Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk3 - **No Spoilers Use Event Threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,822 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

dulux99 wrote: »
    Griffin's first book is brilliant. I've read that three times, much different to the others.

It's years since I read that, might go back to it.

It was certainly the funniest of them all though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

mailburner wrote: »
    so what are the best mma books out there?

One of the best i've ever read is Total MMA by Jonathan Snowden, however it's 10 years old now and I read it when it came out. So it won't be very up to date.

Wouldn't mind an updated version

• Registered Users Posts: 23,822 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I read Paddy's and it's grand to be honest, no more no less. Chuck Liddells is totally forgettable, I forgot I even read it.

If you want to read a brilliant book about a combat sports athlete I'd recommend Andy Lee's book.

Cheers for that one, will get that book before xmas.

I'd be thinking cody's book is probably forgettable, gsp book gets
    good reviews but I'm not so sure about that one.
    I read the reviews on matt hughes....nuff said

It probably helps the likes of leben, hunt, griffin and bisping are
    all characters in their own way.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭JimmyAlfonso

mailburner wrote: »
    I got the audiobook, very good and it would make you appreciate
    the man ever more.

I'd probably go with the book if you prefer that option, the lad doing the
    audio I found very annoying every time he put on an american accent for dana especially.

Agree with everything you say here. Excellent overall but that horrific almost computer generated american accent was annoying.
    I only knew the backend of Bispings career so it was good to get to know the making of him

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Paulie Malignaggi has congratulated Jason Knight and proposes they fight next.
    He also proposes they wear gloves. Desperate stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ElBastardo1

Mellor wrote: »
    Paulie Malignaggi has congratulated Jason Knight and proposes they fight next.
    He also proposes they wear gloves. Desperate stuff.

Poor Paulie, people respect him as an analyst so why is he chasing this sort of stuff. He was finished when Egglington beat him. The Artem fight must be a new low for him, to be beaten by a very very low standard boxer. He's just pissing all over his career now, he needs to let it go.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,340 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

UFC having a card on 21st March in London (a Saturday)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

The goat khabib vs Ferguson scheduled for April 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭dashoonage

ricero wrote: »

How long must I wait....

• Advertisement

Still not official. But Khabib has apparently signed.
    that’s the date that’s been thrown around for a while. Khabib wont fight any later than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Until they're actually in the cage, door locked, and the bell rings, I won't believe it's happening.

Tazzimus wrote: »
    Until they're actually in the cage, door locked, and the bell rings, I won't believe it's happening.

Fight is absolutely cursed

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

Considering going over to New York for this one. I wonder how much decent tickets will be. I paid about 1000 for 205 back in the day so God knows.

Deadst4r wrote: »
    Considering going over to New York for this one. I wonder how much decent tickets will be. I paid about 1000 for 205 back in the day so God knows.
    205 was a special case though. It had a gate of $18m. The other MSG events were $6m or less.
    And in Brooklyn it’s was $3m.
    This will do more than $3m, but won’t be breaking records. So tickets will be much more accessible.

Mellor wrote: »
    205 was a special case though. It had a gate of $18m. The other MSG events were $6m or less.
    And in Brooklyn it’s was $3m.
    This will do more than $3m, but won’t be breaking records. So tickets will be much more accessible.

Hmmm interesting. I was supposed to see this fight the night before 194 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

You're a brave man :D

You're a brave man :D

A polite way of saying stupid. I'm not sure that I will commit. It's not even officially confirmed yet. Wonder will they wait until the next event to announce it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

A polite way of saying stupid. I'm not sure that I will commit. It's not even officially confirmed yet. Wonder will they wait until the next event to announce it.

Alot can go wrong in 5 months, I certainly wouldn't fancy taking that chance personally anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭MUFC91CS

It's sad that a fight of this magnitude gets announced and you can't even get excited about it :(

• Advertisement

Alot can go wrong in 5 months, I certainly wouldn't fancy taking that chance personally anyway.

Nah I sort of need a trip anyway and was considering New York so it might be good to arrange it around the event.

If the main fell through I'd be disappointed but they could stack the card anyways.

MUFC91CS wrote: »
    It's sad that a fight of this magnitude gets announced and you can't even get excited about it :(

It hasn’t been announced officially yet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Latifis fighting Derek Lewis on that Houston card.

Some great fights so far

• Registered Users Posts: 4,348 ✭✭✭Homelander

Would look forward to that but think Lewis would lay him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,515 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

ricero wrote:
    The goat is the light heavyweight champion. The current pound for pound rankings leader is the light heavyweight champion.

eagle eye wrote: »
    The goat is the light heavyweight champion. The current pound for pound rankings leader is the light heavyweight champion.

pffft... Artem would like you to hold his beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

eagle eye wrote: »
    You mean the rankings that are decided by a random group of media people?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,523 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Love to see Tony win I would open up the division .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Love to see Tony win I would open up the division .

Tony will be smashed.

Khabib will retire the most dominant champion in the history of mma.

• Advertisement

Tony will be smashed.

Khabib will retire the most dominant champion in the history of mma.

ah lads the man has won the belt and defended twice. he has a long way to go to become the most dominant champ .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement