Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barry's or Lyons?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

anna080 wrote: »
    I used to use Bewley's up until recently when I couldn't find them in the shop so I bought Barry's. Well holy mother of god it was as though someone took my ice cold heart and gave it a warm hug. No going back now.

Another one converted.........

163.gif
    Sciprio wrote: »
    Barry's. I've tried the Lyons and it's too watery.

Its the cow manure they add to it that makes it watery :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Christmas orienteering suggestion for all the proud drinkers of "Irish" Barry's tea, why not go out and look for those swathes of home-grown tea plantations this weekend, maybe start in cork?

I'll have a cup of Tetley's while you're out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,912 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Robert Roberts tea for me. Brewed to within an inch of its life and just a tiny bit of milk.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Aldi here. Dont l8le lyons and barrys too expensive. Theyre all just tea.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭blueshade

Tetley's. Or Earl Grey if I'm missing England more than usual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

I like both

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

I can't stand people who bring their favourite tea on holiday to remind them of home.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭jackboy

There are only two types of tea. Strong tea and weak tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,283 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

McGraths Reserve Blend

Grand cup of tae

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

I'll take whatever is going. As long as the cup isn't half filled with milk it's a fine cup of tea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

What's interesting is the preference for certain varieties of tea in Ireland ...
    English breakfast: ... Originally a China black tea but now frequently includes a strong Ceylon tea component. May also include teas from Assam, Africa, and/or Indonesia.

Irish breakfast: More robust than English breakfast. Generally has a strong Assam component, giving it a malty flavor.

https://www.thekitchn.com/whats-the-difference-between-english-irish-and-scottish-breakfast-teas-202067

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

everlast75 wrote: »
    No point in having these threads OP.

There was one before asking people to chose between "King" or "Tayto".

Tayto won ffs ... :

You should check out the last time a Co. Cork product was put up for evaluation in AH. (Hint - it was a variety of relish). The thread achieved a significant amount of red / yellow cards within the first half dozen posts....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Lyons tea is by a mile the best tasting drink in existence, Barry's is only the best of all the other rubbish brands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Barrys green label is the finest

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Greyfox wrote: »
    Lyons tea is by a mile the best tasting drink in existence,

Ya it is, if you like drinking weak watery tea that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Foxhound38 wrote: »
    A lot of people seem to be opting these days for fancy brit brands that always seem a little too up their own hole like Twinings.

That's just in the Pale sure.

:p

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Barry's classic loose leaf, obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Another one converted.........

A Corkonian raving about Barry’s, why am I not surprised :p

Sure they love the stuff down there

Advertisement