Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tinder

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

He's had loads of dates with the same girl off Tinder. What's stupid about it?

How he phrased it :pac:
    If I was to say to someone in real life how I had many dates off Tinder. It would imply with various people.

He met his girl from Tinder then he started to date her. Those 20 dates or whatever he had with her does not mean 20 dates from Tinder lol.

If you went to a bar tonight, met someone and then dated them for 6 months you would not say "that pub? Geez I scored so many times from that pub" lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Yeah yeah I do know what ya mean. :D Just that stupid ain't a nice description. :/ But literally, I know what ya mean.. :D:)

I wonder is Stu a Boardsie........ :(

• Registered Users Posts: 73,392 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

cena wrote: »
    nope. you have to pay if you get a match and want to send a message

No you don't

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

How he phrased it :pac:
    If I was to say to someone in real life how I had many dates off Tinder. It would imply with various people.

He met his girl from Tinder then he started to date her. Those 20 dates or whatever he had with her does not mean 20 dates from Tinder lol.

If you went to a bar tonight, met someone and then dated them for 6 months you would not say "that pub? Geez I scored so many times from that pub" lol.
    Yeah. That was his joke

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

I’m pretty glad that I’ll die not ever having had to use an internet dating app (all things going well).

I much prefer how the pre internet era way of things worked. Bash her over the head with your wooden club, give her parents a brontosaurus as dowry and multiply like rabbits.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Fistr
    And Blistr, for those whove picked up extras by using these apps :)
    Festr.
    For those that havent had it seen to
    me_irl wrote: »
    Isthatmysistr for boggers.

Hitlr, for people who want to take it Führer. (You can only swipe right)

I never used Tinder but did have a lot of fun on some of the other sites. In saying that if I found myself single tomorrow (holy mother of Jaysus it would be back to pepperoni in the hair) I don't think I'd bother with any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

bluewolf wrote: »
    Yeah. That was his joke

I get jokes. As homer said. Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

bluewolf wrote: »
    Yeah. That was his joke
    I get jokes. As homer said. Lol

Aw I don't get the joke. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭s15r330

That's a lot of riding.

Would you believe I nearly got sick of it...nearly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

I'm sure people meet each other in sex dungeons and end up in relationships too.

But if tinder isn't 99% for casual sex, I'll eat a tub of frozen horse urine right this instant.

Appropriate name.

Is the local "dance" in the village but a conduit to debaucherous inclination?

How about the penpal section of the hamlet gazette, eh?

Going into a pub and looking left and right has been happening long before your casual sex facilitating app ever existed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

s15r330 wrote: »
    I was on it about 3 years ago, met about 80 girls over the course of a Summer, was meeting 2 an evening at one stage.

Went all the way on first dates with about 20 of them, maybe another 15 took 2 or 3 meets to put out.

Ended up meeting someone on POF and we're getting married in March!

I bet she loves that story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭s15r330

Zak Flaps wrote: »
    I bet she loves that story.

Oh I told her!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

I don't know anything much about how tinder works, but what happens when the mishmash of expectations clash.

Do the eejits who think they are going to find complications free sex just keep at it:P or does the penny drop and they realise most are looking for a relationship of some sort.

Do cases like of this put people off https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/circuit-court/man-found-guilty-of-sexually-assaulting-woman-he-met-on-tinder-1.3310902.

Advertisement