Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tinder

Options
  • 13-12-2017 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,973 ✭✭✭

Do people actually pay to use this app? Was it not free to use at some stage?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Pithythefool

Never used it but know the gist of it, the swipe left/right thing for casual sex?

You need to be out of your mind to be putting up personal pictures on such a thing. Never mind paying for it!

Never used it but know the gist of it, the swipe left/right thing for casual sex?

You need to be out of your mind to be putting up personal pictures on such a thing. Never mind paying for it!

It's not just used for casual sex. People have actually found relationships from it and photos are important if you want to meet someone.

It's not just used for casual sex. People have actually found relationships from it and photos are important if you want to meet someone.

I'm sure people meet each other in sex dungeons and end up in relationships too.

But if tinder isn't 99% for casual sex, I'll eat a tub of frozen horse urine right this instant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

That's grindr you're thinking of (is there a lesbo version of that?).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

I'll eat a tub of frozen horse urine right this instant.

There's also paid websites that can fix you up with that sort of thing.

• Advertisement

I'm sure people meet each other in sex dungeons and end up in relationships too.

But if tinder isn't 99% for casual sex, I'll eat a tub of frozen horse urine right this instant.

They no doubt do.

Had to check there, yeah tinder is the one where you swipe left and right.

Are Am Eye wrote: »
    There's also paid websites that can fix you up with that sort of thing.

Urine big trouble now.com

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭rgodard80a

Are Budweiser releasing an extra cold version like Guinness ?

rgodard80a wrote: »
    Are Budweiser releasing an extra cold version like Guinness ?

Its more like the ben and jerrys thing, "yellow blast"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭blue note

I've had loads of dates from tinder. All with the same girl though. The 3rd anniversary of the first of those is on Saturday.

I know people long for the days when you'd meet people in a bar / nightclub, as opposed to swiping one way or another on a person. But be honest, how did you decide who you'd try to chat up in a bar? Might you have seen someone you found attractive and then tried to initiate a conversation? Kind of like seeing a picture of someone and then trying to initiate a conversation? Except on Tinder there's a better chance you're both sober.

I hear Tinder is different now to how it was when I was on it. But I heard when I was on it it was different to how I was using it too. I guess you get people on it just looking for hook ups and people on it looking to meet someone and people on it just open to the idea of meeting someone but not even necessarily looking. Kind of like the people you'd find in a bar I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Fistr

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Fistr

And Blistr, for those whove picked up extras by using these apps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Festr.
    For those that havent had it seen to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Festr.
    For those that havent had it seen to

Isthatmysistr for boggers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

blue note wrote: »
    I've had loads of dates from tinder. All with the same girl though.

I am sorry but that is one stupid sentence you made lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

I am sorry but that is one stupid sentence you made lol.

He's had loads of dates with the same girl off Tinder. What's stupid about it?

I met my girlfriend on Tinder. We’ve been together for over 18 months now. We never would have crossed paths otherwise. So it can work. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Dave0JV

cena wrote: »
    Do people actually pay to use this app? Was it not free to use at some stage?

It's still free, but you can pay for extra features geared towards supposedly getting you more matches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

He's had loads of dates with the same girl off Tinder. What's stupid about it?

Its kinda cute

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,524 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Problem with tinder is you can't set the age range below 17....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

I used tinder for a while. Actually ended up going out with a guy for a couple of months. The rest were just hook ups though. There are people on tinder looking for relationships but in my experience most are looking for hook ups.

I can't get onto the stoopid thang anyway it keeps spitting out security crap at me and won't let me log in. :rolleyes::rolleyes::mad::(

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bikubesong

Met up with some mates yesterday. Four of them are currently in relationships, and of those four, three relationships were borne out of Tinder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Martina1991

bikubesong wrote:
    Met up with some mates yesterday. Four of them are currently in relationships, and of those four, three relationships were borne out of Tinder.

I met my bf on tinder. Going out 2 and a half years now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭s15r330

I was on it about 3 years ago, met about 80 girls over the course of a Summer, was meeting 2 an evening at one stage.

Went all the way on first dates with about 20 of them, maybe another 15 took 2 or 3 meets to put out.

Ended up meeting someone on POF and we're getting married in March!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,973 ✭✭✭cena

Dave0JV wrote: »
    It's still free, but you can pay for extra features geared towards supposedly getting you more matches

nope. you have to pay if you get a match and want to send a message

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Roger Mellie Man on the Telly

s15r330 wrote: »
    Went all the way on first dates with about 20 of them, maybe another 15 took 2 or 3 meets to put out.

That's a lot of riding.

Just tried it again there. Ball$ of a thing is still spouting crap about security and servers and what-not. :rolleyes::mad:

I can still see who messages me though or if I get matches! And I've got about 30 messages off Stu and I can't log on to read them! So if you're listening to this or reading, sorry Stu, I'm not ignoring ya! :D:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,381 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Get this man some horse urine

Advertisement