Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Listening to Fairytale of New York on Today FM and feeling all Christmassy and cosy. (The cosiness comes from the heater under my desk and the blanket around my shoulders. Anyone else in a freezing office?)

At home last night, reading, all cosy and Same Auld Lang Syne came on the radio, in the background. Pure contentment.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Oh wow, I would 100% wear the festive flash ones, except I don’t wear heels any more. The trick with some of the more out-there Irregular Choice shoes is to wear all black and let the shoes do all the talking. Black dress, black tights, in-your-face shoes.

Yes they were very pretty with the Christmas tree on the front but I was thinking more of the Santa and Mrs Claus ones or the Christmas puddings :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

miamee wrote: »
    Yes they were very pretty with the Christmas tree on the front but I was thinking more of the Santa and Mrs Claus ones or the Christmas puddings :D

Yeah those are for very confident people. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Listening to Fairytale of New York on Christmas FM and feeling all Christmassy and cosy. (The cosiness comes from the heater under my desk and the blanket around my shoulders. Anyone else in a freezing office?)

Fixed that for you :D

TRS30 wrote: »
    Fixed that for you :D

Actually switching it on right now!

• Advertisement

Actually switching it on right now!

The guilt is strong in this one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Jude13

Wish I could listen in work, I have just sent in a request for the Christmas forum

TRS30 wrote: »
    The guilt is strong in this one :D

Nope, I wouldn’t listen to it all day. At the moment it’s replacing the podcasts I usually listen to at this time until my boss gets into the office. Then I might listen on the bus home too.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Nope, I wouldn’t listen to it all day. At the moment it’s replacing the podcasts I usually listen to at this time until my boss gets into the office. Then I might listen on the bus home too.

Same as myself :D

Was only joking with you. It's in competition with a Christmas CD at the minute in the car as Elf2 is doing a Christmas show and has to learn two songs so they are on constant loop so he can sing along.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

And now its officially christmas! Just taking the decorations down from the attic and what ad is on RTE? Kelloggs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,354 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

78623388_3270344879673803_4104726328123588608_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ohc=DOjdVk3mFC8AQnPdWiOjVThykLsK4tzFRN3Q0CzL9igS7YohCpmJ_SLOA&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub2-2.fna&oh=8c8dc7d8fd21a2a0ee0ea64b8a1fccb3&oe=5E7F012A

• Registered Users Posts: 21,865 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Willie Wonka !!
    I love that film , so much so that one of my brothers will probably ring me Christmas Day and say quick , turn on RTE1 ,'it's on now :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I posted this in the maps thread in After Hours but thought people here might find it interesting too - a map of the Christmas Gift-Bringers of Europe

DR0DK1aXcAAGKST.jpg

I painted the hall last night. I thought it looked okay but it did need to be painted.
    I cleaned the walls, paths and gutters this evening but it got dark and I've no idea how they look.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Scarinae wrote: »
    I posted this in the maps thread in After Hours but thought people here might find it interesting too - a map of the Christmas Gift-Bringers of Europe

LOL at Catalonia - Tio de Nadal (tree trunk that defecates presents)
    Eh what? :eek::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Went to Love Actually In Concert last night - it was amazing!!! Yes, the tickets were very expensive but it was magnificent. The orchestra were just amazing! I took my parents for their Christmas present as I'm cutting back on physical presents this year (we all have enough "stuff") and they loved it! Was delighted as my Dad wasn't overly keen about it beforehand but he actually really enjoyed himself. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

miamee wrote: »
    LOL at Catalonia - Tio de Nadal (tree trunk that defecates presents)
    Eh what? :eek::pac:

Don't forget the Caganer figure taking a crap in the corner of your crib, no crib is complete without one, the Catalans have a bit of a scatalogical obsession.
    Him indoors has one but I won't allow him to put it in our one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Our Christmas Cactus has burst in to bloom right on schedule. I love when we manage to get it flowering in the lead up to, and over, Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,027 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Going to this later

https://watergatetheatre.ie/watergate_events/by-royal-decree-my-ae-an-evening-with-ricky-tomlinson-jim-royle/

Jim Royle and the Royle family was one of my Xmas TV highlights for years. Genius writing and it was sad but fitting it ended with Caroline Ahearnes passing

Too young too remember the days of Only Fools And Horses being the number 1 xmas tv show but love rewatching it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Going to this later

https://watergatetheatre.ie/watergate_events/by-royal-decree-my-ae-an-evening-with-ricky-tomlinson-jim-royle/

Jim Royle and the Royle family was one of my Xmas TV highlights for years. Genius writing and it was sad but fitting it ended with Caroline Ahearnes passing

Too young too remember the days of Only Fools And Horses being the number 1 xmas tv show but love rewatching it

Oh Enjoy I reckon that'll be a cracking night out!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,059 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I started the grocery shopping for the 25th today - because my dad forced me to take some cash towards costs of having the dinner this year. Primarily booze but also some shelf stable bits and pieces that will remind me of the impending cookpocalypse every time I see them in the cupboards!

Also realised that I'm basically done with presents - two nephews that just want cash are yet to be sorted out but that's it.

Going to get my partner to write the cards tonight (my handwriting is illegible) and will post them on Saturday probably. Not received one yet though!

This is a cafe/bakery near me. What do ye make of the prices?
    78222150_951783481861384_4560713492587347968_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_eui2=AeG9VliPABygA5Vz8zvGc-fNCj7iYQYV2-WmEHvWsGh5C3_BnHroISbsEaBtod3_nbDH16BE7rxnrkLObfecZvPb-O7teMQ2wLVckbUdHnzYqA&_nc_ohc=2HY8o3U3Ro8AQlKWegM7Y-MMfCDDAZeDEF5_fDa5qOwovZBJoOKCZxRIA&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub2-2.fna&oh=e8498eab34d9feebbc104d99edabb4a3&oe=5E8059C8

We're into the 10's!
    Can't believe next time I'll be doing this we'll be in single digits!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

This is a cafe/bakery near me. What do ye make of the prices?

Notions, that's what.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Those prices are completely off the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Went to Derry last night for bit of browse before meal & panto with friends it was so Christmassy! :D Heading to Dublin this morning for the weekend- bit of besties reunion! We're heading to Farmleigh for Christmas markets and then hole in the wall for few drinks. Did anyone go to Farmleigh before?

We're into the 10's!
    Can't believe next time I'll be doing this we'll be in single digits!

That is actually making me feel a bit stressy sick...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Got my lashes done last night in anticipation of the party season!! I'm off out tonight and tomorrow night, knackered just thinking about it tbh...!

• Advertisement

Went to Derry last night for bit of browse before meal & panto with friends it was so Christmassy! :D Heading to Dublin this morning for the weekend- bit of besties reunion! We're heading to Farmleigh for Christmas markets and then hole in the wall for few drinks. Did anyone go to Farmleigh before?

I've been there loads but not at Christmas, I think their Christmas programme starts this weekend thouogh they have a choir singing carols inside the house (tickets aare free but you need to get one, small space) or a barbershop quartet outside singing as well. It's a nice spot and the Hole in the Wall is FAB at Christmas with their decorations - make sure you check out the whole place, it's a long narrow building, grab a table wherever you can but make sure to have a wander down to see all the decs in the different rooms :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement