Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Of course she has juiced heavily.
    It’s bloody obvious.
    She looks more like wanderlei silva than he does himself.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Is this real? Middle picture looks like 2 different people altogether

Maybe just camera, if you compare the the top left with middle right and top right with middle left they dont look so disimilar

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

No information at present about international fight week 2018. Half tempted to head over.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

The Nal wrote: »
    Jesus. That UFC 220 card falls off a cliff after the co-main. I was half thinking of going to that one aswell. Dodged a bit of a bullet there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

dulux99 wrote: »
    Jesus. That UFC 220 card falls off a cliff after the co-main. I was half thinking of going to that one aswell. Dodged a bit of a bullet there
    That fight night card is looking sweet. Much better looking as a whole card than 219 & 220.

Not looking forward to Miocic vs Ngannou?!

I think he means counting down from the top. So main & co-main = good. The rest = not so much

Also Rogan was going on about Jeremy Stephens 1 punch knockout power again the other night, he hasn't punched anyone out since 2011! He has only had 2 knockouts since then, 1 was a flying knee the other a head kick.

cliggg wrote: »
    I think he means counting down from the top. So main & co-main = good. The rest = not so much
    Yeah this is what I meant. Obviously the main and co-main are outstanding but not much else. I suppose when they put on cards on the east coast they don't necessarily need to stack them to the hilt. But I am surprised that they rescheduled Usman v Meek for the fight night card - it would have been a solid addition to the 220 card, especially considering it was already scheduled for the main card of 219

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Also Rogan was going on about Jeremy Stephens 1 punch knockout power again the other night, he hasn't punched anyone out since 2011! He has only had 2 knockouts since then, 1 was a flying knee the other a head kick.

I think he is heavy hitter, but his opponents are aware of it and it's easy to avoid tbh. He's not the greatest technically.

Yeah this is what I meant. Obviously the main and co-main are outstanding but not much else.

Aha yes, bit of a stinker alright but the money is the in the co and the main.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Will be interesting to hear Gunni talk about his future tomorrow on the MMA hour. Sounds like that KO really changed his outlook on fighting.

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/950116514950189058

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Will be interesting to hear Gunni talk about his future tomorrow on the MMA hour. Sounds like that KO really changed his outlook on fighting.

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/950116514950189058
    Man the amount of fighters they can get per show is very impressive. Kavanagh has been campaigning for Gunni to fight either Thompson or Till for months now. I think he's gonna headline the London card against Till, he is very popular in Europe.

I was looking at the next couple of UFC events and saw theres a card headlined by Machida vs Erik Anders. I must say, it's the first time in the my 11 or 12 years following the sport that there's a fighter headlining an event and I've literally never heard of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Man the amount of fighters they can get per show is very impressive. Kavanagh has been campaigning for Gunni to fight either Thompson or Till for months now. I think he's gonna headline the London card against Till, he is very popular in Europe.

Till won't take the Gunni fight. It's no benefit to him, Gunni is ranked lower and coming off a loss. Till's next fight will be Masvidal or Covington. I think it will be Covington.

Till won't take the Gunni fight. It's no benefit to him, Gunni is ranked lower and coming off a loss. Till's next fight will be Masvidal or Covington. I think it will be Covington.
    True but Till is still calling out Perry who isn't ranked at all now and coming off a loss. I think if offered a headline fight in England he would say yes without even knowing the opponent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

I was looking at the next couple of UFC events and saw theres a card headlined by Machida vs Erik Anders. I must say, it's the first time in the my 11 or 12 years following the sport that there's a fighter headlining an event and I've literally never heard of him.
    Your watching UFC over 10 years and never heard of the Dragon ?:confused:

Gamb!t wrote: »
    I believe he is referring to Eryk "Ya Boy" Anders http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Eryk-Anders-93407

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,199 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Gamb!t wrote: »

Not sure if you're just joking, but there are 2 fighters in a headliner.

Presumably he's never heard of Anders.

I believe he is referring to Eryk "Ya Boy" Anders http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Eryk-Anders-93407

Wrong link, here the correct one

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erik-Anders

DrPhilG wrote: »

Not joking, he said he had never heard of 1 of the fighters. Anders is the 1 he was referring to.

My mistake sorry,misread,thought he was referencing both fighters.

Wrong link, here the correct one

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erik-Anders

Oh so Machida is fighting against an actual farm? Man i'll be an interested spectator that night!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,199 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Not joking, he said he had never heard of 1 of the fighters. Anders is the 1 he was referring to.

Cross posting - I was replying to Gamb!t when I asked if he was joking.

Cross posting - I was replying to Gamb!t when I asked if he was joking.

Crap, yes I never noticed that. Sorry

Yeah I was referring to Erik Anders. Of course I've heard of Machida! Haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

• Advertisement

ricero wrote: »
    No ducking title defences from Max unlike someone else.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement