Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friend won't move out!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Wow neck and jockey come to mind, do you think he may have copied the key? Would it be worth changing the locks? I’d be afraid he’s arrive back and give your folks the poor me and sucker them for somewhere to stay. €50 a week sure he was laughing!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

number19 wrote: »
    So he found someone else in Rathfarnham that is willing to put him up but only for a couple of weeks and moved out last night(I spent 3 hours helping him move out and he still has stuff in my house!). He said he is unlikely to find somewhere else by the time he moves out of the other guys house so he'll have to come back to mine again. I told him I can't put him up anymore because my parents have to stay here for the next few months, he then started messaging me telling me he'll be homeless if I don't let him come back. I'm not letting him come back and I won't be having anything to do with him any longer, as many of you have said, he's not a proper friend, spoilt brat that has caused me a lot of aggro over the last few weeks when I was only doing him a favour. I told him I'd given him plenty of notice and I'd helped him as much as I could and if he doesn't find anywhere he'll have to move to the other friend's place in Tallaght or move back home, he wasn't too happy.

"Tough sh!t Johnny. You've had more than enough time to sort out somewhere permanent"

• Registered Users Posts: 27,134 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

kylith wrote: »
    "Tough sh!t Johnny. You've had more than enough time to sort out somewhere permanent"

Not to mention save for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I don't see why you have to stress about this guy any longer.

Simply ignore his calls and texts unless its to do with him retrieving his things.

When your parents are back, let THEM tell him the house is off limits.

He has offers of other places to stay, he's not desperate. I wish I had parents in blanch offering me a room. If my landlord ups the rent I'm screwed and genuinely wouldn't have his options. He sounds like a man-child used to being looked after

• Registered Users Posts: 2,725 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

The only reason why it became "your" problem was because you were giving him a dig out.

Maybe next time just message back with "you are not my responsibility" and leave it at that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

What an absolute tool......Good on ya for being a good mate though in his time of need, I just don't understand people sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,006 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

So he found someone else in Rathfarnham that is willing to put him up but only for a couple of weeks and moved out last night(I spent 3 hours helping him move out and he still has stuff in my house!). He said he is unlikely to find somewhere else by the time he moves out of the other guys house so he'll have to come back to mine again. I told him I can't put him up anymore because my parents have to stay here for the next few months, he then started messaging me telling me he'll be homeless if I don't let him come back. I'm not letting him come back and I won't be having anything to do with him any longer, as many of you have said, he's not a proper friend, spoilt brat that has caused me a lot of aggro over the last few weeks when I was only doing him a favour. I told him I'd given him plenty of notice and I'd helped him as much as I could and if he doesn't find anywhere he'll have to move to the other friend's place in Tallaght or move back home, he wasn't too happy.

I'd still be changing front and back door locks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Tenigate

He said he is unlikely to find somewhere else by the time he moves out of the other guys house so he'll have to come back to mine again. I told him I can't put him up anymore because my parents have to stay here for the next few months, he then started messaging me telling me he'll be homeless if I don't let him come back.

What a dope that he thinks that's even an option.
    I'd nearly be tempted to string him along just to give him a reality check at the last minute.
    Like so many homeless, the problem is often the "homeless" person simply found another way to spend their income instead of prioritising a roof over their head. I reckon your friend may be saving for something, either that or is just bad with money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Tenigate wrote: »
    just bad with money.

^^this will do.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

If he keeps bothering you about coming back, tell him IT'S NOT YOUR HOUSE!!! This wasn't your decision to make before and it's not now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Citygirl1

What a leech!

I wouldn't get involved in stringing him along, mentioning anything about leases etc. Just make it very clear, in no uncertain terms that he will not be staying in your (parents') place again.

As a matter of interest, what is his objection to moving to the place that's available in Tallaght? Does he have some ideas against Tallaght? Or is it simply that he'd actually have to pay rent in that place, as opposed to leeching off you or his other friend in Rathfarnham? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Calypso Realm

He said he is unlikely to find somewhere else by the time he moves out of the other guys house so he'll have to come back to mine again.

Interesting the way he appears to willing to abide by the time limit set by the other guy, while at the same time ignoring your wishes!

This fellow is something else. If he approaches you again, you could always tell him to ask the other guy if he could extend his stay. :) Not that it should come to this, if you (as you ought to) cut him off completely!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭ManOfMystery

The neck on some people astonishes me.

Now that you can see that he's not really a friend and thus you're no longer invested in any kind of friendship or relationship with him, if he contacts you again I hope you can treat him as you would treat any other randomer who thinks they can move into your house - be telling him to go fellate himself.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I'd still be changing front and back door locks.
    And phone number.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 number19

Citygirl1 wrote: »
    What a leech!

I wouldn't get involved in stringing him along, mentioning anything about leases etc. Just make it very clear, in no uncertain terms that he will not be staying in your (parents') place again.

As a matter of interest, what is his objection to moving to the place that's available in Tallaght? Does he have some ideas against Tallaght? Or is it simply that he'd actually have to pay rent in that place, as opposed to leeching off you or his other friend in Rathfarnham? :mad:

He is paying €100+ a week for the short stay he has in Rathfarnham so no wonder he is keen to come back to mine. His reasons for not accepting the offer in Tallaght(again would have been €100+ a week) were ridiculous, something to do with it being too far to cycle to his job, when I suggested he just got the bus he wasn't too happy. The guy in Tallaght is actually a friend of mine so it was a bit of a dilemma for me, should I warn my friend or not? As it turned out, your man went out to Tallaght last night and talked to him about finally taking up his offer but then he bitched about what happened with me and my friend fobbed him off with an excuse, he told me he didn't want to invite that into his home(he knew I was only putting your man up and of course that his Tallaght offer was made weeks ago), don't blame him! I guess he is going to have to move back home to Blanch for the time being if he still can't find anywhere else, I certainly won't be putting myself out for him anymore!! The only thing is I still have to arrange with him to collect the rest of his stuff in my house, he also didn't pay for this last week and has to square up on bills(he was heavy on utilities!). Not sure if I should chase that though, just want his stuff out of my house and to not have anything to do with him anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

So he could have had that place in Tallaght if he wasn't bad mouthing you so much, he's made himself a rod for his own back so. Seems like your friend doesn't want him to stay with him anyway, rightly so.
    Also, he can move back home to Blanch? Well he's not going to be bloody homeless then is he?

Op, be glad you've got rid of this leech from your life. You can tell him he'd not getting his stuff back until he pays you what he owes. Make sure you change the locks so he doesn't come back to retrieve his things when you are out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

If I were you I would arrange to meet him with his stuff away from the house in case he uses it as an opportunity to weasel his way back in. I'd also strongly reconsider this friendship with him, he's shown his true colours and is unlikely to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Calypso Realm

Agree completely with above. Actually, I'm wondering what happened in the last place he stayed? (I guess we have enough info at this point to predict a likely outcome!) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

What a user! You're lucky he's gone (for now). If he wants to move back again tell him that your parents have arranged for a friend of the family to stay in the house while they are away.

I would strongly advise you to get the locks changed when your parents come back the way yer man can't weasel his way in some night. I wouldn't put it past him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

Emme wrote: »
    What a user! You're lucky he's gone (for now). If he wants to move back again tell him that your parents have arranged for a friend of the family to stay in the house while they are away.

I would strongly advise you to get the locks changed when your parents come back the way yer man can't weasel his way in some night. I wouldn't put it past him.

The bolded part, I cannot agree with. Why can't you just tell this ponce HE'S NOT COMING BACK!!!! I would not care if he had to sleep on O'Connell St - He's not coming back. You do not have to give a reason. It's not his house. He pays no rent. He pays no mortgage. He pays no bills. Tell him to Foxtrot Oscar!

Looks as though your other friends have him booked right off.

Get the locks changed before your Mum and Dad get back and block that mug from your phone. Cut him out like a coupon. He's no friend of yours. He's a ******* parasite!

• Advertisement
Advertisement