Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Ripple Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59,641 ✭✭✭✭namenotavailablE

I amn't avidly following it- I generally get updates from Jeremy Hogan's videos on Youtube (he's a US based attorney) with occasional news articles from CoinDesk and the like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

It's like any investment, you gotta have an exit strategy and a price point your happy with. You will never sell at the top or buy at the bottom.
    At the end of the day, any profit is a win.

XRP may keep going parabolic this market cycle and then could drop 70%+ before the next bear cycle, it will shake out the holders as well.

With the coin base IPO tomorrow they could relist XRP soon but no one knows

Everyone's circumstances are different, $30k might be of huge benefit to someone and they cash in but to others, they are hoping to go big or go home and cash out 6 figure sums of their holdings.

Invest what you are prepared to lose and good luck.

I'm happy to HODL for 5+ years and pray ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,458 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

It's like any inventment, you gotta have an exit strategy and a price point your happy with. You will never sell at the top or buy at the bottom.
    At the end of the day, any profit is a win.

XRP may keep going parabolic this market cycle and then could drop 70%+ before the next bear cycle, it will shake out the holders as well.

With the coin base IPO tomorrow they could relist XRP soon but no one knows

Everyone's circumstances are different, $30k might be of huge benefit to someone and they cash in but to others, they are hoping to go big or go home and cash out 6 figure sums of their holdings.

Invest what you are prepared to lose and good luck.

I cashed out 7000 xrp when it hit 50c a few months back. Didnt see this coming and didnt buy in again once it got to 50c region. Will have to wait for a drop now i think.

mickdw wrote: »
    I cashed out 7000 xrp when it hit 50c a few months back. Didnt see this coming and didnt buy in again once it got to 50c region. Will have to wait for a drop now i think.

Nice job on the cash out. I don’t think we will see below $1 this cycle. Currently $1.30 seems to be the support level

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭plibige

Ye its a weird one, like I have a healthy amount and its value now is far beyond what I paid for it, and being honest I did want a little more than I currently have, but a few circumstances meant I wasn't in a position to invest more until recently.

And I do believe its going higher, but I would still be cautious about how much I put in. Don't think I'll buy anymore right now.

If it dips below a euro again then ye I probably will, but at the moment I'm just happy to see where this goes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

With 'Father' Hernandez now on the case (as well as the xrp army), you're truly blessed. :D

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

$1.50 baby

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Daithi40

Emily WW wrote: »
    $1.50 baby

€1.50 baby :)

still not sure whether to cancel 1/5th of stack sell order at €1.98 .... been there for over 3 years 🀯

Daithi40 wrote: »

still not sure whether to cancel 1/5th of stack sell order at €1.98 .... been there for over 3 years ��

You obviously dont need it then - sit on it - most predicting 3-5 so hold on and see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭endainoz

It's getting to be a nice routine every morning to see how much it's gained over night, long may it continue!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭bennyineire

€1.60 now :eek:

endainoz wrote: »
    It's getting to be a nice routine every morning to see how much it's gained over night, long may it continue!

Just like my waistline :D

Daithi40 wrote: »

still not sure whether to cancel 1/5th of stack sell order at €1.98 .... been there for over 3 years ��

In my humble opinion* this crypto market space is only getting started now. 250bn market cap in 2019, 850bn in Jan 21, and now roughly 2.3tn.

If you dont need to cash out then you could just let it multiply.

* I'm not a financial advisor do not buy or sell on anything that I may say, that would be a very bad idea :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭water-man

Hi,

Complete newbie here. My brother in law keeps talking to me on XRP / ripple since last oct.

There are a lot of pages here on ripple is there a simple review of what it is etc?

The only thing I know about investing is don't do it unless you understand it. And basically all investing I have no idea about so never took he plunge.

My only investing is to 1) over pay my mortgage & 2) my pension! That is all.

Should I take the plunge....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

water-man wrote: »
    Hi,

Complete newbie here. My brother in law keeps talking to me on XRP / ripple since last oct.

There are a lot of pages here on ripple is there a simple review of what it is etc?

The only thing I know about investing is don't do it unless you understand it. And basically all investing I have no idea about so never took he plunge.

My only investing is to 1) over pay my mortgage & 2) my pension! That is all.

Should I take the plunge....

Only put in what you can afford to lose.
    I'm very risk averse but I'm dipping a toe in, without risking losing my shirt!

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Only put in what you can afford to lose.
    I'm very risk averse but I'm dipping a toe in, without risking losing my shirt!

Also don't get sucked into reddit, or youtube on the topic. There definitely are some good ones to follow out there who analyse charts and the like but plenty to avoid too.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Theman343

Fairly dipped there dont know why but alot of cryptocurrencies have dropped, I did buy some more just to take a chance might not be a great idea tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Theman343 wrote: »
    Fairly dipped there dont know why but alot of cryptocurrencies have dropped, I did buy some more just to take a chance might not be a great idea tho

People cashing out to buy Coinbase shares?

down 30c - Was thinking of buying more but I will wait for sub $1 if it happens - bounce should be good tho (hopefully)

Theman343 wrote: »

In the scheme of things it's a pretty small drop, this is to be expected, people might be taking some profit and others will buy the small dip, already making a recovery. There likely will be plenty of drops to come in this run yet. Still flying though, came really close to 2 dollars yesterday. It might hit it before the end of the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Emily WW wrote: »
    down 30c - Was thinking of buying more but I will wait for sub $1 if it happens - bounce should be good tho (hopefully)

Already seems to be bouncing back somewhat. Hit a low of €1.31 today, back to €1.41 now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Also don't get sucked into reddit, or youtube on the topic. There definitely are some good ones to follow out there who analyse charts and the like but plenty to avoid too.

What are the best sources for info on these.

Agree on Reddit and you tube. So much bullsh1t out there and it will lead people astray.
    FLOOPER wrote: »
    What are the best sources for info on these.

Some good followers on youtube. Just watch and you will get a good idea if you're happy to invest or not.

You tube:

Blockchain Backer - might be a bit too technical

TommyonXRP - he's a bit mad but good to watch

Moon Lambo - normally all the latest news daily

Credible Crypto - another good channel for updates

They might be of some help to you in making a decision.

good Luck :)

Agree on Reddit and you tube. So much bullsh1t out there and it will lead people astray.

Some good followers on youtube. Just watch and you will get a good idea if you're happy to invest or not.

You tube:

Blockchain Backer - might be a bit too technical

TommyonXRP - he's a bit mad but good to watch

Moon Lambo - normally all the latest news daily

Credible Crypto - another good channel for updates

They might be of some help to you in making a decision.

good Luck :)

Have been watching bcbacker for the last few months, pretty much everything he's predicted has happened for this alt coin market. People were laughing at him when he sold his bit coin to invest in alt coins, but his gains have been huge as a result.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Focused on XRP doing some day trading since middle of March, up 50% so far but gonna sit back and wait for the moment.

I don't honestly believe it will go above $5 as it was just a way to raise funds for development of a product but it still has promise.

Still fun to hold a few thousand and see where it goes though. Did the same with SIA and TRX, got all cheap so nothing to lose by sitting back and watching.

All my original investment has been taken out a few times over by now so it's just a matter of waiting and see where the fun money goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 92 ✭✭dougal0691

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    Focused on XRP doing some day trading since middle of March, up 50% so far but gonna sit back and wait for the moment.

I don't honestly believe it will go above $5 as it was just a way to raise funds for development of a product but it still has promise.

Still fun to hold a few thousand and see where it goes though. Did the same with SIA and TRX, got all cheap so nothing to lose by sitting back and watching.

All my original investment has been taken out a few times over by now so it's just a matter of waiting and see where the fun money goes.

I hope you have 50% more coins from day trading in the last month, rather than only having 50% gains in fiat value?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,249 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

dougal0691 wrote: »
    I hope you have 50% more coins from day trading in the last month, rather than only having 50% gains in fiat value?

Considering its up like 300% being 50% up in anything is bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 92 ✭✭dougal0691

GreeBo wrote: »
    Considering its up like 300% being 50% up in anything is bad

thats what I was getting at, if they have only increased their fiat value by 50% then it would be more accurate to say " I lost a **** ton of potential gains by day trading"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭Blowheads

What's pulling us back up now?

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Daithi40

Blowheads wrote: »
    What's pulling us back up now?

my guess is the market uptick in general and that the SEC looks like they are going to lose this eventually with a little egg in their face.... too big to fail eh...😉

but who knows, is the genie really out of the bottle

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2021-04-09/bitcoin-is-displacing-gold-as-an-inflation-hedge

not xrp specific but certainly related

• Advertisement

I hope anyone waiting for that dip last week bought in :).

And to the Bitcoin maxis who said it's going to ZERO unlucky :P

Its after breaking out of the .618 on the Fibonacci, onwards and upwards :D

sphp1W5.png

Advertisement