Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ElectricIreland. 2x Nest 3rd Gen Thermostats + Install+ Stands + Boiler Service €164

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,477 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Hi all,

Thanks for your interest in Nest with Electric Ireland.

The €175 switching bonus credit for new customers (electricity alone or electricity plus gas, also known as Dual Fuel) is available through Electric Ireland Sales. You can make the switch via this link on the Electric Ireland website with your bank details, MPRN, GPRN (if relevant) and up-to-date meter-reading(s). There is also a saving applied to the units used on every bill – 5% (or 5.5% with Online Billing instead of postal billing) for electricity alone; 8% or 8.5% for electricity plus gas each.

After your switch and registration are completed (which is usually a matter of weeks) you can avail of the reduced Nest thermostat by contacting the Home Services team, or by purchasing it online. If you wish to purchase a second Nest thermostat, it is €270 by itself, but if you avail of the Nest thermostat and gas boiler service bundle, you can purchase the second Nest for a reduced cost as part of this offer.

The Climote heating control covers two heating zones. This can also be purchased through Electric Ireland following a switch for the bonus credit and bill savings (like above). The Climote is €90 with Electric Ireland - link, and there also a Climote and gas boiler service bundle for €169.

If you have any questions, we can provide some general information here on Boards.ie, and for more detailed information, we recommend contacting the dedicated Home Services team directly on 1850 372 333 (open until 6pm Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays).

Best regards,
    Una

Anything for existing customers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hello folks,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Hi 4motion and kceire,

Existing Electric Ireland customers who have electricity alone, mains gas with another provider, and who have not received a bonus from Electric Ireland in the last 12 months, can avail of the switching bonus if they move their gas supply to Electric Ireland. They can also avail of the Dual Fuel savings, which increase the 5.5% (Online Billing required) off their electricity units to 8.5% off (and 8.5% off gas units also) per bill.

The Nest learning thermostat at €130 and the Climote heating control at €90 is available to existing customers (the subscription for Climote is €19 per year, and the first year, for those who avail of the offer with Electric Ireland, is free). Existing customers can also avail of the Nest learning thermostat and gas boiler service bundle for €209 or the equivalent Climote heating control and gas boiler service bundle for €169.

All Home Services offers are here.

Electric Ireland Rewards is available to all customers.
    we have a dual system in that we can heat the water seperately. With the Nest thermostat is there any way of keeping the water at a certain temperature?
    Hi Fingers Mcginty,

This is a query for the Home Services team on 1850 372 333 until 6pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).
    Sneachta wrote: »
    Hi Úna, do Electric Ireland do the installation also for that price?
    Hi Sneachta,

The Nest learning thermostat offer/Climote heating control offer from Electric Ireland also include installation.

Best regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭ablelocks

hi Una,

thanks for all the info - I am in contract until the 25th January - will the switching and Nest offers still be available then?

Hi ableblocks,

Thanks for your interest.

Offers are subject to change, however we have not been made aware of any changes planned for the above offers in the new year. Currently, to our knowledge, the offers will still be in effect in the new year.

The switching bonus is €175 if availed of online, it is €160 if availed of over the phone.

Best regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Alan G

Hi Una,

I tried adding the Nest with boiler service and an additional nest into my basket online.

I get the following error:

We're sorry but the following products cannot be ordered together:
    Nest & Gas Boiler Service
    Nest Thermostat
    Please remove one to continue to the checkout

Am I missing something to avail of two nests as mentioned above?

Thanks,

Alan

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭4motion

Hello folks,

Hi 4motion and kceire,

Existing Electric Ireland customers who have electricity alone, mains gas with another provider, and who have not received a bonus from Electric Ireland in the last 12 months, can avail of the switching bonus if they move their gas supply to Electric Ireland. They can also avail of the Dual Fuel savings, which increase the 5.5% (Online Billing required) off their electricity units to 8.5% off (and 8.5% off gas units also) per bill.

The Nest learning thermostat at €130 and the Climote heating control at €90 is available to existing customers (the subscription for Climote is €19 per year, and the first year, for those who avail of the offer with Electric Ireland, is free). Existing customers can also avail of the Nest learning thermostat and gas boiler service bundle for €209 or the equivalent Climote heating control and gas boiler service bundle for €169.

Hi Fingers Mcginty,

This is a query for the Home Services team on 1850 372 333 until 6pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).

Hi Sneachta,

The Nest learning thermostat offer/Climote heating control offer from Electric Ireland also include installation.

Best regards,
    Una

Hi,
    thanks. So existing customers are need to leave EI as we not get 175e bonus for stay? I think i will do it after new year.

Alan G wrote: »
    Hi Una,

I tried adding the Nest with boiler service and an additional nest into my basket online.

I get the following error:

We're sorry but the following products cannot be ordered together:
    Nest & Gas Boiler Service
    Nest Thermostat
    Please remove one to continue to the checkout

Am I missing something to avail of two nests as mentioned above?

Thanks,

Alan
    Hi Alan,

Thanks for your post. We recommend purchasing each one individually as two separate transactions.

If you still encounter an error, contact the Home Services team on 1850 372 333 (open until 6pm Monday to Friday).

Best regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Hi Una,

I just joined for dual fuel and received the 175 credit. Is this offer available to me please?

MAJJ wrote: »
    Hi Una,

I just joined for dual fuel and received the 175 credit. Is this offer available to me please?
    Hi MAJJ,

Thanks for your post.

Yes, the Nest smart learning thermostat can currently be availed of by any customer who switches to Electric Ireland, after their switch is complete.

Further details on this post.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 28 FTT2004

Hi Una,

I too am interested in taking up this offer. I mailed the sales/homes services team a few days as my mobile is blocked from calling 1850 numbers. Can you provide a landline, please?

Thanks
    FTT

• Advertisement

FTT2004 wrote: »
    Hi Una,

I too am interested in taking up this offer. I mailed the sales/homes services team a few days as my mobile is blocked from calling 1850 numbers. Can you provide a landline, please?

Thanks
    FTT
    Hi FTT,

Thank you for getting in touch. The landline for Electric Ireland Customer Service is 01 8529534 - just ask to be transferred to Home Services by the next available agent.

Also, your email will be responded to in a matter of working days. Your query is for Home Services, and their email address is on this page.

Best regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 9 js2010

HI Una,

I have switched online for dual fuel with DD and waiting for new account details.

I have called 1850 372 333 and was advised by Tom that I cannot avail 2 Nest's as per your instructions above.

Only options are:
    €130 for the 1st one + €299 for the 2nd one
    or
    €209 for boiler service with 1st Nest + €299 for the 2nd Nest

Please advise.

Thanks

Hello folks,

Hi 4motion and kceire,

Hi Fingers Mcginty,

Hi Sneachta,

Best regards,
    Una

What about customers who already have both utilities with ESB?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭bromley52

4motion wrote: »
    What about existing customers??

See post #12.

js2010 wrote: »
    HI Una,

I have switched online for dual fuel with DD and waiting for new account details.

I have called 1850 372 333 and was advised by Tom that I cannot avail 2 Nest's as per your instructions above.

Only options are:
    €130 for the 1st one + €299 for the 2nd one
    or
    €209 for boiler service with 1st Nest + €299 for the 2nd Nest

Please advise.

Thanks
    Hi js2010,

If you go online, you can purchase the Nest thermostat for €130 and the gas boiler service + Nest thermostat bundle for €209 as two separate transactions.
    kceire wrote: »
    What about customers who already have both utilities with ESB?
    Hi kceire,

Existing Electric Ireland customers who have electricity alone or electricity plus gas can avail of the Nest learning thermostat at €130 and the Climote heating control at €90 (the subscription for Climote is €19 per year, and the first year, for those who avail of the offer with Electric Ireland, is free). Existing customers can also avail of the Nest learning thermostat and gas boiler service bundle for €209 or the equivalent Climote heating control and gas boiler service bundle for €169.

Bill savings for 5.5% (electricity) or 8.5% (electricity plus gas each) remain on a customer's account indefinitely, they do not expire after a year.

Best regards,
    Una

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭4motion

bromley52 wrote: »
    See post #12.

I asked EI rep not op.

4motion wrote: »
    I asked EI rep not op.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Achosa

Switched to EI few weeks back to avail of Nest for 130, just got confirmation yesterday with my account number, and installation due tomorrow . Unfortunately couldn't avail of €175 bonus. Rang the sales and they said can't avail of two different offers. Gutted :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

What do I need to do to apply for SEAI grant with this offer? Just stuck at the contractor page doesn't seem to be an option for Electric Ireland

436089.JPG

Achosa wrote: »
    Switched to EI few weeks back to avail of Nest for 130, just got confirmation yesterday with my account number, and installation due tomorrow . Unfortunately couldn't avail of €175 bonus. Rang the sales and they said can't avail of two different offers. Gutted :(

I was given both so probably depends on who you speak to when signing up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,060 ✭✭✭bren2001

bromley52 wrote: »
    I was given both so probably depends on who you speak to when signing up.

Sure you can get the Nest for 130 on the EI website without being a customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Sneachta

Hi all,

Thanks for your interest in Nest with Electric Ireland.

The €175 switching bonus credit for new customers (electricity alone or electricity plus gas, also known as Dual Fuel) is available through Electric Ireland Sales. You can make the switch via this link on the Electric Ireland website with your bank details, MPRN, GPRN (if relevant) and up-to-date meter-reading(s). There is also a saving applied to the units used on every bill – 5% (or 5.5% with Online Billing instead of postal billing) for electricity alone; 8% or 8.5% for electricity plus gas each.

After your switch and registration are completed (which is usually a matter of weeks) you can avail of the reduced Nest thermostat by contacting the Home Services team, or by purchasing it online. If you wish to purchase a second Nest thermostat, it is €270 by itself, but if you avail of the Nest thermostat and gas boiler service bundle, you can purchase the second Nest for a reduced cost as part of this offer.

The Climote heating control covers two heating zones. This can also be purchased through Electric Ireland following a switch for the bonus credit and bill savings (like above). The Climote is €90 with Electric Ireland - link, and there also a Climote and gas boiler service bundle for €169. There is a subscription fee of €19 per year for the Climote, and the first year is free with the Electric Ireland offer.

If you have any questions, we can provide some general information here on Boards.ie, and for more detailed information, we recommend contacting the dedicated Home Services team directly on 1850 372 333 (open until 6pm Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays).

Best regards,
    Una

Hi Úna,
    I switched as outlined above and called today. I spoke to Tom who says that I cannot get the €175 cashback and the Nest offer. So at the moment he has given me neither. He asked for your surname which I didn't have. Can I pm you my email address and account number and get it sorted for me please?

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

Tom ! You've changed !!
    computer-says-no-gif-3.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

These deals are not free. You get the standard rate so basically you are paying for it as you no longer get your yearly discount.

Its the exact same maths as free iPhone and only 70 euro a month for 2 years for a 30 euro tariff. The nest installation is the only place where you might be gaining as most elec don't have a clue what they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭normanbond

I'm with Airtricity gas. I need a new gas boiler for a 3 bed semi asap. Any advice on best deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

normanbond wrote: »
    I'm with Airtricity gas. I need a new gas boiler for a 3 bed semi asap. Any advice on best deal?

Here https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1320

Hi all,

To avail of both the €175 bonus credit and the Nest Learning Thermostat for €130 with Electric Ireland, it is important to select just the €175 bonus credit switch option first, and then to purchase the Nest thermostat via the Electric Ireland Online Shop.

Both need to be completed online only.

If you have switched for the above and have any follow-up queries, just private message us your details and we will respond as soon as possible.
    What do I need to do to apply for SEAI grant with this offer? Just stuck at the contractor page doesn't seem to be an option for Electric Ireland

436089.JPG
    Hi eringobragh,

We recommend contacting the SEAI directly with this query.
    rom wrote: »
    These deals are not free. You get the standard rate so basically you are paying for it as you no longer get your yearly discount.

Its the exact same maths as free iPhone and only 70 euro a month for 2 years for a 30 euro tariff. The nest installation is the only place where you might be gaining as most elec don't have a clue what they are.
    Hi rom,

The Nest Learning Thermostat plus installation totals €130 if availed of with Electric Ireland (this is a reduced cost). Customers who avail of this and have direct debit also have savings applied to their electricity account or electricity plus gas account each. These savings do not expire and remain on an account indefinitely. If a customer switches to Electric Ireland for the €175 credit bonus, they can also then avail of the reduced cost Nest thermostat (or reduced cost Climote) and installation, as well as the savings off their bills.
    normanbond wrote: »
    Hi normanbond,

Thanks for your interest in Electric Ireland offerings.

There is a gas boiler service plus reduced cost Nest thermostat or reduced cost Climote offer available to purchase here on the Electric Ireland Online Shop.

Regards,
    Una

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Una we are a gas house for electricity and heat. We are currently with SSE airtricity but out of contract. We need a gas boiler service and are looking for two nests for our dual zone

What do electric Ireland have at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭dubmick

Anyone know how well nest works with a system that requires hot water and heating to be on for heating? Eg when we put our gas heating on we need to put hot water and heating on

• Advertisement

dubmick wrote: »
    Anyone know how well nest works with a system that requires hot water and heating to be on for heating? Eg when we put our gas heating on we need to put hot water and heating on

That would mean your system in on one zone. It will work the same as current. On/off.

Advertisement