Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would this ad from KFC encourage or discourage you to eat chicken and if so why?

Options

Comments

Would you ever take your agenda and shove it up your vaccine free, detoxed, vegan, I'll believe anything as long there's a youtube video on it and it suits my worldview hole.

In fairness to the op it's not a vegan video. It's a genuine ad by KFC. If you watched it you'd see that it shows a chicken dancing to rap music.

I saw it on tv a few days ago, didn't realise what it was for, just saw a funky chicken dancing. Then came to the end and thought.. wtf? I don't wanna eat the dancing chicken!

So I get what the op is saying. I don't think it's great advertising. I don't think it would discourage everyone, I think it could discourage some people, particularly children. Thats hardly good advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Would this advertisement from KFC encourage or discourage you to eat chicken and if so why?

It would have zero influence on me. But nothing would encourage me to eat it from KFC though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

In fairness to the op it's not a vegan video. It's a genuine ad by KFC. If you watched it you'd see that it shows a chicken dancing to rap music.

I saw it on tv a few days ago, didn't realise what it was for, just saw a funky chicken dancing. Then came to the end and thought.. wtf? I don't wanna eat the dancing chicken!

So I get what the op is saying. I don't think it's great advertising. I don't think it would discourage everyone, I think it could discourage some people, particularly children. Thats hardly good advertising.

OP just dumps food videos, usually with a vegan/food fad slant then dissappears.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I can't eat kfc. got a load of nuggets and goujons from m&s though as a treat i am looking forward to

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

bluewolf wrote: »
    I can't eat kfc. got a load of nuggets and goujons from m&s though as a treat i am looking forward to

Can't?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Got a dose of the trots from a branch about four years ago. Haven't been back since.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

If I'm going to eat crappy fried chicken it's gonna be in the form of a snackbox from a chipper. KFC has been a monumental disappointment any time I've darkened their doors on a sliding scale from bland to inedible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Got a dose of the trots from a branch about four years ago. Haven't been back since.
    You should try their chicken next time...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

'The Whole Chicken'...
    A quick google of KFC Brain/Lung might make you consider how literally you should take that.

The festive fries are an abomination. I’d rather they sprinkled them with powdered sh*te than whatever that is they do use. A truly awful idea.

Incredibly disappointment when I treated myself for lunch a week ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

'The Whole Chicken'...
    A quick google of KFC Brain/Lung might make you consider how literally you should take that.

So so tasty

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Can't?

oh coeliac
    one who has just discovered the m&s gf range

• Registered Users Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

'The Whole Chicken'...
    That looks like something you would get on the special menu at a Chinese restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

Ask people about Pat Graces and they will tell you about the super chip and gravy :)

Somebody out there , a former employee, in a nursing home maybe, but someone ,somewhere, has the recipe.

It's in the national interest to find it, why are we wasting time on brexit?

I want super chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I like KFC when its good but our local (clarehall in Dublin) is ****ing awful so it puts me off going there at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Dexter Bip

Meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Never tried KFC...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,882 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The heavy, grease-laden odour that comes out of my local KFC does not entice me to eat there. Turns my stomach.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

I saw a thing on some programme like The One Show where a chef made a stab at recreating the secret recipe of KFC chicken. Supposedly came very close by guessing the ingredients. I wanted to give it a go myself but was too lazy and just went to KFC instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Would this advertisement from KFC encourage or discourage you to eat chicken and if so why?

You didn't have to go to the effort of posting a video. All you had to do was mention KFC and I want. I'll never be vegan and I don't care how the chicken are treated. They are bred to be eaten!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

It certainly wouldn't discourage me from eating KFC chicken, their chicken would discourage me from eating KFC chicken. I much prefer to eat a Supermacs snack box meal with two breasts and milk! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭Miss Demeanour

Quality of chicken and ethics aside.....that is one disturbing ad!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

I've eaten in KFC twice. There won't be a third time. Awful place. And I'm not a picky eater

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Agricola wrote: »
    I saw a thing on some programme like The One Show where a chef made a stab at recreating the secret recipe of KFC chicken. Supposedly came very close by guessing the ingredients. I wanted to give it a go myself but was too lazy and just went to KFC instead.

Sounds exciting.

I can do KFC, but wish they'd use their full name. KFC.... DUP.... KGB..... bad associations.

The Japanese have a tradition of gathering together to have KFC fried chicken on New Year's Eve (not too far off now) Not a bad idea given that, here, New Years Eve is traditionally one of the poorest nights out of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

About once a year I get a mad craving for KFC and I always feel like I’m dying after eating it. I had it there about 3 months ago and that new “burger” with chicken for buns is honestly the ****tiest fast food I’ve ever had. Like a flavorloss blob of salt and fat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

It wouldn't stop me eating there but I think (do t know whether it's down to the franchise or not) that it has gone down hill in the last few years so wouldn't eat at one now

• Registered Users Posts: 15,882 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    Sounds exciting.

I can do KFC, but wish they'd use their full name. KFC.... DUP.... KGB..... bad associations.

One of their own top execs mentioned the name change was to remove the word "fried", which has an unhealthy ring to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

whelan2 wrote: »
    Any time we have a kfc at least one of us ends up sick.

you're meant to stop at one bucket

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

I've eaten in KFC twice. There won't be a third time. Awful place. And I'm not a picky eater

drive through!! :cool:

Advertisement