Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Animals life is equal to Humans=Insanity.

Options
  • 27-11-2017 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭

Recently I picked up someones dog running around like a wild buck potentially into busy traffic by the scruff of the neck. They started whinging saying I could hurt them. I politely explained I potentially saved the dogs life and also dogs have a tuft at the back of the neck and don't feel shyt hence why mother bitches carry their offspring by the back of the neck all the time.

This person started whinging an animals life is equal to a humans. :pac:

I had to laugh. I said why don't they eat people same as animals then if the lifes are of equal value?. Like that movie Soylent Green.

I've nothing against animals at all I just know that their life is of far far less value than a humans.

Can't stand when people come out with utter tosh that animals life's are equal to humans.

Very unhinged bizarre thinking.

Find alot of the time when people who say crap like animals life's are equal to humans these people have a disdain for people or are 'hurt' people, folk who have obsessive over a pet who is basically a captive and their 'love' can never be taken away as such. Often very hurt people.

Often hypocrites too, little Fido is treated like a prince but they think nothing of eating pork chops for dinner. Apparently animal life's are equal but not really pigs, dogs are 'more' equal see. :rolleyes:

I have a pet but his life isn't as valuable as mine or yours for that matter. Anyone who thinks his is nuts as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway I've seen people post crap like 'An animals life is equal to a humans' online and articles and I immediately think what a damaged lunatic. They need some good counseling, if they see people in such a dim light.

Look at this youtube video of Louis Theroux get owned by logic by a South African on hunting animals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40W_hc_q8XU

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Do not speak ill of Louis Fcuking Theroux ever again.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,033 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

This isn't about whether an animals life is equal to a humans - if that was the case, has the dog given consent to being enslaved to the owner? - it's about responsibility and some animals have different responsibilities to others.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

Omackeral wrote: »

I'm a fan of Louis but he got owned by the staffer on this one. Also by the Wrestler guy back in the day who worked him out til he puked when he said wresting was fake. Was brilliant TV.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Did you ask why, if he believed an animals life was equal to a human's, he was allowing his dog to risk his life in traffic?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,476 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

You see allot of people with some serious lack in their lives, they transfer human traits and standards into animals as a compensation for whatever is missing.

It’s awfully sad.
    See people talking to dogs calling themselves “mummy and daddy”, kissing and slobbering over a dog, ffs, the dog just licked its ass and your kissing it :( We we’re in a friends hluse for dinner one night and they let the fuccking dog lick the plates as they were going into the dishwasher “it’s handy isn’t it” she said as she caught me starring. I’ve never had even a cup of tea there since.

I’ve been around farming all my life and we have pets here that are well looked after. But they are not treated like humans in any way.

Oh, and while I’m at it.
    If you have cats or dogs inside your house, your house smells like a god damn kennel, spraying cheap air freshener just marginally masks the smell, but it’s awful and your probably nose blind to it. Your house smells bad !

• Advertisement

kylith wrote: »
    Did you ask why, if he believed an animals life was equal to a human's, he was allowing his dog to risk his life in traffic?

Was a woman pal. She thinks her dog has manners but not a chance. Minute she let the dog off the lead the dog was running around like a headless chicken. She also refers to herself as the dogs Mammy. :rolleyes:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,145 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

_Brian wrote: »
    You see allot of people with some serious lack in their lives, they transfer human traits and standards into animals as a compensation for whatever is missing.

It’s awfully sad.
    See people talking to dogs calling themselves “mummy and daddy”, kissing and slobbering over a dog, ffs, the dog just licked its ass and your kissing it :( We we’re in a friends hluse for dinner one night and they let the fuccking dog lick the plates as they were going into the dishwasher “it’s handy isn’t it” she said as she caught me starring. I’ve never had even a cup of tea there since.

I’ve been around farming all my life and we have pets here that are well looked after. But they are not treated like humans in any way.

Why do you get humans to lick your dirty dishes on your farm? Also what do dogs have their mouths that can survive dish washers and kill you afterwards?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

We saw a lot of this around the time that gorilla was shot.

It was a terribly unfortunate situation but I couldn't believe the reaction of some. A human life was in the balance. No chances could be taken.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

Why not? He's a bit of a sap.

Real question is; how many human lives is one Louis Theroux equal to? I'd say around 6.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,145 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Real question is; how many human lives is one Louis Theroux equal to? I'd say around 6.

So you're saying only if 6 or more children got cornered in his pen you might shoot him as a precaution?

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,292 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

It’s awfully sad.
    See people talking to dogs calling themselves “mummy and daddy”, kissing and slobbering over a dog, ffs, the dog just licked its ass and your kissing it :(We we’re in a friends hluse for dinner one night and they let the fuccking dog lick the plates as they were going into the dishwasher “it’s handy isn’t it” she said as she caught me starring. I’ve never had even a cup of tea there since.

