Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bayonetta 3 (Bayonetta 1 and 2 on Switch)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

The Bayonetta 2 announcement has actually got me thinking about what other Wii U games I'd like to see on Switch and there's really not many. We already have Mario Kart and aside from Pikman 3, Mario 3D World and Mario Maker, there's really not much. The HD Zelda games were ports already and while I'd like to see them on the Switch too, they're not essential when I have them on the Gamecube.

Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze deserves a bigger audience too. Such a wonderful game. Nintendo are known to make reliable hardware too, so a Switch could probably survive a couple temper-tantrum slams.

Was only recently looking to get into Bayonetta on the Wii U, so may as well hold off for this. Imagine the non-Nintendo owner reactions must be especially irked given OG Bayonetta's enjoyed something of a resurgence due to its recent PC port.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I don't get the preciousness around the Wii U, it was a console that ultimately failed because of quite a few reasons. Criticising people for not buying it yet pointing out all it's flaws over a period of time is a complete hypocrisy. I personally don't find it annoying at all that people didn't buy or support these games on the Wii U etc, gamers will buy what they want and what they like, if these games didn't suit them on the Wii U, how can that be criticised? Why would people spend money on something that they didn't want to buy? It's ridiculous to suggest that it's a 'tough luck' or whatever. I had a Wii U, I bought games for it and played them and enjoyed them. That is all you are entitled as a consumer, we are not entitled to some sort of collectors edition protection because you chose to buy a product when it was out. Choosing it to hold or gain value is completely your decision.

Sick of reading the same stuff after every release like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze deserves a bigger audience too. Such a wonderful game. Nintendo are known to make reliable hardware too, so a Switch could probably survive a couple temper-tantrum slams.

Was only recently looking to get into Bayonetta on the Wii U, so may as well hold off for this. Imagine the non-Nintendo owner reactions must be especially irked given OG Bayonetta's enjoyed something of a resurgence due to its recent PC port.
    I want tropical freeze. I rage sold it before completion and I still have dreams of finishing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Corholio wrote: »

Sick of reading the same stuff after every release like this.

That is a two way street though. Possibly with a signal controlled roundabout at either end.

Banjo wrote: »
    That is a two way street though. Possibly with a signal controlled roundabout at either end.

Roundabout is right :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's an evolution of DMC so if you didn't like then you might not like Bayonetta.

Have never played Bayonetta (though may have bought it for the 360) but I have played most of the DMC games and enjoyed them so I am sold :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,992 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

BAYONETTA 1 & 2 ON SWITCH RETAIN 720P FROM THEIR WII U RELEASES

http://m.filmweb.pl/news/Bayonetta+i+Bayonetta+2+na+Switcha+bez+1080p-126184

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/7jbzkd/bayonetta_12_on_switch_only_in_720p/

These ports seem like low level efforts, yet they've no qualms slapping full price tags on them. That's 720p both docked and in handheld. And let's not forget that the original game is a download code.

The Bayonetta information comes from a very vague and unreliable source, will wait for better sources. 720 is fine with Bayonetta's artstyle anyway, renders really well. I think it'll be a bit higher docked though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Don't give a monkeys about the resolution myself, I already own the games on WiiU, I think this will be the definitive edition and worth owning but it'll be a double dip on Bayonetta 2 and quadruple dip on the original!
    And the most important news is the new Bayonetta title, which is a massive deal.

Sigh

• Advertisement

Bayonetta 2 on Nintendo Switch to Include Local Multiplayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMmz9PURyWY

Didn't the WiiU have local multiplayer? What's the big whoopdedoo?
    (Bearing in mind I can't see the video)
    Is it local 2 switches multiplayer?

New trailer posted by Nintendo of Japan for the upcoming ports of the first 2 games.

Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2 Introduction Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqYZQigBZ9M

Bayonetta 2 On Switch Shows Off 60 Frames Per Second Bullet Arts

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/bayonetta-2-on-switch-shows-off-60-frames-per-seco/1100-6456491/

Digital Foundry's initial assessment of Bayonetta 2 on Switch.

Bayonetta 2 on Switch First Look: Improved Over Wii U!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_dOIAfVHxo

It performs very well for the vast majority.

Bayonetta & Bayonetta 2 - Overview Trailer (Nintendo Switch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBWNGwJpWko

• Registered Users Posts: 27,798 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Any price on the physical release yet?

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Any price on the physical release yet?

Is the first one not digital only?

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Is the first one not digital only?

I read that Bayonetta 1 & 2 come together but the first game is a redeemable code and Bayonetta 2 is on the cart

Open to correction though

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

Someone mentioned that Argos had them for €45. Should go live in the morning

I read that Bayonetta 1 & 2 come together but the first game is a redeemable code and Bayonetta 2 is on the cart

Open to correction though

Yea that's what I thought. Bayonetta 2 is on Amazon at the minute for £45 but the box that contains both is showing as currently unavailable.

I've never played them so will definitely be buying both but not sure if they are the types of game that you'd keep playing after completing.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Yea that's what I thought. Bayonetta 2 is on Amazon at the minute for £45 but the box that contains both is showing as currently unavailable.

I've never played them so will definitely be buying both but not sure if they are the types of game that you'd keep playing after completing.

You are in for a treat.

Some of the best action games ever made.

You are in for a treat.

Some of the best action games ever made.

I loved Ninja Gaiden and that was tough as nails. If this is half as good I'll love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

Digital Bayonetta is playable now, in case anyone else preloaded it!

I've been looking for the special edition, any idea where is the cheapest place to get it?
    Can't see it on Amazon or videogamesplus.ca

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I've been looking for the special edition, any idea where is the cheapest place to get it?
    Can't see it on Amazon or videogamesplus.ca

If you're getting it, get the Japanese one, it's the only one with Physical Bayonetta 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Digital download unlocked. Never played these before, started playing this on the way in to work. While I'm note sure about the art style, the combat is fantastic. It's so fluid moving from dodge to spin to attack, to guns. Looks like it will be lots of fun :)

Advertisement