Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what are you addicted to????

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

cantdecide wrote: »
    Lube might help with that.

'did you show him that new trick of how you can make it smoke a cancer stick?':p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

chocolate and i have a strange compulsion to spend money on something. I always like to have something in mind to get, researching and window shopping for a while before i buy keeps me from overspending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Lovely, lovely pints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I wouldn't say I'm addicted, but I'm a bit fond of the auld chocolate. And cakes. And biscuits. I popped into M&S the other day, to buy one of their nice Christmassy pre-packed sandwiches, and I ended up spending €28 on cakes and chocolate. I had half a toffee swiss roll for breakfast this morning. I'm not addicted though. I could stop any time I wanted to. I just don't want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Sadly for me it was Heroin and most man made narcotics, but I managed to beat that after 25 years or so( I know, I was quick), so now it's tareing the hole out of the missus and boxing, and shamrock rovers

21/25

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Maybe not an addiction but I've a compulsion with being clean/having things clean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ANDREWMUFC

Gambling for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Films

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭AllForIt

In the past alcohol and the ciggies. Currently sugar, over the last few years I have intermittently succumbed to sugar binges that can last for weeks until I manage to stop. Very difficult to avoid buying anything sweet in the supermarkets this month. I have to avert my eyes to all the colourful boxes of xmas junk otherwise I know I'm screwed. Doing very well this season so far. I absolutely hate feeling overweight and sugar is my Achilles heel, not fatty foods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Infernum

Standing in front of a mirror and brushing my flowing locks for probably half an hour.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

uch wrote: »
    Sadly for me it was Heroin and most man made narcotics, but I managed to beat that after 25 years or so(I know, I was quick), so now it's tareing the hole out of the missus and boxing, and shamrock rovers

Very brave to admit to that on a public forum. Really admire your courage. Takes a real hero to admit to being a fan of LOI. :D

I've taken crack cocaine once. It's not all it's cracked up to be - true story.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,021 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

RayM wrote: »
    I wouldn't say I'm addicted, but I'm a bit fond of the auld chocolate. And cakes. And biscuits. I popped into M&S the other day, to buy one of their nice Christmassy pre-packed sandwiches, and I ended up spending €28 on cakes and chocolate. I had half a toffee swiss roll for breakfast this morning. I'm not addicted though. I could stop any time I wanted to. I just don't want to.

What was it Mark Twain once said?

Quitting is easy - I've done it hundreds of times...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,477 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

cantdecide wrote: »

So did I, and also in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017 (twice).

Bastarding things.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,676 ✭✭✭buried

Collecting Books and Vinyl records. New years resolution is to ease up on it. Extreme Lack of space in the house and too much space in the wallet.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

Definitely beer and not just any beer or all beer but lager, preferably continental European beer. When I'm in the beer section of the supermarket my heart races with excitement.

If there is beer in the house and I start drinking it I will drink all of it unless there's cases of the stuff then I would just drink it until I'm drunk and tired and would go to bed.

Other forms of alcohol like spirits or wine don't have the same attraction for me. If i wanted a beer and there was only wine or vodka or whiskey or whatever then I'd just have tea.

I love beer. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Bass

• Registered Users Posts: 6 coffeeDogsSea

I'm addicted to coffee and my phone. Sometimes I even go looking for my phone when it's in my hand or my pocket; it's practically an extension of my hand at this point.

So did I, and also in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017 (twice).

Bastarding things.

Gave up for 5 years then went back on them thanks to gong back on the beer as well. On/off cycle for few years until I took up vaping. At least now if I smoke on a night out I can't see myself continuing the following day when I have and am used to the e-sig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

Coffee and nicotine. Also food, being a lazy sod, and the internet.

Advertisement