Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair play to this judge

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

It really isn't in any way different at all because that's exactly the attitude that was displayed towards those women at that time too!

Oh yeah you’re right. I totally forgot we live in the 1950s

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

splinter65 wrote: »
    Why would rules and regulations for community living piss you off so much?

Well like I said, I do understand why they're in place, but at the same time, they also preclude some people in those situations like the young woman in the opening post from getting the help they need. I do understand why they're put in place, but at the same time, I've always found their implementation to be a horrible approach because IMO when a person needs help, and that to me at least has always been the bottom line. I can't blame homeless organisations for the policies they have in place, obviously they work for them, but at the same time it sickens me that when they're met with a human being that needs help, they turn that person away because they don't fit a specific profile.

mad muffin wrote: »
    Oh yeah you’re right. I totally forgot we live in the 1950s

We don't, that's the point - the same attitudes that were as prevalent then, are just as prevalent today.

Some of the stuff here...

I mean, I agree with the Judge. But calls to remove the child from his/het mother? She could turn out to be the most loving and giving mother. Let's not make assumptions on the basis that she smokes and shows contempt for private property, she was correctly dealt with for the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,298 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Peatys wrote: »
    Loveleh, simply loveleh

My, aren't you posh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

her pregnant and the fag in her hand.

Why are these scrotes nearly always smoking coming out of court. It's vile looking.

And yes, smoking while pregnant is as selfish as it gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

We don't, that's the point - the same attitudes that were as prevalent then, are just as prevalent today.

You’d have to be an inbred idiot to have the attitudes of the 50s. To take away a child from a scumbag the likes in the OP, is not the same as taking it away from an innocent, unwed mother. A person that smokes and partakes in antisocial behaviour whilst pregnant is wholly different and couldn’t be more different.

God knows what else she’s up to. She was given a chance but couldn’t give two shïts. She’s just another one breeding a generation of scumbags, that prey on the innocent.

You’d have to be an inbred idiot to have the attitudes of the 50s. To take away a child from a scumbag the likes in the OP, is not the same as taking it away from an innocent, unwed mother. A person that smokes and partakes in antisocial behaviour whilst pregnant is wholly different and couldn’t be more different.

God knows what else she’s up to. She was given a chance but couldn’t give two shïts. She’s just another one breeding a generation of scumbags, that prey on the innocent.

mad muffin I'm kinda scratching my head here and wondering how it's gone over your head, but at the time, the way you're describing this woman now is exactly the way those women who were sent to these homes were viewed generally by society. They weren't seen as you see them now as innocent, unwed poor mothers. They, and indeed their children, were seen as 'undesirables' in Irish society at that time, no different to the way you view this woman now, no different to the way a handful of posters here would want her child taken away from her.

Certainly, I can understand the way people would feel looking at her situation now and wondering what chance or what future has her unborn child got, but that's where she is right now. What I'm saying is no different to what you'd be suggesting should have been done for those women back then - that they should have been provided with support, and that's what I'm hoping will happen here, that this woman will be provided with the support she needs in order to make a life both for herself and for her child that means she is in a better position to give the child the opportunities that many people here would wish for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

She will be in the paper next week crying and idiots will lap it up and blame the government.

That or on Joe Duffy, with the associated calls of "de guberment are evil, throwing a poor pregnant woman on de street, she never hurt a fly and just wans a home fer her babi"

Still want to know how she got the house at 21? Must have been on the waiting list since 12:01am on her 18th for that quick a turnover.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Good on him. Need more judges like that with a bit of cop on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

What about when it comes to the local bigwig getting his bit on the side pregnant, and the little tart won't go to England for a "spa weekend." He has enough money and sway to pay someone in the service to "take a child away from an unfit mother."

The service you are talking about is EXACTLY the same as it was back then. It's wide open to abuse. It's abduction and human trafficking.

****e like that, and mandatory sterilization is a nice quippy soundbite, but thoroughly unworkable in any kind of real world. Stop, because it makes you sound like a moron.

What about when it comes to the local bigwig getting his bit on the side pregnant, and the little tart won't go to England for a "spa weekend." He has enough money and sway to pay someone in the service to "take a child away from an unfit mother."

The service you are talking about is EXACTLY the same as it was back then. It's wide open to abuse. It's abduction and human trafficking.

****e like that, and mandatory sterilization is a nice quippy soundbite, but thoroughly unworkable in any kind of real world. Stop, because it makes you sound like a moron.

Wouldn't quite have put it like that myself but... :pac:

But yeah, that's exactly what went on, and would still go on today if some people had their way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

branie2 wrote: »
    My, aren't you posh!
    There's a weekly video roundup on whatsapp ye lads need to be getting a look at
    DNk67QlW0AAQ-_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

I mean, I agree with the Judge. But calls to remove the child from his/het mother? She could turn out to be the most loving and giving mother. Let's not make assumptions on the basis that she smokes and shows contempt for private property, she was correctly dealt with for the latter.

Definitely I'd say. It's the way she holds the cigarette, it has "Mom of The Year" written all over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,209 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

She just needs to wait a few weeks to let the headlines fade away, then she can move onto the "homeless" list and start crying about being a poor young pregnant woman homeless at christmas and why won't anybody help etc etc etc.

She'll get more handed to her this christmas than I will, that's for damn sure.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Why are these scrotes nearly always smoking coming out of court. It's vile looking.

Because they've had to go an hour without a fag while they're in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

She just needs to wait a few weeks to let the headlines fade away, then she can move onto the "homeless" list and start crying about being a poor young pregnant woman homeless at christmas and why won't anybody help etc etc etc.

She'll get more handed to her this christmas than I will, that's for damn sure.

Tenner says the Herald goes full on Nativity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Happy that the neighbours now have relief but other than that, I can't really celebrate. It's just a sordid tale with no other winners. She'll have to be absorbed back into the system somewhere and the poor child may as well book its own spot right now.

Happy that the neighbours now have relief but other than that, I can't really celebrate. It's just a sordid tale with no other winners. She'll have to be absorbed back into the system somewhere and the poor child may as well book its own spot right now.

Or just left on the streets where clearly she belongs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Would you get of the stage!!
    Loving mother ??
    Yeah thats why the knacker is smoking while pregnant ffs!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Loving mother ??

Ah leave poor Conor alone, he desperately needs to be seen to be the voice of virtuous reasonability on every thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wexandproud

i suppose your right , she could turn out to be a great mother . Its like if i buy a lottery ticket , i could win , but what are the actual odds . One in how many million

i suppose your right , she could turn out to be a great mother . Its like if i buy a lottery ticket , i could win , but what are the actual odds . One in how many million

The real difference is that you want to win the lottery...

Gravelly wrote: »
    Ah leave poor Conor alone, he desperately needs to be seen to be the voice of virtuous reasonability on every thread.

It's too much!!

Maybe my response was too much too tho - calling her a knacker - but my wife works in childrens health and has done studies on the effects of smoking and alcohol on kids - its not good, really riles me up ! :mad:

It's too much!!

Maybe my response was too much too tho - calling her a knacker - but my wife works in childrens health and has done studies on the effects of smoking and alcohol on kids - its not good, really riles me up ! :mad:

I worked with a guy once who's sister was a foster parent.

The symptoms of Foetal Alcohol Syndrome are terrifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wexandproud

The real difference is that you want to win the lottery...
    ha . i know what you mean , i think . i never actually do it . trouble is she wants to be a winner but wont invest in the stake

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

This isn't a sympathy issue. At least no sympathy for her. The number of chances given and the patience exercised are on record here for all to see.

There has to be a limit to the system's patience, otherwise it becomes unworkable. She was clearly determined to find it with a blatant 'I'll do whatever I like' mentality. A child having a child. How terrible.

I worked with a guy once who's sister was a foster parent.

The symptoms of Foetal Alcohol Syndrome are terrifying.

Yep even if physically they are fine, mental effects can really appear later in life, ADHD, Auspergers, Dyslexia .... nightmare for parents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Loving mother ??

Let's not forget about the child of this loving mother when the parties are in full swing past midnight. There were multiple instances of late loud parties. Pity the child with that noise going on at that hour, and the cigarette/pot smoke permeating throughout the house. She doesn't come across as one who would ask her 'guests' to smoke outside for fear of damage to the child's respiratory system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭dodzy

Peatys wrote: »
    There's a weekly video roundup on whatsapp ye lads need to be getting a look at....

I hope poor Zoe has plenty in the tank to cover the costs.

Advertisement