Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should my friend make a complaint ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 OMW

kaymin wrote: »
    Ok, but what happened between him coming down and just before the first hit?

He knocked the door really loudly and shouted to open it, so my friend opened it. He then went for his computer to turn it off and my friend asked what r u at ect. and then he hit him

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

stevek93 wrote: »
    Tell your friend to contact the landlord. Advise landlord you are seeking legal advise

Poor landlord getting caught up in something that should have nothing to do with him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Two of you go in and beat the **** out of him and tell him he's moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Get Real

I personally wouldn't make an official complaint. It happened in the house, there's no cctv, and it could be possible that the house mate would make a complaint in return ( an untrue one out of maliciousness/revenge)

Then it's more or less a he said, he said scenario. In which case it is anyway, despite the fact you'd be a witness, depends on how good the other guy explains his "side" of the story.

If the guy has never been in trouble before, it probably won't be worth going through it all for what the judge will give him

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

He should definitely make a complaint to the Gardai and also to the landlord.

Facepalm @ all the "move out" comments while we're in the middle of a rental hyperinflation crisis...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

wakka12 wrote: »
    Poor landlord getting caught up in something that should have nothing to do with him

Maybe this is just me, but if I owned a property that was being rented and one of my tenants violently assaulted another tenant, I'd want to know about it ASAP so I could get the f*ck rid of them. I'd imagine most landlords wouldn't want a scumbag living in their property...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,740 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Maybe this is just me, but if I owned a property that was being rented and one of my tenants violently assaulted another tenant, I'd want to know about it ASAP so I could get the f*ck rid of them. I'd imagine most landlords wouldn't want a scumbag living in their property...

And given that there were no sober witnesses, how would you have any idea what the f*** actually went on.

The LL is in an impossible situation if s/he gets dragged into this situation.

OP - who chose the other guy as a tenant, the LL, your friend or someone else? Who does your friend hand his rent to? Who has signed the lease?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Wouldn't bother giving the landlord a headache over it.

If I had sharing tenants and they came to me with some big unsubstantiated domestic mess (which sounded like it could well escalate further) like this, I'd just immediately start thinking of a legal way to get them all out.

Contrary to what people are saying here, the landlord isn't going to be able to ascertain who's right or wrong and will just think, 'drinking, noise, fights'.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭justfillmein

Facepalm @ all the "move out" comments while we're in the middle of a rental hyperinflation crisis...

of course there is a rental crisis, but there is no way they can live together after what happened.

the landlord isn't getting dragged into anything, they are being informed of the behaviour of one of their tenants towards another paying tenant.
    i'm sure they would want to know.

also i certainly wouldn't want to live in that house if the other man has to leave. you don't know where he will move on to, but he'll know where you live

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

And given that there were no sober witnesses, how would you have any idea what the f*** actually went on.

The LL is in an impossible situation if s/he gets dragged into this situation.

OP - who chose the other guy as a tenant, the LL, your friend or someone else? Who does your friend hand his rent to? Who has signed the lease?
    Well if the Guards were called there should be some record

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Well if the Guards were called there should be some record

The Gardai seem pretty uninterested from the OP account, which would point to the fact that nobody was injured, there's completely no evidence and perhaps that they sensed at the time that maybe there was two sides to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

never complain, never explain.

The Gardai seem pretty uninterested from the OP account, which would point to the fact that nobody was injured, there's completely no evidence and perhaps that they sensed at the time that maybe there was two sides to it.

I agree with you here. We were making noise my friend getting 2 slaps for it gards have better things to do. Since my friend is still not over it he will report that the lad that hit him drives his car under fake driving license and bogus insurance anonymously. I hope it makes him feel better

Also Landlord is aware of the situation and said "one more time this happens all of yas gonna have to move out."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

Why didnt you help your friend out? 2 of you v 1 of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭screamer

Life's too short....move...
    And watch your documentaries more quietly in the next place.

OMW wrote: »
    I agree with you here. We were making noise my friend getting 2 slaps for it gards have better things to do. Since my friend is still not over it he will report that the lad that hit him drives his car under fake driving license and bogus insurance anonymously. I hope it makes him feel better

Pure childishness..... Your friend sounds like a joy to share a house with.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭justfillmein

screamer wrote: »
    Pure childishness..... Your friend sounds like a joy to share a house with.

is that childish?

his friend was punched in the face by someone that shares with him.

it's a shared house not his own home to be throwing his weight around like that.

now it seems he's a bit more dodgy.

i think it shows the character of the other tenant and that he has no regard for anyone.

is that childish?

his friend was punched in the face by someone that shares with him.

it's a shared house not his own home to be throwing his weight around like that.

now it seems he's a bit more dodgy.

i think it shows the character of the other tenant and that he has no regard for anyone.

So...move as a load of people have said already. TBH sounds like it's a matter of when the landlord turfs them all out and I'd jump and have somewhere else lined up than be pushed and get no references. There are 2 sides to every story and we're only getting one here.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

MOD After Hours isnt the place for this type of thread OP, there are other sections on boards that would be a better fit for your questions.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement