Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what are you addicted to????

Options
  • 14-12-2017 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭

So have you any addictions???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,199 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I'm addicted to asking people in AH to answer their own question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Sugar. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

Dopamine.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Tea and my phone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

why I ask is because I have such an addictive personality. Hoping I'm not alone. I reckon it can be genetic. a few members of my family are the same

• Advertisement

Are Am Eye wrote: »
    Dopamine.

me too majorly so

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭dusty207

Licking the hairs off my dog. Apparently it's full of vitamin D. Don't ask.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Life.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Wan… umm walking my dog. That’s it… yeah. Walking my dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

Pepsi Max

oh and wasteing money :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Nicotine.

Get by just about on the vape these days but still fall off the wagon every now and then.

I'm very uptight in general so took to tobacco smoking like a duck to water.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

I am addicted to crack.....sorry i mean the craic having the craic.......like.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Nope. Used to be addicted to nicotine, but I broke that (with a lot of ****ing work) and sugar, but I significantly cut down on that too.

Tea.

And bass, of course. Someone had to say it.

mad muffin wrote: »
    Wan… umm walking my dog. That’s it… yeah. Walking my dog.

cool but something to consider. If you walk him too much he might get tired and not appreciate his nicer walks. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭AllForIt

lukesmom wrote: »
    why I ask is because I have such an addictive personality. Hoping I'm not alone. I reckon it can be genetic. a few members of my family are the same

Maybe there is no such thing as an addictive personality but in fact you have poor self control.

Edit: I didn't mean that as an insult, I just mean if you look at it the way I suggest then you can tackle the problem and get your addictions under control rather than thinking your doomed to addiction due to being built that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,351 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Tea. It's dangerous stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,021 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

lukesmom wrote: »

I read somewhere that people don;t get addicted to things, they get addicted to the pleasure the substance/behaviour creates. Not sure where...?

Anyway, in answer to your question: the internet. Have some blocker software installed on the laptop that blocks all connections at certain times.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,351 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

AllForIt wrote: »
    Maybe there is no such thing as an addictive personality but in fact you have poor self control.

Maybe it all amounts to the same thing in the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

Chocolate. Crave the stuff. Have a sweet tooth in general, but don’t eat sweets or crisps. Ate two packets of chocolate biscuits in the space of half an hour this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Coke....zero

I read somewhere that people don;t get addicted to things, they get addicted to the pleasure the substance/behaviour creates. Not sure where...?

Anyway, in answer to your question: the internet. Have some blocker software installed on the laptop that blocks all connections at certain times.

thats a good point.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I'm addicted to cynicism

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

Non red bull energy drinks and cream biscuits.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

coke zero. i really don't have an addictive personality, but i believe in it and feel sorry for those who do.

and i'm delighted i hate cigarettes as the most strong willed people i know can't give up their nicotine addiction

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Cheese.... Eat a crazy amount of it. All sorts. I'd be embarrassed to tell my doctor the truth if he asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Greyfox

armaghlad wrote: »
    Chocolate. Crave the stuff.
    Me too, once im anywhere near the stuff I have no willpower, I love tea too and can no longer drink tea without something sweet

Ive gotten away from many addictions, but now, yeah probably the phone and internet..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭JenovaProject

Cigarettes and alcohol.
    And a woman whos as bad for me as the previous 2 things:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Me_Grapes

Candie wrote: »

And bass, of course. Someone had to say it.

Indeed they did.

Advertisement