Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cube Attain or Giant Contend

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Norabd

cw girl wrote: »
    Rather than starting a new thread said I’d ask here as to whether anyone has any opinions, good or bad on Giant (liv) Avail SL2.  It’s priced at €1,099.

The reason I’m looking at giant is that I currently have a giant rapid which I really like but need to move onto a road bike as am joining a club.  

I’d be cycling a maximum of 100k sportive.  In the past when I’ve used a road bike I’ve had soreness in one side in area of my shoulder blade so I want to choose right bike/size.  I was in Think Bike, Rathmines last night and staff seem very helpful. They also offer 2 years of service support.
    Since your coming from a men's hybrid look at the Contend range too, I came from a men's hybrid and the upright position on the Liv was way to much. Also if you are looking at the rim brake SL2 think about going up to the SL1 for the better wheels and 105 for and extra €100.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

• Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭nilhg

nilhg wrote: »
    Ultegra Giant anyday

Seems like a good bike for the price indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Norabd

Ultegra Giant anyday

Seems like a good bike for the price indeed.
    Do they ship to Ireland? They have a great deal on a Liv Avail SL2 disc and my friend is looking at Liv's and for some reason it has better brakes than the Irish models. It's odd Germany get better and different bikes than we do.

• Advertisement

From looking at it earlier it seems to be Germany only Im afraid. Theres a couple of nice bikes on offer alright.
    Im living in Basel so can nip across the border in 5mins to a paketshop

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭cw girl

My missus has a Liv avail and loves it, finds it very comfortable, the bikes themselves are well built, her's has given great service with no trouble.

As to sizing any reputable bike shop should be able to set you up with the right size, if you think you have a particular issue then a visit to a bike fitter might be worth while, was the previous road bike you used sold specifically for you or one you had a loan of and may not have been set up properly for you?

I bought it for myself and the guy in cycle superstore adjusted handlebars etc for me when buying.

Advertisement