Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony: We Cannot Ignore The Nintendo Switch

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,825 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Vita was sent out to die by Sony. No marketing and barely any support. They just didn't know what to do with it. They had a handheld coming out that had no place existing in a world of smartphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,593 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

The Switch to me is a disappointment. After the Wii it just seems like the lazy thing to do. The nephew has one and was showing me all the bits. There is not that much to it really its just a handheld computer that you can play on your TV. Not that new really sure Sony done it with the PSP. I like Nintendo have had the Cube the Wii both were brilliant computers and there handheld computers were brilliant computers but I just don't see what people see or think is so great about the Switch. To me its a big disappointment.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

AMKC wrote: »
    The Switch to me is a disappointment. After the Wii it just seems like the lazy thing to do. The nephew has one and was showing me all the bits. There is not that much to it really its just a handheld computer that you can play on your TV. Not that new really sure Sony done it with the PSP. I like Nintendo have had the Cube the Wii both were brilliant computers and there handheld computers were brilliant computers but I just don't see what people see or think is so great about the Switch. To me its a big disappointment.

But its completely different to the PSP, and neither are computers, they are game consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

It suits a lifestyle for a lot of people where they can play games at times that suits them better than being tied to a TV, with the added bonus of fitting in with TV time too. It helps that it already has some fantastic games available so early in its life cycle.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

You might find your use of the device disappointing but you'll find that the vast majority of voices of Switch owners are overwhelmingly positive about the console, both in terms of what it plays and how you can play it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,593 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    You might find your use of the device disappointing but you'll find that the vast majority of voices of Switch owners are overwhelmingly positive about the console, both in terms of what it plays and how you can play it.

I don,t have one my nephew has and is addicted to it. Its not for me I am not into downloading games. He even was struggling to get it to download some games. The game I seen was nothing special maybe if there is a Star Wars or Starfox or a GTA game on it then it might be interesting.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

I don,t have one my nephew has and is addicted to it. Its not for me I am not into downloading games. He even was struggling to get it to download some games. The game I seen was nothing special maybe if there is a Star Wars or Starfox or a GTA game on it then it might be interesting.

It’s sad that the appearance of GTA on a console would suddenly make It interesting. (Sony will release a new handheld with GTA exclusive lol)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I would imagine then that the entire current crop of home consoles is not for you, seeing as downloading games from their respective digital store fronts is where it's at, not to mention to online components of modern titles and the need for a download as the games, across all formats, receive updates.
    And, re GTA, why would having a franchise that is already available on four consoles, PS3/4+360/XBOne, not to mention the PC, make the Switch "interesting"?
    It's already interesting.
    Breath of the Wild is a game of the year, as is Super Mario Odyssey, not to mention Arms, Splatoon 2 and a heap of others.

Kinda unfortunate you are basing your entire judgement of a format on having a go of your nephew's Switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭764dak

The Vita can play over 1400 Vita games as well as many PS1 and PSP games.  Sony marketed it poorly and many gamers believe that it "has no games."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭764dak

wtlltw wrote: »

It’s sad that the appearance of GTA on a console would suddenly make It interesting. (Sony will release a new handheld with GTA exclusive lol)
    Rockstar released GTA games on GBC, GBA, DS, and PSP but not for 3DS or Vita.  Maybe they dislike handhelds now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement