Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Matt Chapman ITV/ATR

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Big fan of Chapman here, its a shame he doesnt present sunday forum more often, doesnt seem afraid to say what he thinks, and can also be very funny at times to, he's used terribly by ITV but then again as others have said, their coverage is muck, some of the lines from the presenters are so cringeworthy at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Slattsy wrote: »
    I liked him better when he was in Bros.

Bros before Hoes

Is it just me or is there a right smell of the mediterranean around here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

I hear he had a Sunday forum with Walsh last week. Where could one find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I hear he had a Sunday forum with Walsh last week. Where could one find it?

Might still be on ATR website

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Have been sure I heard him on a few programmes lately but could not find any info.

Was flicking through the channels and I thought I heard him on Dancing On Ice and sure enough it's him, the ****ing sell out :D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,843 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

flos1964 wrote: »
    Love my racing but he is the only one who makes me switch it off....they took the worst from all the racing channels and put them together on itv racing...just seen luke harvey got racing presenter of the year...jesus wept.

I thought that was a joke tbh :eek:

I like chapman but then again I liked big mac if only for the reason he'd have a go at a non trier from time to time and like someone said here you see it every day of the week a horse not running on merit yet nobody ever questions it.
    You don't bite the hand the feeds you either I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Cant believe ITV never took on Simon Holt and John Francome. 2 unbelievavle commentators/pundits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Urindanger

He's after quitting Dancing On Ice after one week. Too much stick from social media apparently. Wouldn't be caught dead watching that tripe so I've no idea how bad he was. Although I presume he was a little stuck for words as he can't name drop Rich Ricci or Faugheen The Machine (TM) every ten seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Urindanger wrote: »
    He's after quitting Dancing On Ice after one week. Too much stick from social media apparently. Wouldn't be caught dead watching that tripe so I've no idea how bad he was. Although I presume he was a little stuck for words as he can't name drop Rich Ricci or Faugheen The Machine (TM) every ten seconds.

Didn't quit, was sacked by ITV. Pretty harsh after one week but I wouldn't watch that junk if you paid me so not too upset.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Your talking about a different audience watching dancing on ice, happy clappers not sure champman was the right man for the job too direct!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Is Chapman in trouble? It looks like he was stood down on Irish National day after making a comment about the last fence of the national having more carnage than the M25 after a bank holiday weekend. Has not even been on Twitter since.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Is Chapman in trouble? It looks like he was stood down on Irish National day after making a comment about the last fence of the national having more carnage than the M25 after a bank holiday weekend. Has not even been on Twitter since.

There's been a few posts on instagram from him anyway. He blocked me on twitter I think for questioning him about why he writes for that absolute shiithouse of a rag.

Sensitive soul is our Matt, he's decent when presenting Sunday Forum and his paddock interviews can be very good. However he is a total narcissist and he is absolute cringe on ITV for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

He blocks anyone who says anything negative about him.

You just know the clown is sat at his laptop with his own name in a Twitter search.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

He does go way too far sometimes. Getting jocked off Dancing on Ice after one week should have been a wakeup call for him to dial it down a bit.
    However, I stood behind him at the Open meeting last November for a number of races and he always obliged when people came up looking for selfies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

He does go way too far sometimes. Getting jocked off Dancing on Ice after one week should have been a wakeup call for him to dial it down a bit.
    However, I stood behind him at the Open meeting last November for a number of races and he always obliged when people came up looking for selfies.

People give out about Mick Fitz and Tony McCoy being too bland and never saying anything insightful, can't have it every way. Yeah he can be OTT but there is no denying his enthusiasm and has a decent knowledge as well, more power to him I say.

Advertisement