busaras. When we got there, the 2 bus was pulling out in front of us. The Busaras staff shrugged it off, saying they were never told. So now I have to wait for the next one.

I’m absolutely livid so please excuse my language but what the **** is wrong with this company!? Time and time again they have let me down. They seriously need to be privatised out of existence!

The buses have a schedule to maintain with other paying passengers on board. The fact that you were late in arriving is not really their problem!
    I would view it as a courtesy that they put you on another bus to try and make the connection but unfortunately it didn't work out for you!

The buses have a schedule to maintain with other paying passengers on board. The fact that you were late in arriving is not really their problem!
    I would view it as a courtesy that they put you on another bus to try and make the connection but unfortunately it didn't work out for you!

But perhaps in this situation, when the passenger was advised by a Bus Éireann staff member, at the airport, to take the bus to Bus Aras, that the passenger thought that there might have been communication made to Bus Aras staff, by Bus Éireann staff at the airport, that there were passengers arriving at Bus Aras, intending to connect with the number 2 bus to Wexford.

It's a different situation to getting one local service and then hoping to connect with another service, because the poster above had originally intended to get a bus from the airport to Arklow, without having to change services at Bus Aras.

The number 2 bus normally starts at the airport. So don’t try to pin this on me. I did nothing wrong here.

• Advertisement

Well Bus Éireann have done it again. I was supposed to get the 4pm bus to Arklow from Dublin Airport, we were told to board the GoBe Cork service and get off at Busaras. When we got there, the 2 bus was pulling out in front of us. The Busaras staff shrugged it off, saying they were never told. So now I have to wait for the next one.

I’m absolutely livid so please excuse my language but what the **** is wrong with this company!? Time and time again they have let me down. They seriously need to be privatised out of existence!

What was the reason that you couldn't get the number 2 bus at Dublin Airport?

Had it already departed from Dublin Airport?

What was the reason that you couldn't get the number 2 bus at Dublin Airport?

Had it already departed from Dublin Airport?
    No, I was there 40 minutes before. It didn’t show up at the airport, we were told it was waiting at Busaras.

http://www.buseireann.ie/timetables/1442220927-2.pdf

16 buses per day to Wexford from Dublin Airport and he's throwing the rattle out
    of the pram because the next one was one hour later, running at 17:00.
    Life is just not fair for some people!!!

No, I was there 40 minutes before. It didn’t show up at the airport, we were told it was waiting at Busaras.

What was the reason that it did not start at the airport at 4pm, as scheduled? It's a very regular service.

16 buses per day to Wexford from Dublin Airport and he's throwing the rattle out
    of the pram because the next one was one hour later, running at 17:00.
    Life is just not fair for some people!!!
    That’s such an Irish response, to accept mediocrity. That simply wouldn’t happen on Citylink.
    What was the reason that it did not start at the airport at 4pm, as scheduled? It's a very regular service.

I genuinely don’t know. But I was there at the stop since 3:20 with 5 other people.

• Advertisement

Well according to the news today there was an additional 87,000 passengers using Dublin Airport today and that equally converts to road traffic users causing horrendous traffic congestion on all roads leading both into and out of Dublin and maybe the driver was delayed getting in to Dublin and couldn't make the run to the airport as he might have exceeded his driving hours?

That’s such an Irish response, to accept mediocrity. That simply wouldn’t happen on Citylink.

I genuinely don’t know. But I was there at the stop since 3:20 with 5 other people.

Did any one else ask a staff member, at the airport or Bus Aras, why the number 2 bus did not pick up at the airport at 4pm as scheduled?

I'm sure Citylink encounter issues as well.

Just wondering, why didn't you opt for the 5.30pm number 2 service from Bus Aras to Arklow?

Did any one else ask a staff member, at the airport or Bus Aras, why the number 2 bus did not pick up at the airport at 4pm as scheduled?

I'm sure Citylink encounter issues as well.

Just wondering, why didn't you opt for the 5.30pm number 2 service from Bus Aras to Arklow?
    The 5:30 doesn’t serve Arklow, you have to get the 5:45 133x which never departs on time. Plus I wasn’t sure whether the driver on the 133x could have issued my ticket since I wasn’t at the airport. So I didn’t want to delay myself any further.

I’ve already received an abusive PM about this so I’m not going to engage any further with this. Arguing on the internet isn’t worth the stress.

The 5:30 doesn’t serve Arklow, you have to get the 5:45 133x which never departs on time. Plus I wasn’t sure whether the driver on the 133x could have issued my ticket since I wasn’t at the airport. So I didn’t want to delay myself any further.

I’ve already received an abusive PM about this so I’m not going to engage any further with this. Arguing on the internet isn’t worth the stress.

I'm not arguing with you and neither was anyone else who posted in response to your post.

Perhaps TheQuietFella had thought you missed the 4pm Bus Éireann number 2 bus at the airport, as I did initially, because in your first and second posts, you didn't mention that it had not left from Dublin Airport at 4pm, as scheduled in the timetable. You had just mentioned that you had intended getting the 4pm number 2 bus at Dublin Airport. It was not clarified in your first and second posts, that the 4pm number 2 service had not started, as scheduled, at Dublin Airport.

You stated in your first post:

"Well Bus Éireann have done it again. I was supposed to get the 4pm bus to Arklow from Dublin Airport, we were told to board the GoBe Cork service and get off at Busaras. When we got there, the 2 bus was pulling out in front of us. The Busaras staff shrugged it off, saying they were never told. So now I have to wait for the next one".

I didn't realise, that the 5pm number 2 service from Dublin Airport, didn't serve Arklow.

It's unfortunate that the connection at Bus Aras didn't work out for you, but at least there are a number of options at that time, between 4pm and 5pm, to get to Arklow from Dublin Airport and Dublin City Centre, and regular connections until midnight, from Dublin Airport, every day, between the Bus Éireann number 2 service, and the Wexford Bus service.

The Wexford Bus is another option, to get to Arklow, from Dublin Airport, and Dublin City Centre.

Wexford Bus, lists on its timetable, a Monday - Sunday service, at 4.30pm from Dublin Airport, that is due in Arklow at 6.05pm.

Wexford Bus also has a Monday - Friday service, at 4.45pm from Dublin Airport, that is due in Arklow at 6.30pm.

https://bookings.wexfordbus.com/Timetable.aspx?TimeTableRoute=2

• Registered Users Posts: 15,819 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

The one thing that really bugs me about Bus Eireann drivers is it would be a nice day outside not at all cold and they would have the heating on full blast you end up sweating and not been comfortable. Then on a cold day they don,t bother turning it on when it is needed. Really annoying that.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

AMKC wrote: »
    The one thing that really bugs me about Bus Eireann drivers is it would be a nice day outside not at all cold and they would have the heating on full blast you end up sweating and not been comfortable. Then on a cold day they don,t bother turning it on when it is needed. Really annoying that.

That doesn't jut happen with Bus Éireann. I got an Aircoach service from Belfast to Dublin last January, and the heating wasn't on, and it was a very cold afternoon. I think there was heat where the driver was - however that works, I'm not sure - but down in the seats, the heating wasn't on.

Advertisement