Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dont know what to do with this "friendzone" situation

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,277 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I've been there and done that and trust me, she is using you like a mother****er.

She could be single right this minute and she still would have no intention of dating you, thats all bull**** to keep you hanging around for her regular ego boost.

What would you do if some other girl wanted a relationship but you weren't interested? Would you let her hang around, lap up the attention, dangle a few vague maybes in front of her and let her hope that you might change your mind? Or would you be honest with her and then give her space so as not to give her false hope?

Most people would do the right thing and not toy with peoples emotions, but not your "perfect" woman, not at all. She loves the attention and thats far more important to her than your feelings.

Take her off that pedestal and call her behavior what it really is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Icepick wrote: »
    Lying to trick aomeone. How lame and unnecessary

Oh is it captain obvious. Jesus I should have put sarcastic notes or something in for the obvious disabled ♿.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭IITYWYBMAD

Oh is it captain obvious. Jesus I should have put sarcastic notes or something in for the obvious disabled ♿.

Keep digging, why don't you...:-/

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

OP as others have identified you have a self-esteem issue. You're putting up with some serious disrespect while measuring yourself up against her 'boyfriend'. Without being harsh you've also stated a wow is me pity play about being always unlucky in love. I would suggest attending counselling to work on your relationship with yourself before considering one with another. Also put yourself in her main (emotional) supplies shoes and show some empathy towards him, how he is being treated and disrespected by both you and her.

In your current emotional state you're a puppet on a string to this lady. Don't doubt for a minute that you and her current partner are the only ones worshiping her ego. She'll groom as many men (and others) as necessary for as long as you all will participate in her childish games. What is also common for narcissists like her is to triangulate you with others to enact envy and jealousy which draws you (the victim) even closer to meeting their selfish whims. Such individuals are always the star in their own performance. You're nothing but another fan. As others have suggested cut off and block all means of contact. End your 'relationship' with this emotional vampire immediately while beginning work on your own unmet emotional needs.

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod: SterlingArcher - two week ban for that outburst. Please keep it civil folks, and advisory towards the OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭mojesius

Walk away, delete her number. I've been in your shoes before and it's not a nice place, your emotions being tugged at so the other person can get a quick ego boost.

Budding/potential romantic situations that are a pure rollercoaster of highs and lows never really work out. She'll happily string you along like this for a long time I'd she can. Meanwhile, you'll get more emotionally invested for nothing

She sounds selfish and untrustworthy. I don't understand how some people can do this others.

Advertisement