Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Tazzimus wrote: »
    I'll be "working" from home tomorrow, so will have this on to pass the time.
    Hopefully pre-loading starts today as well

Should start at 6pm at the earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Does anyone know if the current Pinnacle gun quests will remain after the update? I've about 10 more games of Gambit to play to get the Breakneck and won't get around to it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Does anyone know if the current Pinnacle gun quests will remain after the update? I've about 10 more games of Gambit to play to get the Breakneck and won't get around to it today.
    No reason for them to reset or disappear.
    I'm about 70% done with Revoker and Hush

Tazzimus wrote: »
    No reason for them to reset or disappear.
    I'm about 70% done with Revoker and Hush

I hope they don't, I started the Breakneck quest from scratch on Thursday last and would have got it done only for a wedding on Saturday and a massive hangover on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

The only thing that should reset is your Glory, Valor and Infamy ranks, the quests should stay as is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Quests are all due to carry over in the Shadowkeep. Weekly, Daily bounties are all going to get reset.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

HYPE!

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Think I might make a return to the game, what I have seen of Shadowkeep looks pretty interesting.

I did go to make a return when Season of Opulence started, but after playing for a few evenings it all felt very overwhelming with there being a pretty convoluted web of different progression systems and paths that had been introduced in the prior seasons that I had missed out on. Shadowkeep looks like a nice clean break as it should be being an annual update, and looks fairly welcoming to lapsed players like myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

82gb on steam for a game I already have installed :(

Anyone having much luck with the servers? Been stuck at the 'one moment please' loading screen for the last hour.

Edit: just got a queue position, I'm number 8180... Should be able to play around midnight woo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Queue Simulator 2019 is a beast of a game

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Game was at 214,000 concurrent players before it died.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Game was at 214,000 concurrent players before it died.

Place in queue seems to be increasing rather than decreasing! :D

Can't say it wasn't to be expected with 'New Light' coming on stream at the same time as Shadowkeep.

Great planning Bung(L)e! :pac: :pac:

Edit: finally got on late and the pve is not too bad at all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

Took the plunge and got about 90 mins in last night before I had to head off, though it sounds like I was lucky to even get that long in with the state the servers were in.

Enjoyed the few Shadowkeep campaign missions I managed to play, and really like what I have seen of the Armour 2.0 overhaul. The only slight negative I could find with anything was the overwhelming sense of familiarity that goes along with being taken back to a location that we have explored ad nauseam in the franchise already. Don't get me wrong, it's cool to see the changes and the Red Keep looks fantastic, but I didn't get the same rush of excitement that I usually get when booting up an annual expansion for the first time and get to explore a location that is entirely new for the franchise. I'm sure as I progress and things open up a bit more that feeling may dissipate, and I really like the overall tone of the expansion.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,676 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Quick question, are there still people playing this online?also Is there a new destiny in the pipeline?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Yes and No. There was a rumour of a new Destiny 3 but I think it has fallen to the wayside now. Destiny 2 is expected to run for another few years. With New Light (Free) Destiny 2, I expect to see the numbers playing it jump as they are effectively getting 2 years worth of free content...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,676 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Grand, so if I was to buy destiny 2 now for multiplayer online which is the version/bundle to get as I'm seeing seeing versions?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Well, if you haven't played before I wouldn't buy any. I would just get the Destiny 2 New Light game

https://www.gamesradar.com/destiny-2-new-light/

What is Destiny 2 New Light?

Again, New Light is a free-to-play entry point for Destiny 2. It's not a demo or a trial. It's a free, tailor-made version of the full game which focuses on content released before Destiny 2: Shadowkeep, the major expansion paired with New Light. It allows players to sample myriad Destiny 2 activities and destinations, and play with their friends, without spending a dime.

There is enough content in New Light to give you a years worth of Free gaming before you even need to consider Shadowkeep - the latest DLC

Eventually got on after midnight on Tuesday after the whol server fiasco and ended up playing until 6am...

I'm loving being back on the moon, I've heard a few people whine about re-using the old map but I personally love that they did that. It gives a great feeling of nostalgia whilst also delivering new content and activities.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Eventually got on after midnight on Tuesday after the whol server fiasco and ended up playing until 6am...

I'm loving being back on the moon, I've heard a few people whine about re-using the old map but I personally love that they did that. It gives a great feeling of nostalgia whilst also delivering new content and activities.

Agreed, I was just last night passing comment that I'd hope for more of the same with other areas, Venus, Dreadnought, etc.

• Advertisement

Bring back the Dreadnought!! Loved exploring that and the Court of Oryx was great craic with nine guardians!

Destiny 2 down for maintenance at 4pm today for 30 mins

Moon Locations Map (Spoilery)

https://i.imgur.com/aFLwQ9X.jpg

Interesting enough I was doing a Public Event around Anchor of Light today, I ended up killing a Trove Guardian (or somesuch) at the very back of the Public Event. He wasnt really participating...anyway once I had killed him one of the invisible \ broken pathways appeared, like in Forsaken when you had consumed the tinture, and it led me up and to the right towards a chest. It was just a normal chest but I was surprised to find one of those secret paths on the Moon.

(I apologise if that post makes no sense whatsoever...I shoudl have made a video)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Interesting enough I was doing a Public Event around Anchor of Light today, I ended up killing a Trove Guardian (or somesuch) at the very back of the Public Event. He wasnt really participating...anyway once I had killed him one of the invisible \ broken pathways appeared, like in Forsaken when you had consumed the tinture, and it led me up and to the right towards a chest. It was just a normal chest but I was surprised to find one of those secret paths on the Moon.

(I apologise if that post makes no sense whatsoever...I shoudl have made a video)

That knight spawns every few minutes and you can farm it to increase your light

This guy made a Video and also talks about using the Knight to level yourself quickly...nice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6ilTLMXCGU

It's about 6 min 30 seconds in to the video

913, the real grind starts now! Taking a good while to get used to "get bounties before you do things"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Daraa wrote: »
    913, the real grind starts now! Taking a good while to get used to "get bounties before you do things"

Yeah, Bounties are essential now for leveling your seasonal rank.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

aye, 903. bounties bounties everywhere

• Advertisement

Wheres the best play to find people to raid with these days? I have 4 lads (our mini clan has dwindled) who will be 920 by launch tomorrow and we'd like to find two more people who want to give it a decent wack. (ie. possibly keep going Sunday to get her done)

Advertisement