Oh, and while I’m at it.
    If you have cats or dogs inside your house, your house smells like a god damn kennel, spraying cheap air freshener just marginally masks the smell, but it’s awful and your probably nose blind to it. Your house smells bad !

If they're going to be washed in the dishwasher anyway. what's wrong with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,441 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

We saw a lot of this around the time that gorilla was shot.

It was a terribly unfortunate situation but I couldn't believe the reaction of some. A human life was in the balance. No chances could be taken.

100,000 gorillas left in the world, 7,600,000,000 people.

If my maths is correct, that's 1 gorilla to 76,000 people.

Not saying the kid should have been left to die, but we are a little overstocked...

Why not? He's a bit of a sap.

Wrong. He is life.

Exhibit A

343E3F1600000578-3595133-image-a-184_1463505497169.jpg

Exhibit B

797a1caab05af85b4841a623bd72ceb9--the-teacher-louis-theroux-quotes.jpg
    He is a real nigga

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I would say it depends quite a bit on the human involved and the animal involved.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

It’s awfully sad.

vom

and you've got fcking hairs everywhere

Mickeroo wrote: »
    So you're saying only if 6 or more children got cornered in his pen you might shoot him as a precaution?

Sorry I meant 6 fully grown adults. So 'bout a dozen kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Wibbs wrote: »
    I would say it depends quite a bit on the human involved and the animal involved.

Certainly. Remember the picture of the two lads standing beside the pitbull? They just cut off its ears and were posing with them for the camera.

I would quite happily choose the dog in this instance and have a fine night's sleep.

The 'well of course we're more important' comments are interesting. It's only because we're top of the food chain and the only species with a voice. It's a scary thought but we don't own the planet.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Certainly. Remember the picture of the two lads standing beside the pitbull? They just cut off its ears and were posing with them for the camera.

I would quite happily choose the dog in this instance and have a fine night's sleep.

The 'well of course we're more important' comments are interesting. It's only because we're top of the food chain and the only species with a voice. It's a scary thought but we don't own the planet.

I would agree with this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

See people talking to dogs calling themselves “mummy and daddy”

My dachshund cross has always known my wife as "mammy", I dont see anything wrong with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭Beta Ray Bill

An Animals life is not worth the same as humans life.

I think the worth of an Animals life differs based on three things

1) Amount of contact with said animal (My dog is worth a lot more to me than your dog)
    2) Intelligence (I'd value an intelligent Animal like Dolphin/Chimp/Dog over and stupid animal like a Hen)
    3) Usefulness (Horse is more useful than a hamster)
    4) Animals that a pricks are worth nothing (Wasps, Silverfish some cats, rats)

In terms of hunting though I don't believe in hunting an animal unless you intend to eat it.
    If you want to hunt for sport, make it difficult, shooting an Animal from 250 meters away with a Rifle is not sport. It's just killing an animal for no reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Everything that is alive has a life.

Equality would depend on the perspective of one being either the human or the dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭MadamRazz

If I was driving along and there was a dog on one side of the road and a person on the other, I would probably swerve to avoid hitting the dog. Just because we think we're more important, doesn't mean that we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Most people anthropomorphize their pets to some degree. Then you get the people who claim, give a hypothetical flood, they would save their dog from drowning rather than a person. These people should go and live in the wilderness and be denied the comforts of human society.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

MadamRazz wrote: »
    If I was driving along and there was a dog on one side of the road and a person on the other, I would probably swerve to avoid hitting the dog. Just because we think we're more important, doesn't mean that we are.

That's sad really. The devastation of a human losing its life is far greater than a dog losing its life.

I love animals but I love humans more.

Wibbs wrote: »

Not it doesn't.

Even if the person is evil (subjective) their life is still worth more than a Jack Russell's.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Not it doesn't.

Even if the person is evil (subjective) their life is still worth more than a Jack Russell's.

To Godwin or not to Godwin :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Bundesarchiv_B_145_Bild-F051673-0059%2C_Adolf_Hitler_und_Blondi_auf_dem_Berghof.jpg

Only page 2 and people are brining up Hitler:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭farmerwifelet

But look at the dog in the picture the perfect shining example of the breed, rather than the arched backed, misshapen thing that has back legs too short for its body that "dog lovers" have today. dogs 100 years ago were totally different to the dogs we have now and its not an improvement. Dog lovers need to stop buying breeds that are deformed. Pugs for example.

And even if you call yourself "mammy" your dog does not entitle you to a parent and child parking space!

Advertisement