Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Kevin lee looked amazing on the matt against barboza

• Registered Users Posts: 20,641 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

MarkY91 wrote: »
    cloudatlas wrote: »
    What does keith joyce do for a living?

He is somehow connected to the gym king brand. I see him at the gym all the time kitted out in gym king gear. I heard him asking the trainer's what size they are, so I assume he gets alot of free clothing to hand out.

He seems like one of the more decent of McGregor's knacker mates.
    Surely he doesn't make a living just from gym king isn't he just a brand ambassador ? He does seem like a decent fella to be fair to him,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Kevin lee looked amazing on the matt against barboza

Wrong thread mate. This one is for discussion on hearsay and gossip about McGregor. Former and future UFC champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭billybonkers

U ok hun?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Here is Conor encouraging a disabled person in training SBG yesterday. Pretty cool of him to do that.
    https://twitter.com/TheHotWheels93/status/989463204408545280

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭billybonkers

cliggg wrote: »
    Here is Conor encouraging a disabled person in training SBG yesterday. Pretty cool of him to do that.
    https://twitter.com/TheHotWheels93/status/989463204408545280

Hope he didn't give any pointers on the rowing technique

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Handy that they managed to film him helping out and posted it to social media, would have been a waste otherwise :)

Rowing technique is almost as bad as McGregor himself, wonder if he is using the FAST plan.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

mloc123 wrote: »
    Handy that they managed to film him helping out and posted it to social media, would have been a waste otherwise :)

Rowing technique is almost as bad as McGregor himself, wonder if he is using the FAST plan.

He's disabled. His technique probably is adapted to his disability.
    Also, it was not posted from McGregors account.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    He's disabled. His technique probably is adapted to his disability.
    Also, it was not posted from McGregors account.

I am joking about McGregors technique not your mans..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Couch potatoes telling one of the world's sports men and world MMA champion that he's doing it wrong ha. Seems to be working fine for him.

• Advertisement

Couch potatoes telling one of the world's sports men and world MMA champion that he's doing it wrong ha. Seems to be working fine for him.

sure is, his cardio is impressive :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Better than yours I'd wager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

I would like to think him helping the guy was genuine, but its so soon after his latest scandal that he's conveniently filmed helping a disabled guy that its hard not to see it as publicity stunt to rehabilitate his public image. After the booze and whore scandal there was pictures of himself, Dee and Conor Jr in matching pajamas on Christmas day.

Someone at SBG should tell him if he stops acting like a fool he wouldn't need to do these publicity stunts to rehabilitate his image.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Better than yours I'd wager

Why do people bother with this nonsense like. Bears absolutely no relevance to the original dig at his questionable cardio for an elite combat sports athlete.

Why do people bother with this nonsense like. Bears absolutely no relevance to the original dig at his questionable cardio for an elite combat sports athlete.

Well digging at somebody when they are giving some thing back is dickish and deserves a dickish response.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Just like Tony Ferguson's deadlift form. Just because they are a world class athlete and fighter doesn't mean they do everything perfectly. They can still have sloppy form.

The internet is a mad old place all the same. I just thought it was a nice gesture so I posted it, I don't care if it's a publicity stunt. Someone did something nice for someone else, why is that a bad thing? He acts like a thug and he gets stick for it (deservedly), he does something nice for someone and he gets stick for it. What a world we live in! :confused:

Well digging at somebody when they are giving some thing back is dickish and deserves a dickish response.

The original post was clearly a light hearted joke. There was a big smiley face in it ffs. People never cease to amaze me when they rush to get get offended on McGregor's behalf.

"I bet that world class athlete is in better shape than you. HAHAHA, YOUR POST IS VOID"

Jesus wept.

The original post was clearly a light hearted joke. There was a big smiley face in it ffs. People never cease to amaze me when they rush to get get offended on McGregor's behalf.

"I bet that world class athlete is in better shape than you. HAHAHA, YOUR POST IS VOID"

Jesus wept.
    You had a few **** comments on it. First one saying rowing technique was as bad as McGregor's. So your idea of funny differs from mine

And I'm not offended on McGregor's behalf. Your comments around Craig are **** though.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,161 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

It was clearly a joke. But it's pretty shitty to mock the disabled bloke's technique in order to have a dig at McGregor.

• Advertisement

Looks like he's planning on taking Khabib down! :P

https://www.instagram.com/p/BikOLXUny9F/?taken-by=thenotoriousmma

Is that Cowley he's with? Paul Daley would take him down and fancy his chances with him.

Yeah I think it is Cowley, it looks like cctv footage for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

cliggg wrote: »
    Yeah I think it is Cowley, it looks like cctv footage for some reason.

Because it's CCTV footage from the gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

Because it's CCTV footage from the gym.
    Did they break in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

degsie wrote: »
    Did they break in?

Gardai had to review the tapes because there was reports of Cian Cowley impersonating an MMA fighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,928 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

off topic:
    i just got a laugh ot of daniels cormier's twitter page
    Daniel Cormier

Verified account

@dc_mma
    1m1 minute ago

I got this today mixed in with the fan mail at the gym. Thanks @CatZingano! I’m glad you took the time to write me a note lol. ���� ��
    The letter was a genuine Cat Zingano generic bulk mail merge selling fitness products!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,161 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

off topic:
    i just got a laugh ot of daniels cormier's twitter page

The letter was a genuine Cat Zingano generic bulk mail merge selling fitness products!

https://www.twitter.com/dc_mma/status/996159910776721411

I don't mean to brag. But 2018 has been prett big for me so far...

Returns after nearly 2 year layoff. Loses to go 0-3. Calls this "pretty big".

Her last win was 2014. Where she beat Amanda Nunes

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭hewhoscares

Anyone see Kavanagh whinging tweet since deleted.

"Anything in the tabloids today about what happened Saturday night? No? Didn't think so, positive news doesn't get those clicks eh?? ðŸ’*♂️"

What was the news he expected to be in the tabloids?

Surely not some SBG part time athletes fighting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,928 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Anyone see Kavanagh whinging tweet since deleted.

"Anything in the tabloids today about what happened Saturday night? No? Didn't think so, positive news doesn't get those clicks eh?? ðŸ’*♂️"

What was the news he expected to be in the tabloids?

Surely not some SBG part time athletes fighting

Wheelchair stuff?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement