Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

84/a connects to Luas .... 7 years later

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭bebeman

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Single change connections where it's logical and makes sense such as when going from one side of the city to another not just when going 800m from Bray DART station to Bray Main Street.

That being said I do think the 84 should stop serving the DART station in Bray it's a needless diversion that's there so drivers can be changed. If the 145 can bypass The Dart Station I don't see why the 84 can't also.

I can tell you dont have a clue about Bray and DB routes out there!
    That 800m from train station up to the church could take 20-30 minutes if Bray is in a bad way, which is very frequent.
    Would you like the 45A to skip the Train station as well?
    The 84 goes down to the station to pick up passengers who have got of the DART which terminates in Bray and then brings them on to greystones/kilcoole/newcastle.

L1011 wrote: »
    Single change connections are what I'm supporting here - the unauthorized route alteration is adding an extra

Stick to posting about Maynooth, you clearly know nothing about Bray and DB.

Seriously though, losing connectivity to Bray Station is crazy. Why are Rail/Bus connections so disregarded?

Its bad now that DB do it, but will be wonderful next year when Go Ahead operate these routes.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

bebeman wrote: »
    Stick to posting about Maynooth, you clearly know nothing about Bray and DB.

Civility to other members is not just a desirable trait here, it is a pre-requisite to you being allowed to post.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,502 ✭✭✭✭L1011

May or may not turn up? What are you on about, this would have been organised by the inspector at Bray station, they would have been in radio contact with the 84

So will they hold the 84, delaying its pax and blocking a stop / road as applicable if it's running ahead then?

This kind of 'flexibility' is anti-passenger and they are who a bus firm operate for. Unauthorised route changes are not justifiable

• Advertisement

So will they hold the 84, delaying its pax and blocking a stop / road as applicable if it's running ahead then?

This kind of 'flexibility' is anti-passenger and they are who a bus firm operate for. Unauthorised route changes are not justifiable

There is a distinct anti DB bias by some posters here, posting completely false/uninformed rants, anyone who uses the 84 or DB out in Bray can see this, ultimately this is beneficial to DB

Do you even use the 84?

anyone who uses the 84 or DB out in Bray can see this, ultimately this is beneficial to DB

Beneficial to DB is sod all use to the inconvenienced passengers and has been my entire point all along!

DB will be gone completely in a decade if this attitude continues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

I can tell you dont have a clue about Bray and DB routes out there!
    That 800m from train station up to the church could take 20-30 minutes if Bray is in a bad way, which is very frequent.
    Would you like the 45A to skip the Train station as well?
    The 84 goes down to the station to pick up passengers who have got of the DART which terminates in Bray and then brings them on to greystones/kilcoole/newcastle.

So you're even admitting that those passengers getting off the DART at Bray would be quicker to walk up to The Main St. than get a bus.

Beneficial to DB is sod all use to the inconvenienced passengers and has been my entire point all along!

Keep posting uninformed rants, it only shows you have a anti DB bias, this only opens the eyes of other posters to the level of anti DB bias here. Those who use the 84 or DB out in Bray can see you are posting nonsense, this can only benefit DB in the long run.

• Advertisement

So you're even admitting that those passengers getting off the DART at Bray would be quicker to walk up to The Main St. than get a bus.

Every passenger can walk?

Keep posting uninformed rants, it only shows you have a anti DB bias, this only opens the eyes of other posters to the level of anti DB bias here. Those who use the 84 or DB out in Bray can see you are posting nonsense, this can only benefit DB in the long run.

It's an anti badly run service argument. No rant, and it's coincidental that DB are running it.

No bias

It's an anti badly run service argument. No rant, and it's coincidental that DB are running it.

No bias

Do you use the 84?
    Simple question.
    Your posts on the matter lead me to believe you dont

Every passenger can walk?

Well presently the lift in Bray DART station is out of order and often is so I wouldn't want to be a wheelchair user relaying on the DART to Bray and then a bus onwards.

Do you use the 84?
    Simple question.
    Your posts on the matter lead me to believe you dont

Irrelevant distraction.

You have stated the service is run to the benefit of DB not the passengers. It's a badly run service and you are trying to construct an defense for the indefensible

Irrelevant distraction.

You have stated the service is run to the benefit of DB not the passengers. It's a badly run service and you are trying to construct an defense for the indefensible

Of course it relevant, im a man, do you think i could go to the female forum and post about period pain remedies?
    What would i know about that, i have never experienced it, likewise how can someone who has never traveled on the 84 pass comment on it?

Of course it relevant, im a man, do you think i could go to the female forum and post about period pain remedies?
    What would i know about that, i have never experienced it, likewise how can someone who has never traveled on the 84 pass comment on it?

I use buses. I know how inconvenienced pax are by unauthorised route changes like that.

You have stated it is being done for DBs benefit. Screwing the passengers.

Do you use the service? As a passenger, that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hugh Jampton

A decent bus connection would be cheaper.

Explain to me how a bus between Bray Station and Dundrum would be cheaper to run than between Bray Station and Brides Glen.

Explain to me how a bus between Bray Station and Dundrum would be cheaper to run than between Bray Station and Brides Glen.

Cheaper to run a bus than build a Luas line. Also Bray to Broombridge, Brides Glen to Broombridge is bad enough as is it would be one hell of a journey that would require extra rolling stock look at the problems the opening of Luas CC caused with frequency since the extra trams have yet to go into service, an extension to Bray would cause even more problems. So it would be a lot cheaper to run a bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hugh Jampton

Cheaper to run a bus than build a Luas line. Also Bray to Broombridge, Brides Glen to Broombridge is bad enough as is it would be one hell of a journey that would require extra rolling stock look at the problems the opening of Luas CC caused with frequency since the extra trams have yet to go into service, an extension to Bray would cause even more problems. So it would be a lot cheaper to run a bus.

You’ve misread me. I support the bus connection between Bray Station and Brides Glen. Extending the Luas to Bray isn’t likely before the southern section of the Green Line gets converted to Metro. Given the glacially slow timetable for New Metro North I won’t be holding my breath waiting for that to happen.

• Advertisement

There is a distinct anti DB bias by some posters here, posting completely false/uninformed rants, anyone who uses the 84 or DB out in Bray can see this, ultimately this is beneficial to DB

Irrelevant distraction.

I use buses. I know how inconvenienced pax are by unauthorised route changes like that.

You have stated it is being done for DBs benefit. Screwing the passengers.

Do you use the service? As a passenger, that is.

Keep it up, the more you post the better for DB, as i stated initially, anyone who uses the 84 or DB in the Bray area can clearly see you know nothing about the situation, it is just you going on a anti DB rant, this is ultimately beneficial to DB, these posters who use the 84 or DB in bray now know to discard any criticism of DB you have, as you just have a anti DB stance and you dont know anything about 84 or Bray, why should anyone believe any other criticisms you have of DB?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Keep it up, the more you post the better for DB, as i stated initially, anyone who uses the 84 or DB in the Bray area can clearly see you know nothing about the situation, it is just you going on a anti DB rant, this is ultimately beneficial to DB, these posters who use the 84 or DB in bray now know to discard any criticism of DB you have, as you just have a anti DB stance and you dont know anything about 84 or Bray, why should anyone believe any other criticisms you have of DB?

Play the ball and not the man — in other words, focus on the topic or point of debate / contention and forget about who you think the poster is or what you think they know.

— moderator

Supposed to be new timetable by the end of february, maybe a change of route?

Advertisement