Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NRL and all things Rugby League down under 2018.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Wherever he goes the team seems to lift. I don't think he gets the credit he deserves sometimes. 2 titles with 2 clubs doesn't happen too often.

I've always liked him as a player - interesting to note that the clubs he has left have always suffered a bit after his departure - Sharks could do with him at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,912 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Josh Reynolds out for at least a month with a shoulder injury. He's looked good for the Tigers this year.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Junior Paulo is heading back to Parramatta next year. Too late to help them this season their forwards are terrible. Strong rumours too about Bellamy to take over from Bennett maybe as early as next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

Rollercoaster continues

Rollercoaster continues

Doesn't sound like it was much of a game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Just saw highlights of Warriors vs Dragons. Looked like a great one.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

:mad: Ah well had to happen.Roll on Wed V Roosters. Been to the Anzac game a few times. Always a great day out. Dragons have a decent record in this game. A Wednesday is not ideal tho and the Roosters have an extra days recovery.

Delighted with the Warriors win, honestly thought after last week they'd struggle. Only caught up with the game now, thoroughly enjoyable.

Broncos vs Storm was another good game. Looked like Broncos were mounting a fightback but Storm pulled clear. Wasn't sure about that Slater try but NRL officials are adamant it was legit.

Hope the games Sky show on Saturday are as good as today's ones. Sky Sports Action showing the last two games: Tigers vs Knights and Cowboys vs Titans. I'm especially looking forward to Tigers versus Knights. Not sure Ponga can help Knights win this one but who knows?!

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Media is all about the refs again ftom the storm game. They spend too much time on it. They make mistakes move on. It's been an exciting season so far focus on the games.

• Advertisement

Bunnies hammering the Raiders.

Good first half for the Knights with the wind behind them, defended repeat sets really well.

Fantastic game, thought the Knights had blown it early 2nd half but what a finish. Brilliant.

Cowboys look like they're finally going to win again. Damp squib of a game though.

Just seen Mitchell Pearce could be out for the season for the Knights, that's pretty sh*t after such a great win.

Hell of a result for the Knights. Sorry to hear about Pearce's injury though.

Parramatta finally get one in the win column. Did it in style too, hammered Manly. Hayne went off before the second half, coincidence? I think not.

Sharks beat the Panthers just now, 26 - 22 another five minutes I think the Panthers would have caught them.

Knights confirmed Pearce is out for 16 weeks.

Manly need to nip this Hastings drama in the bud I reckon, their season could implode very easily there's a lot more going on that we've heard. Well done to the eels this is what people were expecting from round 1. I agree re Hayne Tom. He's a distraction, a bad influence around training and his bad attitude far overtook his talent a long time ago.

Impressive win for the Sharks given their injury problems. Surprised by the margin of the Eels win. Wonder if this will be a turning point for them.

Anyone recommend a good weekly NRL podcast to keep me entertained on the boring trip to work.

Danick wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a good weekly NRL podcast to keep me entertained on the boring trip to work.

I listen to the Full 80 . Bunch of lads from Canberra one supports South's one supports the eels the other is a raiders fan. Done In their garage. No nonsense I like it

• Advertisement

Danick wrote: »

You could try the Six Tackles with Gus podcast. Most recent one here:

https://omny.fm/shows/six-tackles-with-gus/six-tackles-round-7

Thanks a million guys - I'll check these out.

Free access to the Watch NRL site for the ANZAC day games. Just register here. (You don't have to add any payment details)

https://www.watchnrl.com/subscribe/anzac?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=watch-nrl&utm_content=nrl-r8-preview-cancelled-anzac-day

So the Roosters v Dragons and Storm v Warriors should be free to watch.

Free access to the Watch NRL site for the ANZAC day games. Just register here. (You don't have to add any payment details)

https://www.watchnrl.com/subscribe/anzac?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=watch-nrl&utm_content=nrl-r8-preview-cancelled-anzac-day

So the Roosters v Dragons and Storm v Warriors should be free to watch.

Excellent - thanks

That was some defence from the Dragons, must be worrying for the Roosters to have all that ball inside opposition 20 and only have 2 points to show for it. Handy lead now for St George with that try on half time.

That last try from the Dragons is a farce. He lost the ball, how they couldn't see that on 85 replays I don't know.

That was some defence from the Dragons, must be worrying for the Roosters to have all that ball inside opposition 20 and only have 2 points to show for it. Handy lead now for St George with that try on half time.

must be worrying for the roosters to spend all that money and still be Sh1te

Yeah, might not bother with the second half of the Warriors Storm game :(

must be worrying for the roosters to spend all that money and still be Sh1te

Agree but the roosters are one of those teams that can splutter their way thru the season then once origin is over and the premiership takes full attention they switch on and put a huge string of wins together and fly into the finals with full momentum. That's why I keep telling my dragons brethren to calm down the excitement.

• Advertisement

Felt sorry for the Warriors. That was the kind of outcome typical of last season. Hopefully just a blip.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement