Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchen extension, keep wall in centre or remove? (pics)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

I understand your plans are not to scale, but one thing that struck me, is will keeping the wall make the counter space opposite awkward in terms of lighting? Depending on where the sun in coming in, that wall could cast a shadow on the opposite workspace.

While they're saying it would be €2,500 to take that wall down now, get an idea of how much it would cost to do later (even in terms of your own time). While it might be 2.5k to do now while they're on site with all their stuff, it could be 3.5k (random figure) if they had to come back specially, plus the hours of your time levelling the floor, redoing the flooring etc.

End of the day, it's your time and money, and it sounds like you have enough space. Personally I'd go for a room divider/dresser in that spot instead, on the basis that would provide the extra storage, but I could position/reposition it easily.

Advertisement