Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 15 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

Just after the deadline, I transferred in Zaha & RLC for Brady & Ritchie, who went on to get me 24 points....might try that tactic in futute

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Salah/RLC IN
    Silva/Zaha OUT

For a -4

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Three weeks in a row my transfers have cost me points, so I’m banking!

Unless of course, I can transfer in a 2nd Mo Salah :)

Hard to know what to do now.

I wanted Ramsey but missed his recent rise and it left me 0.1m short.

I don’t want DDG if Matic is going to miss 4-5 games.

Could downgrade DDG and upgrade Zaha to Ramsey or Sterling but I’ve no City cover and I want to go without as they’ve been a headache for me all season.

So if I find a quality Keeper that doesn’t need to be rotated then I might dump DDG.

I already have 3 Chelsea so can’t get Cortouis.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Well Cresswell has no place in my team that's for sure. Really don't want to lose more value on Silva either though at least he might play at the weekend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Did TPT to rlc last night
    That’s it
    No more hits

• Registered Users Posts: 22,410 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Could downgrade DDG and upgrade Zaha to Ramsey or Sterling but I’ve no City cover and I want to go without as they’ve been a headache for me all season.

So if I find a quality Keeper that doesn’t need to be rotated then I might dump DDG.

Cech? Same price as Courtois. Decent fixtures after they play United at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Elliot out, Hennessey in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,923 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Roll it. Arsenal play United at the weekend. Keep 2 for the following week.

I am hoping Big Sam plays Niasse....

Cech? Same price as Courtois. Decent fixtures after they play United at the weekend.

Good call so would have to think if I’m happy to double up with Mustafi.

Also just realised Martina started tonight so if the new manager fancies him I have 15 starters and could carry my FT for possibly the first time ever.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

Bringing in Zaha over Ramsey/Gros has proven a mistake

Roll it. Arsenal play United at the weekend. Keep 2 for the following week.

I am hoping Big Sam plays Niasse....

I would bet money (not a betting man) that Sam will start Niasse.

I would bet money (not a betting man) that Sam will start Niasse.

Hopefully! Huddersfield are sh*t

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Gonna bring in Niasse and pray that he starts. It'll also free up funds to upgrade TPT to Hazard for a -4 which I think I'd be silly not to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

I've obviously missed this, but why was Elliot out this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Would Sane to Sterling be too much of a sideways move?

Sterling rising tonight.....Sane one yellow away from a suspension and it gives me money in bank to strengthen elsewhere
    Other Midfielders are Salah,Hazard,Richarlison.

Appreciate any thoughts in next 20 mins as hitting the hay then and just need thoughts on if its a worthwhile move or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Would Sane to Sterling be too much of a sideways move?

Sterling rising tonight.....Sane one yellow away from a suspension and it gives me money in bank to strengthen elsewhere
    Other Midfielders are Salah,Hazard,Richarlison.

Appreciate any thoughts in next 20 mins as hitting the hay then and just need thoughts on if its a worthwhile move or not.

Very Sideways. Sterling more likely to be benched this weekend if Sane is fit. The 0.1 shouldn't matter to much because you can still afford the move

• Registered Users Posts: 22,410 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Sané could start at the weekend and Sterling could be the one benched. He's started the last 4 league games. Think it's a risky move.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Currently thinking of Aguero in for Kane just for one week

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Finally got Salah (back) in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,354 ✭✭✭✭siblers

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Currently thinking of Aguero in for Kane just for one week

Aguero could be benched too, it's a bit of a gamble when you know Harry is guaranteed to start and is in arguabley better form that Aguero

Had originally planned to take De Gea out for Courtois but now considering a -4 to bring in Alonso. He looked so dangerous last night!

Would mean downgrading new boy Zaha to RLC but happy enough with this - think I made the wrong choice bringing him in. Zaha is the same price as Alonso, even if they were both classed as wingers ALonso has more shots, and three times as many crosses. I know which one I'd prefer to have in my team...

I'll be rotating RLC and Niasse, or playing both when another attacker is injured/dropped. I'll also be doubling up on Chelsea cover over Christmas with Alonso and Christy, although I don't expect both to play every game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I've obviously missed this, but why was Elliot out this week?

Not sure, I have him as my starting GK.

Goalkeepers don't necessarily need to be 'rested' so it's worrying I'll need to spend my transfer on a keeper.

If you have Elliot as a your second choice, I'd hold off and suss out the situation after this GW to see if he starts over Darlow.

If he's your first choice, I'd replace your second 'fodder' keeper to a definite playing keeper.

Or if like me, you can't afford to upgrade your second fodder to a playing keeper without a hit, replace Elliot to a 4.5 keeper if you gain the 0.1 on him.

I posted the below earlier in the thread, might be of value in choosing who
    It's slim pickings tbh, just having a look myself.

Foster, Gomez, Begovic, Ryan, Hart, Hennessey & Grant all the options I think. (for 4.5)

All have difficult enough fixtures coming up.

Gomez best of the lot after this coming weekend (TOT, bur, cry, HUD, bri)

Crazily enough Hennessey might be a decent shout. (wba, BOU, WAT, lei, swa)

Begovic tough fixtures (SOU, cry, mun, LIV, mci)

Brighton have Liverpoo, Spurs, Chelsea 3 of next 6

West Ham I wouldnt go near, same with WBA, toughish fixtures too. Stoke conceding quite a few too

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Like the Jesus/Aguero conundrum, seems the midfield is one as well. Currently have David Silva, but tempted to change to Sterling/Sane.

Ah decisions. Any suggestions. Would be my only current City player after dropping Aguero for Morata for GW14.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭elefant

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Like the Jesus/Aguero conundrum, seems the midfield is one as well. Currently have David Silva, but tempted to change to Sterling/Sane.

Ah decisions. Any suggestions. Would be my only current City player after dropping Aguero for Morata for GW14.

The only City attackers I would have in my team are Silva, Sane and KDB. As much as the others could well get great scores in a gameweek, I just couldn't have faith in them starting regularly enough for their cost.

Sterling for £8m is an absolute bargain, even if he misses some games

• Registered Users Posts: 9,591 ✭✭✭Cartman78

What are people's thoughts on Zaha?

Have had him for a few weeks so HEWT kinda but wondering would RLC be a better option, and allow for a couple of million extra ITB.

Transferring one midfielder for another in the same team that is managed by Roy Hodgson seems like an awful waste though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Not sure what to do with Silva. Going to Sterling or Sane feels like a sideways move mostly because they will be rotated especially during this Xmas period.

Other options around 8m include Pogba but 2 big games coming up for them and I'm nkt fully sold on him yet .

Any thoughts guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Cartman78 wrote: »
    What are people's thoughts on Zaha?

Have had him for a few weeks so HEWT kinda but wondering would RLC be a better option, and allow for a couple of million extra ITB.

Transferring one midfielder for another in the same team that is managed by Roy Hodgson seems like an awful waste though

My thoughts haven't changed, he's overrated and gets an awful lot of airtime on this forum. There's a lot of buzz around him but there are better options out there in his bracket. I think people judge him on what "he could" do rather than what he's actually doing.

I done a comparison a few weeks back and the update is the same:

Ramsey 7.1m 6.5 ppg
    Zaha 6.9m 4.2 ppg

There are quite a few other options who are cheaper and are proving to perform better.

Zaha has 3 goals and no assists. 2 of those goals came against Everton and West Ham, both dire at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

The plan was Hemed to Niasse.

However, I haven't a clue if Niasse will start under Sam. I also have the Sane injury/illness to worry about.

Will wait for press conferences tomorrow.

Advertisement