Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would this ad from KFC encourage or discourage you to eat chicken and if so why?

Options
  • 09-12-2017 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Would this advertisement from KFC encourage or discourage you to eat chicken and if so why?

After watching the video would you be more lightly to enjoy eating chicken 21 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 21 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Were chickens harmed in the making of this production?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

I prefer choking my chicken

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

I didn’t even open it, I just saw that chicken and now I am in bed eating KFC...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Nice try, Colonel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I love KFC, so good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Your Face wrote: »
    Nice try, Colonel.

Equally nice try, Ronald!

antodeco wrote: »
    Equally nice try, Ronald!

Thanks, Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I've had people show me videos trying to turn me off KFC, they dont work cause it's just too delicious. I get it as a treat every few months and now that I'm thinking about it, today will be that day!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    I love KFC, so good!

The gravy is the best. I've been told how it's made and people expect that to change my mind on liking it, but it's just so tasty!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Reati

I never get why people think this kind of stuff would make people change habits.

It doesn't make me want KFC nor does it make me not want to eat it. It's just some weird ad that's trying to be funny but isn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Would this advertisement from KFC encourage or discourage you to eat chicken and if so why?

Would you ever take your agenda and shove it up your vaccine free, detoxed, vegan, I'll believe anything as long there's a youtube video on it and it suits my worldview hole.

neonsofa wrote: »
    The gravy is the best. I've been told how it's made and people expect that to change my mind on liking it, but it's just so tasty!

So good. I love the spicy wings and the skin off a leg. Guaranteed I'll be having KFC this weekend!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Your Face wrote: »
    Thanks, Pat

You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks!

It's Mr Pat McSupermac

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

The festive fries are an abomination. I’d rather they sprinkled them with powdered sh*te than whatever that is they do use. A truly awful idea.

antodeco wrote: »
    You address me by my proper title, you little bollocks!

It's Mr Pat McSupermac

The burger king?

There used to be a place in Balbriggan that did fried chicken. KFC gravy was like ditchwater compared to theirs.
    Everyone knew it was made from all the greasy crap left over from cooking the chicken but nobody cared. It was legendary and people still talk about it now over 10 years after it closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

How do you"lightly enjoy chicken"?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

There used to be a place in Balbriggan that did fried chicken. KFC gravy was like ditchwater compared to theirs.
    Everyone knew it was made from all the greasy crap left over from cooking the chicken but nobody cared. It was legendary and people still talk about it now over 10 years after it closed.

If you're ever in Limerick visit the "Chicken Hut". Everyone knows how the gravy is made and like that, nobody cares. It is a thing of legend.

Im so sad I missed this :(

I get judged by people for pouring a sachet of salt into the kfc gravy. I'm admitting it here among other kfc lover so that you can try it and realise how it changes things for the better. So bad for your health but so tasty. Their mash is tasty as well actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,209 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Any time we have a kfc at least one of us ends up sick.

• Advertisement

whelan2 wrote: »

From eating so much because it's so good?

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    From eating so much because it's so good?

No from eating food that hasn't been cooked properly.

Im so sad I missed this :(

I get judged by people for pouring a sachet of salt into the kfc gravy. I'm admitting it here among other kfc lover so that you can try it and realise how it changes things for the better. So bad for your health but so tasty. Their mash is tasty as well actually.

Ask people about Pat Graces and they will tell you about the super chip and gravy :)

There’s a place called Pizza Hot ‘n’ Speedy in Castle Mill that do a gravy chips in a similar way, it’s nowhere near as good but it’s the only thing that sort of resembles it.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Sh!tty gangsta rap and cgi animals. Two big turnoffs for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭Reati

So, will this thread be better if we just start naming ad's that make you want a certain type of meat?

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭BurnUp78

whelan2 wrote: »

You'd think after getting sick the first few times you'd stop eating it..but i guess it tastes so good the food poisoning is worth it right?

Ask people about Pat Graces and they will tell you about the super chip and gravy :)

There’s a place called Pizza Hot ‘n’ Speedy in Castle Mill that do a gravy chips in a similar way, it’s nowhere near as good but it’s the only thing that sort of resembles it.

Instead of pub crawls I'll be do gravy trips to all these places! There's nothing worse than trying to find food that resembles a dish you loved somewhere else. I had this gorgeous curry once and no other curry compares and I'm always slightly disappointed by every curry i eat now. Place where i got it is gone now so I will never be able to try it again.

BurnUp78 wrote: »
    You'd think after getting sick the first few times you'd stop eating it..but i guess it tastes so good the food poisoning is worth it right?

Used to go often and it was fine. Then twice in a row we got sick. Blood in a drumstick and dodgy popcorn chicken. Also our local kfc wouldn't be the cleanest. Once , you'd think was a one off but after the second time we just dont go anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

I love chicken so an ad wouldn't encourage or discourage me from eating it.
    I saw a few pigs getting killed yesterday...wasn't pleasant but i'm still going to eat pig.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

The last thing I want to be reminded about before going into a fast food place is that they 'use the whole chicken' accompanied by gratuitous shots of the feet, wattles and beak

Advertisement