Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On your deathbed

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

I want to die laughing

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'd just get out of bed. Screw you death, Ima live forever.

I want to go out the same way I came in - kicking and screaming, naked and wet!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I'd just get out of bed. Screw you death, Ima live forever.

They'll have to strap you back down on the gurney and turn on the Potassium Chloride pump. :pac:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

They'll have to strap you back down on the gurney and turn on the Potassium Chloride pump. :pac:

Who in Ireland actually ever says “gurney”? Get yer head outta the films, they’re stretchers or trolleys. God, I hate Americanisms :mad:

I’ll probably die a premature death due to stroke from years of raised blood pressure over the trivial things that annoy me so much :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Who in Ireland actually ever says “gurney”? Get yer head outta the films, they’re stretchers or trolleys. God, I hate Americanisms :mad:

I’ll probably die a premature death due to stroke from years of raised blood pressure over the trivial things that annoy me so much :D

Sorry, I was watching a Death Penalty by lethal injection documentary last night.:P:o

One of the stories was about a fella who broke out the straps before they got the drugs flowing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

No point worrying about it, it happens to everyone. Just bury me in the right cemetery is all I ask.

I'm on phone.

Can someone post the clip of the Life of Brian where they're saying "we demand to be crucified in a purely Jewish section!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 16,349 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I don't want to be on any deathbed, a heart attack would be ideal, gone before I knew what happened.

My maternal grandfather died very suddenly. He literally never knew what hit him. That's how I want to go, though I wouldn't mind a few days warning either so I can tell everyone anything I need to.

I saw a family member die eight years after a terminal diagnosis. There is nothing more agonising and frustrating that watching someone you love die a little more every day, helpless to change anything. Its a gamechanger.

I don't fear death, only dying. I imagine the eternal non-existence of death will be the same as the slight eternity of non-existence of before birth. I do envy those who feel secure in the knowledge that it's not the end, if only to see people I loved again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,293 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

I'm on phone.

Can someone post the clip of the Life of Brian where they're saying "we demand to be crucified in a purely Jewish section!!"

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Why do we always hear about the people that died peacefully but never about the ones that die roaring?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,349 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Knowing your about to be murdered must be the worst way of all to leave this world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

There is a young man, with eyes so blue, possibly in his early 20s.

Ive never met him.

A few weeks ago I typed a name into a social media search engine and there he was, looking back at me, with my own eyes and then I knew.

This young man is my Son.

Advertisement