Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Anyone see Kavanagh whinging tweet since deleted.

"Anything in the tabloids today about what happened Saturday night? No? Didn't think so, positive news doesn't get those clicks eh?? ðŸ’*♂️"

What was the news he expected to be in the tabloids?

Surely not some SBG part time athletes fighting

Wheelchair stuff?

I can only assume that's what he means too. Utterly moronic stuff. This idea that it's the media's responsibility to provide "balance". Conor did a good thing (although some would say it was suspiciously convenient) therefore you should report it to counter the negative of his antics in New York. Nonsense stuff altogether.

Kavanagh was exposed long ago. Once McGregor is done, he's done too.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Connor was at BAMMA, he shared some really positive stuff with someone he met there. He also didn't fight any buses or other forms of transport that I am aware of.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Connor was at BAMMA, he shared some really positive stuff with someone he met there. He also didn't fight any buses or other forms of transport that I am aware of.

Exactly, but that's not news. John occasionally checks in on the forum, so I'll give him this one for free:

Conor McGregor acts the **** in public = news.

Conor McGregor doesn't act the **** ≠ news. As Chris Rock said, that's what you're supposed to do you dumb mother****er.

Maybe John would be better abandoning his pseudo intellectual persona and give up reading the papers for the likes of LADBible and Joe.ie, at least one of which I'm sure definitely "reported" the events of Saturday night

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

Ahh just looked it up and seen the youtube video with the lad in the wheelchair. Yeah he did something nice - so pat on the back for that, he didn't have to. Sure there's an awful joke about confusing his chair for a dolley there.

And just to show what gibberish Kavanagh is talking, the irish sun did report it

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/mma/2565375/ufc-star-conor-mcgregor-shows-up-at-bamma-35-event-at-the-3arena-in-dublin-to-support-team-mate-kiefer-crosbie/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Ahh Ive just been snooping around and JK to his credit has held his hands up when shown to be wrong.

would seem he's every bit as bad as the tabloid media he's berating, calling something out when he's done FA research

Odd that he felt the need to comment on this mind, yet kept his dignified silence when Conor was jumping in the ring and attacking buses.

• Advertisement

Ah it's not odd when you think about it. The man is a stooge.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I thought I'd seen the story a few times so just checked back and the Indo, balls.ie, and The42/daily edge all ran a story on him meeting your man the other night.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/mma/if-you-cant-stand-up-stand-out-conor-mcgregor-lauds-inspirational-teenager-ian-oconnell-after-moving-late-late-show-appearance-36901745.html

https://www.balls.ie/newsnow/ian-oconnell-388845

http://www.dailyedge.ie/ian-oconnell-conor-mcgregor-late-late-4010195-May2018/

lol is there even any need to check Joe.ie :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Anyone see Kavanagh whinging tweet since deleted.

"Anything in the tabloids today about what happened Saturday night? No? Didn't think so, positive news doesn't get those clicks eh?? ðŸ’*♂️"

What was the news he expected to be in the tabloids?

Surely not some SBG part time athletes fighting

Honestly he is just a pain in the hole. Holier than thou and is arguably the smuggest man in Ireland. What does he want to see in the paper? "McGregor acts like decent human in public for the first time in about 3 years"? Yeah it was a nice touching gesture but the gesture is cancelled out when you just expect to be praised for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

He seemed to be quite quiet at Bamma, no big entourage either. Hopefully a sign of things to come

The amount of people off their tits was unreal though, I haven't seen that much drug use in one place since the Tour de France went by my house in 1998. Same at another event a few weeks ago, can lads not go to an MMA event without acting all Tony Montana

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

He seemed to be quite quiet at Bamma, no big entourage either. Hopefully a sign of things to come

The amount of people off their tits was unreal though, I haven't seen that much drug use in one place since the Tour de France went by my house in 1998. Same at another event a few weeks ago, can lads not go to an MMA event without acting all Tony Montana

That's more a comment on the society of today, though. A mate of mine ran a pub in ruralland, and had to get out because young fellas were going mental every weekend in the place, sniffing anything that had a vague whiff of filler in it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

The copied the beards, the hair cuts, the suits, now copying the cocaine habit. Loyal fans

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

If we could expatriate McGregor we could fix the cocaine, beard and suit problem this country has. Make Ireland not like McGregor again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

That's more a comment on the society of today, though. A mate of mine ran a pub in ruralland, and had to get out because young fellas were going mental every weekend in the place, sniffing anything that had a vague whiff of filler in it.

Compared to the majority getting off their head on the legal drug they sell, alcohol I think it's called!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Compared to the majority getting off their head on the legal drug they sell, alcohol I think it's called!

Because besides the legalities, there really is no difference between alcohol and class A’s.

SMH

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Ah, I know that, and I'm not one to preach, but it was more the scale of it.

I grew up in similar pubs, and while there was always someone on a heavy one, the amount of people throwing vast quantities of questionable sourced powders up their nose lately, in country pubs, has grown, and I'm not conservative in any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dr Brown

John_D80 wrote: »
    Because besides the legalities, there really is no difference between alcohol and class A’s.

SMH

Coke is not comparable to Alcohol.

Even a small amount of Coke can kill a user who's been using it for years.

Your unlikely to drop dead after drinking 2 or 3 pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Dr Brown wrote: »

Where are you buying coke?

John_D80 wrote: »

SMH

Is this mumsnet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Was being sarcastic. Note the SMH.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Ah, I know that, and I'm not one to preach, but it was more the scale of it.

I grew up in similar pubs, and while there was always someone on a heavy one, the amount of people throwing vast quantities of questionable sourced powders up their nose lately, in country pubs, has grown, and I'm not conservative in any way.

I hear you. I only posted that because I was talking to a former publican recently about the same kind of stuff going in a rural pub I know, just thought it was funny that they ignored the fact that they were selling a drug that's ruined plenty of lives in this country and almost seemed completely oblivious to it. It's like the legality of it makes it go over people's heads!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,159 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Do you have a source for that?
    Not disputing it, genuinely curious. Fully aware how easy it is to overdose on opiates and the like. But a lot of the stuff about people overdosing on a single hit of coke/estasy/weed (lol) sounds like scaremongering to me. But completely uneducated opinion regarding the coke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dr Brown

Mellor wrote: »
    Do you have a source for that?
    Not disputing it, genuinely curious. Fully aware how easy it is to overdose on opiates and the like. But a lot of the stuff about people overdosing on a single hit of coke/estasy/weed (lol) sounds like scaremongering to me. But completely uneducated opinion regarding the coke.

Its well known that long term use of coke causes serious heart disease.

Also if you use it at any time your chance of getting a stroke or heart attack goes up by about 1000%.

The problem with coke isn't overdosing per say its that the drug is highly unpredictable.

Dr Chris Luke said in an intervew a few weeks back that a user can take coke for 20 years without problems and then suddenly die.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,159 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Sure, but chronic usage not really relevant to what you said or what I asked.
    You mentioned that a small amount that kill you, that's very different.
    Also if you use it at any time your chance of getting a stroke or heart attack goes up by about 1000%.
    I could believe that. Although relative % increase is kinda misleading. The actual incident rate is more useful.

For balance, going for a run also increases your heart attack risk.
    The problem with coke isn't overdosing per say its that the drug is highly unpredictable.

Dr Chris Luke said in an intervew a few weeks back that a user can take coke for 20 years without problems and then suddenly die.

Chronic use is clearly destructive. I was more curious about the acute sudden death you refereed to and if that was possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Terrible for anyone who trains to a high intensity. Professional athletes etc.

Can bring forward heart attack by 20, 30 years.

Dying in sleep is common.

Your average cokehead who doesn't take care of their fitness can get away with abusing the drug for years on end.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

Terrible for anyone who trains to a high intensity. Professional athletes etc.

Can bring forward heart attack by 20, 30 years.

Dying in sleep is common.

Your average cokehead who doesn't take care of their fitness can get away with abusing the drug for years on end.

The fact that Keith Richards is still alive helps me sleep better at night..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

thebull85 wrote: »
    The fact that Keith Richards is still alive helps me sleep better at night..
    The fact he's still alive is a medical miracle in itself to be fair.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    The fact he's still alive is a medical miracle in itself to be fair.

yeah that decade long heroin addiction, not to mention all the amphetamines that came well before that. Its a miracle alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,006 ✭✭✭pgj2015

sorry, thought this was a thread about conor mcgregor.

pgj2015 wrote: »

Dont be sorry pal its alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

pgj2015 wrote: »

Who is that?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement