Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair play to this judge

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

DellyBelly wrote: »
    Read this and have to say fair play to judge on their judgement. This lady must have made life hell for her neighbours. Sad thing is she's bringing a child into the world. I'm afraid it won't have much of a chance in life me thinks.

https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/pregnant-woman-23-faces-homelessness-this-christmas-after-losing-home-following-complaints-from-neighbours-36357884.html

Good riddance to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

She sounds like an absolute nightmare. I pity the poor child, what chance does it have being raised by that?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,296 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Where will she go now?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Good enough for the silly cow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

The headline tries to provoke sympathy for her: “pregnant”, “homeless”, “Christmas”. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Probably took 2 years to get to this stage....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

branie2 wrote: »
    Where will she go now?

That's the question? Surely she can't be housed again can she?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,296 ✭✭✭✭branie2

DellyBelly wrote: »
    That's the question? Surely she can't be housed again can she?

She might be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Delighted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

How has a single 23 year old got social housing in an area with an enormous waiting list?, people like her need to be placed some where like https://www.sophia.ie/ as most likely they will never maintain a tenancy with out support and supervision, she sounds like a night mare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

She will be in the paper next week crying and idiots will lap it up and blame the government.

her pregnant and the fag in her hand.

Should take the poor innocent baby off her as soon as its born, poor mite doesnt stand a chance of a
    good upbringing.

and to hell with her rights. She probably only got pregnant to get another free gaff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

Sallynoggin

Haha

Where will she go now?

Sinn Féin ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭server down

She’s only recently pregnant. Why did she get a place at 21?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Smoking whilst pregnant should dear god. She’s probably been drinking too.

She should be imprisoned immediately and her child taken off her at birth. At that point she should be sterilised.:mad:

mad muffin wrote: »
    Smoking whilst pregnant should dear god. She’s probably been drinking too.

She should be imprisoned immediately and her child taken off her at birth. At that point she should be sterilised.:mad:

Drive by the Coombe and you will more than likely see one or two out at front gate doing it, hard to believe in this day and age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

_Dara_ wrote: »
    The headline tries to provoke sympathy for her: “pregnant”, “homeless”, “Christmas”. :rolleyes:
    It definitely does. But as the judge said, she "made herself homeless", it's nobody else's fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

She might be

The Dutch were going to experiment with a housing complex (made up of renovated shipping containers) away from decent people, where all of these girls and boys could live all together and they would be able to live as they please and not bother anyone at all.
    I can’t find out if it ever got off the ground.
    I hope that her poor little baby will be rescued before she takes it home.
    It’s very worrying.

• Advertisement

mariaalice wrote: »
    How has a single 23 year old got social housing in an area with an enormous waiting list?, people like her need to be placed some where like https://www.sophia.ie/ as most likely they will never maintain a tenancy with out support and supervision, she sounds like a night mare.

There are rules and regulations there that Zoe doesn’t understand or agree with so that wouldn’t work.

mad m wrote: »
    Drive by the Coombe and you will more than likely see one or two out at front gate doing it, hard to believe in this day and age.

It would behove our society to take their children away and give them to childless couples. Who will love them and raise them properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Imagine that moving in next door.
    Poor feckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

It would behove our society to take their children away and give them to childless couples. Who will love them and raise them properly.

That was done in Ireland in the past and it didn't work out so well....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

splinter65 wrote: »
    There are rules and regulations there that Zoe doesn’t understand or agree with so that wouldn’t work.

Much as it pisses me off that they have those rules and regulations in place, I also understand at the same time that they're put in place for the benefit of other residents there too, but I think mariaalice was suggesting their more long-term outreach program where they act as the landlord for the tenants on the councils behalf and work with the families in their own homes.

juneg wrote: »

Exactly! That seems to be the go-to 'solution' in AH, and in reality it solves nothing, and more times only makes circumstances worse for all concerned.

juneg wrote: »

Yeah no. That was some totally different and awful shït. And I guffaw at your suggestion that these scumbag woman like in the OP are the same as those poor unwed mothers of Ireland’s past.

Much as it pisses me off that they have those rules and regulations in place, I also understand at the same time that they're put in place for the benefit of other residents there too, but I think mariaalice was suggesting their more long-term outreach program where they act as the landlord for the tenants on the councils behalf and work with the families in their own homes.

Exactly! That seems to be the go-to 'solution' in AH, and in reality it solves nothing, and more times only makes circumstances worse for all concerned.

Why would rules and regulations for community living piss you off so much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Loveleh, simply loveleh

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Yeah no. That was some totally different and awful shït. And I guffaw at your suggestion that these scumbag woman like in the OP are the same as those poor unwed mothers of Ireland’s past.

It really isn't in any way different at all because that's exactly the attitude that was displayed towards those women at that time too!

• Advertisement

Peatys wrote: »
    Loveleh, simply loveleh

Advertisement