Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Specsavers Ireland: sneaky upselling

Options
124»

Comments

They are scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Dymo wrote: »
    I was in Specsavers yesterday and I had two frames picked out ready to purchase but the assistant got so rude when I would not take the reflexive coating add-on, it was downhill from there, I wear contacts all of the time I rarely wear glasses and I told him that but again when I said I don't need the ultra thin lenses my prescription isn't that bad -1.75 he double downed and told me words to the effect the glasses would look stupid on me so I just asked can I have my prescription I'll check them out online then came the I'll get ripped online with Specsavers website, it's going to take 6 weeks to arrive I won't get my PRSI discount.

I didn't care, I was told to wait outside eventually he came out with my prescription and again I was told I'm going to have the same problems online and they were going to look stupid on me in front of everyone that was in the queue.

I did inform the shop of my experience what ever good that does.

https://www.specsavers.ie/news-and-information/customer-care

You should let them know of your experience

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Dymo

Pkiernan wrote: »
    https://www.specsavers.ie/news-and-information/customer-care

You should let them know of your experience

I did last night, and to be fair I got a call from the manager this morning, and he was straight about what was expected of his staff, he apologised and explained what their objectives were and how their sales person should of acted which was what I was expecting. So I'll just leave it at that, the manager seemed genuinely concerned and sound.

Fast forward to this afternoon, I went to another Specsavers as I still wanted my lenses! and they have my prescription didn't want another test.

The experience couldn't have been more different. I was told where the lenses were and if I needed any assistance to ask her. I picked out the frames she measured me for fitting, asked me did I need the coating? I said no she said that's fine no problem, paid a left.

None of the pressure crap of the day before, and I would definitely go back to this Specsavers.

Advertisement